Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think the price of food is too high? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you shop and the type of food you're buying...

ReputationRep:
    Yup especially in the south/south-east for what id pay for a meal here i could get double in say the USA, NZL, Aus etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsapRocky)
    Only way to feed yourself these days is to buy process crap from iceland. If you want a balanced healthy diet be prepared to find employment paying 50k per year after tax

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no, it's not
    I've got filet steak, ostrich and scallops to enjoy
    the matter is DON'T get employed
    be your own boss, start your own business
    I did and look at my diet, the Mercedes I am buying or the Rolex I have already bought myself or the Lalique crystal statue for my desk
    that's what i have done with my Brexit profit along with some reinvestment in my company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Food prices are not going to increase, because of a brexit.
    Uh yeah they are. There's going to be at least 3% slapped on immediately. After that, who knows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)
    Question: Why or How is Aldi so cheap??
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/why-al...o-cheap-2015-4

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you shop .

ReputationRep:
    It is to be honest, I remember when shopping at m and s was not expensive. I now shop at aldi these days......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Uh yeah they are. There's going to be at least 3% slapped on immediately. After that, who knows
    Only 3 percent?
    That is hardly going to cause concern among the masses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WW3IsComing)
    It is to be honest, I remember when shopping at m and s was not expensive. I now shop at aldi these days......
    MnS has always been premium when it comes to supermarket prices

ReputationRep:
    I am not against people having a choice in life.. but for one person who can afford to shop in the most expensive places in comparison to another who needs to visit foodbanks.. how is this a fair society we live in!

ReputationRep:
    Eh it's not too bad, I suppose meat (depending on the meat) is quite expensive, but then we've become accustomed to eating meat pretty much daily which we didn't used to. The price of most fruit/veg has come down a tad over the last couple of years, peppers, lettuce etc.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on where you're shopping and whether you care enough to look around for offers. Every pound counts for me. Usually supremarkets try and cheat you by saying the 'larger' size of a regular product is on offer but if you but two of the regular size product you can some times end up with more product for a cheaper price. Also big supermarkets like asda usually have a clearance section in the fruits and vegetables section and a random one with different items I always have a look in these sections. For fruits and veg in general I usually shop at lidl. Lidl is so underrated, my sister often turns her nose up at it b cause she can't buy branded items like you can in the supermarket. I also love how lidl has that random isle of **** in the middle of the store

ReputationRep:
    Not really. It depends which grocery store you shop at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Surely you can grow food really cheaply?
    Ah but you see, that requires a minimal amount of skill, a little bit of effort and some patience. Qualities which are sorely lacking in the average modern day person.

ReputationRep:
    man buys chicken and chips

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.