Clubbing:

Name:  IMG_20160805_233613373.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  270.2 KB
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Day 20 (06/08):

Literally spent all day in bed recovering... Got up at 3 to do laundry and occasionally got up to collect my food delivery lol...

In the evening went back into town to eat dinner and stay over at my roommates place in town, ate done really good food but I have no idea what it was called so not sure I can add it to my new food list...

As usual, completed 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 (thank goodness I still had leftover fruit in the fridge lol)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Day 21 (07/08):

Got up super early and got a train to Wuxi then a bus to a giant Buddhist temple complex (1), was really interesting - there was a HUGE giant Buddha, a Buddhist palace, lots of statues and pretty buildings - I'm not Buddhist (was accompanying my roommate who is) but still it was pretty awesome.

Name:  IMG_20160807_113803201.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  256.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20160807_121340070.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  267.2 KB

Completed the usual 4, 5, 6, 8, 10. Did a lesson on chineseclass101 about marriage in China which had some interesting new vocab (7). Started working on some new post ideas for my website - nothing quite ready to upload yet (I'd rather wait until they're perfect than rush) but did several hours work which should definitely tick off 11.

I'm so far behind on Chemistry revision, plan to spend most evenings next week just working on that
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    thanks to your blog i've decided to give Memrise a go. Initial thoughts were: it could do better than just having the user learn translations. Languages should be learned the "primary school way", which is, teaching how to construct a sentence given a word or phrase (example below). That improves the student's vocab retention and their understanding of the sentence structure and the grammar involved. Much more effective than learning translations, this could result in thinking in one language before having to say the words of another, and it can come out horribly wrong.

Example:
    "possibly" - you couldn't possibly remember all this from a month ago!
    例:
    "可能" - 你不可能所有这些事情
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.