Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When do you meet the parents? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    so basically putting one's needs and happiness first
    Not necessarily, it's in the interests of all connected to an individual for said individual to try to strike the right balance

if they're good people I see no reason for this obsession with money
    I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Not necessarily, it's in the interests of all connected to an individual for said individual to try to strike the right balance

I know
    these days there's not particular time frame and people introduce each other to their parents whenever they feel like it,even something as going on holiday together in the early stages of dating is no longer seen as a milestone*

ReputationRep:
    Day 1 ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Day 1 ^
    I wouldn't be suprised in this day and age*

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be suprised in this day and age*
    I said day 1 but I really wouldn't even though it's the Islamic way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    I said day 1 but I really wouldn't even though it's the Islamic way.
    a bit too soon?*

ReputationRep:
    a bit too soon?*
    Ya

ReputationRep:
    Current boyfriend met his parents after about a year - maybe slightly more. He met mine after 2.*

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I would have thought the answer would be whenever it is comfortable.
    If you are confident about the relationship lasting, why not meet the parents? Speaking as a guy who has never been anywhere close to being in this situation before someone bites my head off.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I met my boyfriend's parents after 10 months. However he won't meet my family until next April, probably, and that'll be a year and a half.

ReputationRep:
    these days there's not particular time frame and people introduce each other to their parents whenever they feel like it
    I dunno, I think it's still pretty common for those living independently from their parents to postpone introductions until things are quite advanced

even something as going on holiday together in the early stages of dating is no longer seen as a milestone*
    No, that is ordinarily seen as quite a big milesone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I dunno, I think it's still pretty common for those living independently from their parents to postpone introductions until things are quite advanced

No, that is ordinarily seen as quite a big milesone!
    nope. You still have guys inviting random chicks they aren't even in proper functioning relationships to see their mum or dad and even take on vacation with together.(so I learnt today anyway) If that's not advanced and serious then I don't know what is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    In your own opinion, how long would you have to be dating someone until you decide to meet their parents?
    I would only feel comfortable to meet the girls parents only if we had a relationship that was more than 2 years in

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.