When it comes to relationships, are non good looking guys overlooked for hot guys?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah and thanks to y'all recent posters for making my OCD go out of control
    I'll go cry myself to sleep again!

ReputationRep:
    To be brutally honest you don't need to be that attractive to make a girl wet for you.

You just have to make her happy in your presence. She has to enjoy spending time with you, be able to trust you and always be comfortable when with you.

When it comes to sex all you really need to do is compliment her ceaselessly before-hand, but in such a manner that is sincere and isn't too frequent so that it doesn't lose its effect. If psychologically she is in the right mood it doesn't matter even if you're ugly (i.e. less than 5/10) because girls often just close their eyes in sex anyway. They aren't as visual as us.

If you are ugs you're gonna need something to make her stop and listen to you though. So somehow be unique and in a good/intriguing way - don't just dress like a ****ing hipster queer...

Comedy is a good thing to work on.

Once you get on a date with her it's all good from there, but yeah, being less attractive will make that a harder prospect. So either be funny, be rich, dress well or be intelligent. Or best of all, be all four.

ReputationRep:
    All you have to do is hold your head high, you can be confident and that's great but confidence can be so easily faked, compliment her once at most. You don't want to compliment her every time you see her, give her more subtle signals than "You look nice in that", like more eye contact, changing your posture to meet hers, light touching (not sexual touching obviously). Making a girl laugh is such an easy way to get something going. Not cracking jokes but making witty comments here and there is such an easy way to make a girl like you more, be sarcastic too that's always good but not too sarcastic, every girl I've ever met loves sarcasm for some reason and that goes from girls you'd consider ugly to 9/10's. When you converse you're probably coming across as needy just chill out and take a step back. Have a normal conversation, just be a more confident you. Just go for it man, eventually a girl will come along but from some of your comments you sound like you understand females much less than I do and I thought that was an f'ing impossibility. Better yourself and girls will better you. Best of luck.

Who cares if somebody is "popular" at school? In my experience, those men have been the worst to talk to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Who cares if somebody is "popular" at school? In my experience, those men have been the worst to talk to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently all those ppl at school who made him popular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    This is more for the females but males feel free to answer too!
    Would you date a guy who isnt good looking but (according to many others) has a great personality?
    Or do they have to be like one of the popular good looking guys from schools (that type of guy)?
    Because most girls nowadays want the second option which leaves me in a tricky situation when trying to find a girl that i could potentially enter a relationship with.
    So are non good looking guys with a great personality (according to others) dateable?
    Thanks!

Image of me contained in spoiler 1
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Additional info contained in spoiler 2
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Reason i ask, i keep getting rejected befkre girls even get to know me. I say hi and tell them that ive seen them around (most of them know who i am anyway, there was only 1 who didnt) and that they seem really nice and friendly. This is met with a good response. But then we chat and things go well and we become friends but a good looking guy always comes along and gets in a relationship with them after speaking for a day! No joke!
    Well one wasnt good looking but i was lead on and crushed but thats a different story.
    Thanks!
    You're still a kid (I assume), they're still shallow and wanting the sports jock. When you get older their focus shifts and they start looking for proper relationships, that's where you come in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please can we stop the hate towards me. I apologize for having no confidence and for being absolutely useless in life but no more hate please!
    Thankyou
    I don't think that's true! You have a lot going for you and are a lovely person:yep:
    You definitely have a great personality (from what I've seen in our chats) so I still stand by everything I said in my previous posts in this thread
    Oh yeah and thanks to y'all recent posters for making my OCD go out of control
    I'll go cry myself to sleep again!
    Awww, Freezer! :console: Hope you're OK now :hugs:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I weren't hating on you buddy, just thought I'd clarify. Honestly, I can tell you're more intelligent than that and not one of the dreaded "nice guys".

Anyway, talking from personal experience here; you're not the only one who is unsuccessful with the ladies. There's plenty of other people on this forum and others that are in a similar boat. Conversation skills, flirting, picking up girls etc are all skills to be learned with the right mindset and practice. If you're really struggling, get a friend to wingman for you. Try online dating to at least get some conversations going. The very last thing you want to do is feel bitter and resentful towards the whole thing. At the end of the day, you are talking to women and they are showing a bit of interest in you, which is more than some people get...look at the positives, recognize you have opportunities, and just work towards capitalizing on them.

As for looks, they mean NOTHING. If they click with you on a deeper level, that is where the fun begins.

Now go get 'em tiger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    It depends on the type of personality he has; if a guy makes me laugh it's a huge turn-on. I would most probably fall for a funny guy who treats me in a way that makes me feel loved and cared for (as I would treat him), even if he isn't at all good-looking.

I could never be attracted to a "hot" guy who was repulsive in so many other ways or had no personality/goals.
    some hot guys are just so mean and cold hearted.

I would prefer a guy who had a combination of good looks,great personality and generally kind and caring without having to be a complete dick*

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Just look around, look at couples in public and there's your answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)

I would prefer a guy who had a combination of good looks,great personality and generally kind and caring without having to be a complete dick*
    That doesn't help the OP one bit. You just said you want everything. Well, don't we all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)

True that, but I always steer clear if it becomes more and more evident that he is a dick so that I don't end up wasting too much time on someone who isn't worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casserole)
    That doesn't help the OP one bit. You just said you want everything. Well, don't we all.
    good*

Updated: July 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.