Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do western men still marry western women? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever had three girlfriends in my life (I'm 21), one was Asian and the other two were white. Although I wouldn't say white women are more entitled, having been with my Asian girlfriend for a little over a year I admire how reserved and dignified she is. I think finding a white girl who cares about family values and traditional values is a rarity nowadays, and after being with someone who believes in nothing but that, it's certainly changed my outlook. Anyway, that's my personal experience but I think anyone who generalises anybody because of race or otherwise is plain stupid.

(Original post by Esoteric-)
    No, STAY AWAY from mail order brides.

They are pretty much all just gold diggers looking to suck you dry of your shiny American dollars / British pounds.

To meet foreign women, suggest trying to meet foreign women in the west. Like a lot of people have come to UK from Eastern Europe and other places as more countries have joined the EU. Especially if you lve in south England, its quite culturally diverse now, so easier than ever before to meet women from different countries/cultures, whose minds havent been poisoned by feminist brainwashing
    This. You are such a hero. I couldn't agree more. I am so annoyed with the mind-set of some of our women "if men can do it why cant we?" mentality and their incompetence at doing basic household work. You're a sucker if you're doing all the cleaning and cooking meals/ warming up microwave meals for you and your girl. This may be the 21st century but men and women still have basic roles which need to be met. I guarantee those feminists wont agree with men staying at home while women earn for the household.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulucoco98)
    What's wrong with feminism? And why do women have to cook and clean all the time, why don't you just look after yourself? You also said that western women were likely to have sex before marriage, and what? Why can't women embrace their sexuality? 9/10 times the men have definitely have, but seem to have a problem when women want to enjoy themselves because they feel the need to 'own them'.
    No one is saying that women should submit to their husbands, but many men are put off by women who constantly spew a feminist narrative that treats men like bigots and misogynists. That's just the reality. I would never expect my wife to bend over backwards for me, nor would the majority of western men.

ReputationRep:
    More men in the west need to wake up and realise that western women are absolutely terrible compared to women from other continents.

When you spend some time in South America, Asia/Eurasia or Eastern Europe, and meet women from those cultures, you will realise how poorly western women stack up. Just a few reasons why western women make bad gfs/wives:

6. most likely to nag constantly
    2. highest rates of obesity
    3. most likely to cheat
    10. likely to have had sex with tons of guys before she tricks you into marriage
    4. highest rate of divorce (50% divorce rate in western man/western woman marriages; compared to c.20% in western man/foreign woman), and highest chance of financial losses through divorce for the man
    5. b*tchiest
    7. most likely to believe in feminism and have hatred towards men /patriarchy
    8. most likely to spend least amount of time with her children
    9. worst at cooking and cleaning
    1. highest maintenance & expect you to spend a lot of money to please them

Men, please for your own sanity, dont marry a western woman, and get yourself a foreign wife instead!

ps. By western women, I basically mean Britain, Western & Northern Europe, USA & Canada and Australia / New Zealand
    British and US women generally have the worst personalities in the world, especially young women, partly due to feminism.

I think some Westerm countries have nice women (personality wise), such as Scandinavian women. I will most likely marry a women from one of these countries (if I do ever find a wife)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orton6)
    British and US women generally have the worst personalities in the world, especially young women, partly due to feminism.

I think some Westerm countries have nice women (personality wise), such as Scandinavian women. I will most likely marry a women from one of these countries (if I do ever find a wife)
    yes.

I spent two weeks in Stockholm and impression I got from meeting women in clubs and bars, was on average Swedish women were definitely much classier and more polite than typical British women you meet on nights out in UK

ReputationRep:
    Racist AND sexist. Well done- this is 10/10 bigotry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    I'm sure western women will be devastated they can't marry you
    Lmfao XDDD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Racist AND sexist. Well done- this is 10/10 bigotry
    Lol nice try, but you gonna have to troll harder than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    No one is saying that women should submit to their husbands, but many men are put off by women who constantly spew a feminist narrative that treats men like bigots and misogynists. That's just the reality. I would never expect my wife to bend over backwards for me, nor would the majority of western men.
    I'm not generalising by saying all men are bigots and misogynists, but those who are need to take a seat, for example OP.

ReputationRep:
    Sun's out, guns out

ReputationRep:
    More men in the west need to wake up and realise that western women are absolutely terrible compared to women from other continents.

When you spend some time in South America, Asia/Eurasia or Eastern Europe, and meet women from those cultures, you will realise how poorly western women stack up. Just a few reasons why western women make bad gfs/wives:

3. most likely to cheat
    10. likely to have had sex with tons of guys before she tricks you into marriage
    4. highest rate of divorce (50% divorce rate in western man/western woman marriages; compared to c.20% in western man/foreign woman), and highest chance of financial losses through divorce for the man
    5. b*tchiest
    7. most likely to believe in feminism and have hatred towards men /patriarchy
    8. most likely to spend least amount of time with her children

Men, please for your own sanity, dont marry a western woman, and get yourself a foreign wife instead!

ps. By western women, I basically mean Britain, Western & Northern Europe, USA & Canada and Australia / New Zealand
    but they are so conveniently located - just at the end of my street

ReputationRep:
    This is beyond hilariously stupid...

lets start with some critique of asian women [based of common knowledge and stereotypes]
    SE Asians e.g. Thai, Laos, Vietnamese and so forth - money hungry... generally it seems to be a given that a western man is very desirable for two reasons ill pick out 1] arm candy western [white] men are perceived as a status sign 2] They're seen as rich and it seems common that once married said wife would require the husband to buy her a business. They're also more than somewhat controlling. 'the dragon lady'
    Japan/Korea/China - Very controlling wives. deviants, easy
    Latino - promiscuous, prudes [ironic right?]devoutly catholic god botherers.
    Slavic - 'babushka', gold diggers [mail order brides], easy, vain, devout

i could go on forever which various stereotypes people hold which clearly re about as true as your ridiculous ones about western women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    This is beyond hilariously stupid...

lets start with some critique of asian women [based of common knowledge and stereotypes]
    SE Asians e.g. Thai, Laos, Vietnamese and so forth - money hungry... generally it seems to be a given that a western man is very desirable for two reasons ill pick out 1] arm candy western [white] men are perceived as a status sign 2] They're seen as rich and it seems common that once married said wife would require the husband to buy her a business.
    to be fair a lone white man walking around Thailand, malaysia vietnam etc is more likely to be suspected as 3] a paedophile...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    to be fair a lone white man walking around Thailand, malaysia vietnam etc is more likely to be suspected as 3] a paedophile...
    Indeed just as a lone young middle eastern man would be suspected of smuggling semtex in his rectum
    a long black male would be suspected of drug deling or some other crime
    a mexican of being in a cartel
    a russian of being in the maffia
    brit of being a hooligan

so on..
    My point stands these stereotypes are ridiculous...

ReputationRep:
    More women in the west need to wake up and realise that western men are absolutely terrible compared to men from other continents.

When you spend some time in South America, Asia/Eurasia or Eastern Europe, and meet men from those cultures, you will realise how poorly western men stack up. Just a few reasons why western men make bad bfs/husbands:

3. most likely to cheat
    10. likely to have had sex with tons of girls before he tricks you into marriage
    5. cockiest
    7. most likely to believe in sexism and have hatred towards women/ mysoginy
    8. most likely to spend least amount of time with his children

Women, please for your own sanity, dont marry a western man, and get yourself a foreign husband instead!

ps. By western men, I basically mean Britain, Western & Northern Europe, USA & Canada and Australia / New Zealand
    There. Corrected your post for you.

You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I am saying all western women are like that, all chinese people are good at maths, all indians own corner shops, all middle aged italian men have ties to the mafia, all mexicans only eat tacos and burritos all day, and so on and so on
    in my experience, this one is wholly true the mafia is to the Italians what the freemasons is to most other nations

ReputationRep:
    If you want a submissive woman ( that's what it sounds like to me) and you think you'll get that from a South American female LOL no way.

South American girls are the most feisty, dangerous, *****est you'll ever meet. They beat their husbands.

ReputationRep:
    Lol so many butthurt western women here. Im with you OP.

ReputationRep:
    What does it matter and why Dyu careee

ReputationRep:
    As a westerner who is married to a foreigner, should probably weigh in...

Regarding the OPs generalisations about women - whilst many are valid to a point, it fails to take into consideration the changes that have happened to men in western society. Personally I believe both men and women have changed in their attitudes to a point where marriage is no longer fitting in its current state:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Whilst the OP is generalizing hugely, and not exactly being polite about his points, he is heading in the right direction. Currently there is a big problem with marriage in western countries - divorce rates, marriage rates and the number of single parents, are more then enough evidence for this..

however the OP is only looking at half the picture.

The reality is that the identities of both men and women have changed dramatically since 'marriage' was at its height.

Marriage was created at a time when the dynamics of a relationship were simple: the man worked, the women stayed at home, the man had control, the women was subservient, both were committed through good and bad, children was the focus, divorce was not allowed, or highly frowned upon.

Since then, as the OP points out, western women attitudes have changed.. but what he fails to acknowledge is the change that has happened to western men.. and to see the whole picture you need to look at both:

(all lists, given in comparison to people a century ago)

Western women:
    - Far more accepting of divorce
    - Favouried in divorce courts
    - Less likely to be willing to do traditional 'house-wife' roles
    - More likely to want to work / be independant
    - Dont want to give control of their lives away
    - More likely to sleep around

But:

Western men:
    - Less willing to be the sole earner
    - Weaker, less assertive
    - More likely to sleep around
    - Less family responsibility
    - More scared of divorce, giving power to their wife

etc. etc.

The point is that the roles of both sides have changed over the last hundred years, yet our marital system has largely remained the same, except for divorce, which has became a twisted system that works for only 1 half.

The answer for western societies is to re-form marriage. For me, to fit in with modern society, marriage needs to be flexible, with multiple contract types offered for different people. We are no longer a 1-size fits all society, and marriage needs to reflect this. I doubt this will happen for a long time, but currently the ideas of marriage and our societal values are about 100 years out of sync.

Regarding marrying a foreign wife:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Few peices of advice for anyone who does want to marry outside of their country: (attraction comes in all types, and cultures are very different, some people geniunly feel their life will be better if they marry into a different culture, so for those who do, my advise:

1. Dont use any service/aranged system, they are terrible, and often scams.. even if they are genuine, you will end up with someone who wants a western life, not you.

2. Be very careful marrying someone who does not have money.. I have lived in china for over a year now, and there are so many poorer girls who will throw themselves at any white man, just to try and move up in society.. they may not love you, just love what offer finaicially.

3. look close to home. Easy way to avoid a gold-digger, or a person just seeking to a 'greencard' marriage: find a partner from a foreign culture, who already lives in the UK

But most of all:

4. Forget your perfect ideals..

Women from other cultures are not the perfect answer to your problems.. and most will never live up to your stereotype / mental image.

Understand that a marriage between two very different cultures is a HUGE amount of hard work, and you will face completly new difficulties, that most people who marry westerners will not have:

1, language barriers..
    2, Cultrual differences you did not expect..
    3, Visa/immigration battles
    4, One of you will always be a world away from their family
    5, your children will grow up as a minority within their own country
    6, family problems with marying outside races are still huge in many parts of the world.

etc. etc.

I could go on and on.

I love my wife to bits, we met as students in the UK, she was an international student. I had no idea what I was in for when I met here, and did not think any more of it then 'oh, theres a cool girl'.. but really, life with someoen from a completly different culture is hard, and you need to be in it for the right reasons.. it may solve some of your problems with western girls, but it will open up and give you a million new problems. Do it for love, not for some campaign against western girls.

Have been happily married for 2 years.. spent 1 of those years living in her country, I miss my home a lot, but Its what I need to do right now for my wife.. would you be prepared to do the same? If not, then I dont think your ready for the commitment of marrying someone from another country.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.