Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If a homeless person was begging you to buy them breakfast, would you ignore them? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrianMcEgg)
    Yes. Selfish people are more likely to ask for promotion or pay rises, in which can accelerate career growth for individuals. They're also more likely to invest their energy into things that keep you healthy rather than being stuck in the office all day, in which can mean better performance at a workplace, once again getting you closer to a promotion
    How is asking for a pay rise selfish?
    When i talk about selfish i mean in regards to how you interact with other people.

ReputationRep:
    I never reported your post...
    (Original post by RibbonTide)
    Lol you actually reported my post. It wasnt meant to be that offensive... It said iEthan removed my posts because someone reported me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibbonTide)
    Thats mean. Delete yourself from here
    It's mean, but at least it's self honest.

Personally I wouldn't, and it annoys me when homeless people look at you with the puppy dog eyes and try to guilt trip you into giving them money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    How is asking for a pay rise selfish?
    When i talk about selfish i mean in regards to how you interact with other people.
    I said that selfish people are more likely to ask for a pay rise, slight difference

I'm on limited income, and trying to save up so I can use that money at university, I'm not a charity ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    it costs literally nothing for me to buy a breakfast! gave £5 the other day to a homeless person :cute:
    What if they spent that money on heroin or illegal drugs instead of food ?

ReputationRep:
    Nope I am not a charity, I would tell him where the nearest soup kitchen is though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    yes, i can just pop into greggs with the money i find on my school ground (which students drop all the time)

ReputationRep:
    As humans we should help each other in whatever way we can.Homeless people dont want to ask people for money etc. But they do so because theyre desperate.I would happily buy a homeless man breakfast and even sit with him and have a chat.Homeless people arent of another species,theyre just people like the rest of us in an unfortunate situation and people who are fortunate not to be in their situation should help them because it is the moral thing to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    What if they spent that money on heroin or illegal drugs instead of food ?
    they are starving for food though! and i dont think they can buy drugs without any proof of identification? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I wouldn't be arsed if they did spend it on drugs or alcohol tbh, they're homeless, have a pint on me lads.

I'd be more likely not to give though because I don't carry much cash on me.
    Yeah well I would be. How exactly is feeding their addiction gonna help them. But each to their own...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I would buy him/her something to eat if I can afford it. This isn't the first time and nor will it be the last.

ReputationRep:
    I would do it if I had the money on me. The other day I saw this old woman buy a bag of food for a homeless man and it was really heartwarming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Yeah well I would be.
    Why?

How exactly is feeding their addiction gonna help them. But each to their own...
    It might stop them nicking to pay for their booze.
    They are going to get it anyway, may as well have two quid off me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    That is very generous of you, but the thought of giving a fiver to a stranger is giving me a migraine

Tbh, I was not convinced.
    Like I know that we have services that can provide meals and such, and if he was desperate he would of seek out such services
    It really isn't so simple. I'm pretty sure a person would rather go to a service for food than beg on the street for it. It's actually surprising how little support there is for the homeless.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to go for location if it's somewhere i will be back in the next month then i won't do it but if it somewhere will not see in a couple of months or more then sure I'll buy them something
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the real from the fake is easy you offer them something and they turun it down an the real with take it gracefully in thanks as a rule

ReputationRep:
    If they're like a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1 to Starvin' Marvin' then sure, I'd buy them an apple :hippie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    If they're like a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1 to Starvin' Marvin' then sure, I'd buy them an apple :hippie:

Only an apple?
    Wait can apples be bought separately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Only an apple?
    Wait can apples be bought separately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthаn)

I normally see them in a pack of five or six

ReputationRep:
    No I dont see why he cant go sign on n get housing benefit these options are available to people he probs chooses to live that way.. Its easy to be a bum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.