How to succeed in your AS levels, + explanation of new A level system

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AceOfSpade)
    Wanted to ask if you could post an example of your tracking spreadsheet please
    PM me your email address

ReputationRep:
    What is the tracking thing for? Past papers? Timetable? Can I have it too please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    What is the tracking thing for? Past papers? Timetable? Can I have it too please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    past papers. pm me email address

ReputationRep:
    Thanx for the tips I'm self studying a levels

Access to HE in Social Work

BSc Health and Social Care - pending

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeddyBear86)
    Thanx for the tips I'm self studying a levels

Access to HE in Social Work

BSc Health and Social Care - pending
    no problem

ReputationRep:
    Well I've now got substance to back up my claims! Got AAAA, super pleased!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    Well I've now got substance to back up my claims! Got AAAA, super pleased!
    Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    So the best way to learn is to do all your work and notes from the START of the year! No messing around and actually willing to spend your free time doing the best you can to actually smile at the end of the year on results day instead of crying! TRUST ME! I went from a CCD to ABB, with only two retakes, so yes you can do anything! I can't stress thing enough, but at the end of the day its a year or two out of your life and you will 100% regret it if you know you could have worked harder but you didn't really push yourself! Also, if your school don't give 'study leave' like mine , then do whatever you feel is right. I didn't bother going to lessons some days as my teacher in psychology was atrocious, got letters sent home, senior teacher shouting in my face (with pressure of exams mind) and guess what? I GOT AN A*.I also...-Made a timetable which I genuinely committed too (rare for me)-Made a lot of flashcard- which I then summarised onto posits-Made my own notes from different resources which really help (thanks student room)-Spoke to my family about the topic I was studying, this made me feel more confident about actually understanding the subject which I believe is very important-Also having a social life is definalty important (it keeps you sane) but please try and avoid your phone and focus on you and your revision (while your at it avoiding junk food would be great- if you want those grades you would do anything) Please ask me for any revision material or anything advice or general questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanisha0729)
    So the best way to learn is to do all your work and notes from the START of the year! No messing around and actually willing to spend your free time doing the best you can to actually smile at the end of the year on results day instead of crying! TRUST ME! I went from a CCD to ABB, with only two retakes, so yes you can do anything! I can't stress thing enough, but at the end of the day its a year or two out of your life and you will 100% regret it if you know you could have worked harder but you didn't really push yourself! Also, if your school don't give 'study leave' like mine , then do whatever you feel is right. I didn't bother going to lessons some days as my teacher in psychology was atrocious, got letters sent home, senior teacher shouting in my face (with pressure of exams mind) and guess what? I GOT AN A*.I also...-Made a timetable which I genuinely committed too (rare for me)-Made a lot of flashcard- which I then summarised onto posits-Made my own notes from different resources which really help (thanks student room)-Spoke to my family about the topic I was studying, this made me feel more confident about actually understanding the subject which I believe is very important-Also having a social life is definalty important (it keeps you sane) but please try and avoid your phone and focus on you and your revision (while your at it avoiding junk food would be great- if you want those grades you would do anything) Please ask me for any revision material or anything advice or general questions
    Yeah a lot of people make the mistake of revising with their phone around... DON'T. Either have it switched off and out of sight or on silent/airplane mode. You can use your phone as a reward however- 10 minutes on your phone for 30 minutes of work, you just need to be self-disciplined.

ReputationRep:
    Results day bump

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas for A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niyi Aderounmu)
    Any ideas for A2?
    Nope, I'm going in to A2. Will do roughly the same things but improve on last year and just do more.

ReputationRep:
    Just made my A2 past paper tracker if anyone is interested. Pretty much the same as the AS, also includes the old and new spec past papers

ReputationRep:
    Just made my A2 past paper tracker if anyone is interested. Pretty much the same as the AS, also includes the old and new spec past papers
    Mind sending me one ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Mind sending me one ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure, pm me your email

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you could send me one as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelle88222)
    Do you think you could send me one as well?
    Yes, but you need to pm me your email

ReputationRep:
    Any chance you can send me the AS past paper tracker please?

ReputationRep:
    You sir have my utmost respect, have some Rep.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.