Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    They were moronic and immature. If they were going to cheat, then a good idea is not to get caught. Bet they are regretting it now.
    For the people that were in that cconversation, then some of them would have taken onboard what was said. I'd have to look at the transcript.
    For instance if it was essay based and seh gave info, but you didnt answwer any of those questions then its easier to say you werent involved.
    If on the other hand you chose the questions she gave info on, then that makes it more likely you were influenced. The transcript is key.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Yep I agree but the invigilators can miss things like this ...
    If they don't notice anything then nothing can happen.

I don't know why anyone would risk talking to someone during an exam when everyone is completely silent meaning any noise can easily be picked up. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    If they don't notice anything then nothing can happen.

I don't know why anyone would risk talking to someone during an exam when everyone is completely silent meaning any noise can easily be picked up. :curious:
    I'm not talking about during the exam - I'm talking about people opening up the papers before the exam starts and when other students for exams are being lead in to the hall so it isn't completely silent , and people discussing the questions before the exam starts ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I'm not talking about during the exam - I'm talking about people opening up the papers before the exam starts and when other students for exams are being lead in to the hall so it isn't completely silent , and people discussing the questions before the exam starts ...
    Oh, right. My mistake. I've never heard of this happening. Obviously it isn't allowed but if the invigilators don't notice then nothing can happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by df2397)
    So basically I was in a group chat of about 45 people, all the ppl came from TSR and it was a group chat relating to one subject.
    On the day of the exam someone, who had a clash, did the exam everyone else was doing in the afternoon in the morning. She went toilet with her phone and told everyone what was in the exam to help out the people who was doing it in the afternoon.
    This info was then put on to our group chat.
    AQA found out about this and now some people in the group chat are now being investigated.
    I was investigated yesterday. Personally I didn't do anything other than being in the group chat. Personally I did not believe the leakage of the exam and just took it as other predictions.
    Also the info was posted on this website and Facebook. I think this is how AQA found out about it.
    So how do you guys think AQA will punish me for being in a group chat?

These are the possible punishment:
    • a warning (880 given in summer 2014)
    • loss of marks for a section, component or unit (1,220 in summer 2014)
    • disqualification from a unit, all units or whole qualifications
    • a ban from sitting exams for a set period of time.
    Hopefully you'll only get a warning.. im sorry you became a victim of someone's stupidity.
    but i wonder how did aqa get to you "in real life" from your TSR account? ?

ReputationRep:
    Chat sh*t get banged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    Hopefully you'll only get a warning.. im sorry you became a victim of someone's stupidity.
    but i wonder how did aqa get to you "in real life" from your TSR account? ?
    I think they got to me irl because of my phone number
    The girl who first got caught told aqa about the what's app group chat
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by DBR247)
    How those concerned might be punished!

Attachment 559164
    blimey

You can be banned from all exams for drawing knobs on your exam script :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    blimey

You can be banned from all exams for drawing knobs on your exam script :eek3:
    If you write too convincingly about being the victim of abuse, you can also call down social services upon yourself to investigate, also. Schools are contacted if the exam reveals any hint of a crime of any sort being committed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.