Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How will you vote in the next GE? Watch

• View Poll Results: How will you vote in a GE with Corbyn, May & Farron leading the three main parties?
    Labour supporter voting Labour
    32.91%
    Labour supporter voting Tory
    3.80%
    Labour supporter voting Lib Dem
    2.53%
    Tory supporter voting Tory
    22.78%
    Tory supporter voting Labour
    1.27%
    Tory supporter voting Lib Dem
    1.27%
    Lib Dem supporter voting Lib Dem
    11.39%
    Lib Dem supporter voting Tory
    0%
    Lib Dem supporter voting Labour
    0%
    Floating voter voting Tory
    5.06%
    Floating voter voting Labour
    11.39%
    Floating voter voting Lib Dem
    7.59%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And neither the Lib Dems nor greens want the lords

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whilst the Lib Dems have certainly floated the idea of abolishing the Lords, I think the hen real consensus in the party has been for the second chamber to become elected by PR rather than abolished.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Whilst the Lib Dems have certainly floated the idea of abolishing the Lords, I think the hen real consensus in the party has been for the second chamber to become elected by PR rather than abolished.
    Which is abolishing the lords. The lords is the lords due to its appointed nature, to me a transition to a senate IS abolishing the lords; an outright replacement rather than modification.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And neither the Lib Dems nor greens want the lords

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know , but no party really seems to, even the Conservatives backed reform .

I am normally very conflicted about voting choices, but I tend to favour smaller parties because I think we should have more coalitions and a more consensus based politics.

ReputationRep:
    Which is abolishing the lords. The lords is the lords due to its appointed nature, to me a transition to a senate IS abolishing the lords; an outright replacement rather than modification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite right.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by dominicw)
    I know , but no party really seems to, even the Conservatives backed reform .

I am normally very conflicted about voting choices, but I tend to favour smaller parties because I think we should have more coalitions and a more consensus based politics.
    The tories have never backed "reform"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Quite right.
    So you don't actually want a party that will preserve the lords?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a sore loser remain-er, I am throwing a tantrum and will not be voting in the next GE.

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on how Brexit is handled

ReputationRep:
    It will be my first time voting, but I'm pretty sure I will end up voting for the Lib Dems. If Labour gets rid of Corbyn and a more centre left/centre candidate takes over, I might consider voting for them.

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives or UKIP if labour don't recover and UKIP look to be gaining seats, which at the present looks almost a certainty. If the conservatives get more socially conservative and toughen up on immigration I will be happy to vote them in but I want no more of this all about the markets rubbish which goes hand in hand with open borders and freedom of movement. Cons and labour need to both go back to their roots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    It will be my first time voting, but I'm pretty sure I will end up voting for the Lib Dems. If Labour gets rid of Corbyn and a more centre left/centre candidate takes over, I might consider voting for them.
    I liked Nick Clegg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I liked Nick Clegg
    You me and both I wish more people did. He's spineless, but a great speaker and very reasonable imo.

ReputationRep:
    You me and both I wish more people did. He's spineless, but a great speaker and very reasonable imo.
    Cameron poisoned a potentially great PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Cameron poisoned a potentially great PM
    Hm perhaps, but the Lib Dems didn't help either. I find it ironic how people dislike them for "jumping into bed with the Tories", yet a lot of Lib Dem constituencies were lost to the Tories.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You're a Lib Dem supporter?! I thought you would be a Green or Labour voter

ReputationRep:
    Hm perhaps, but the Lib Dems didn't help either. I find it ironic how people dislike them for "jumping into bed with the Tories", yet a lot of Lib Dem constituencies were lost to the Tories.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You're a Lib Dem supporter?! I thought you would be a Green or Labour voter
    I am lib dem, generally. Probably would be green but I'm not comfortable with how anti-science they come across sometimes

ReputationRep:
    We need to go back to traditional conservative values- focus on the markets within reason but promote traditional family values such as marriage, getting on the property ladder, childbirth (2.5 kids etc), private education, respect and deference, sense of national pride and duty.....all this has been eroded by external forces and spineless parenting

ReputationRep:
    Labour supporter hesitantly but with a bit of optimism and hope voting Lib Dems

ReputationRep:
    I am a floating voter who would be unlikely to consider voting for either of the two main parties in normal circumstances. I might vote LibDem simply because I would like to see a coalition, or Green simply because I'm an environmentalist. There is no party that I truly identify with.

I would probably look carefully at the manifestos of all the parties before coming to a decision (though never BNP, Communist etc).

A party committed to retaining the Lords would score highly in my opinion.
    Political parties have never and will never appeal to everything a person wants you make your choice of party on your own criteria.

For instance now the referendum is done my main priority in infrastructure spending and building lots of houses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    We need to go back to traditional conservative values- focus on the markets within reason but promote traditional family values such as marriage, getting on the property ladder, childbirth (2.5 kids etc), private education, respect and deference, sense of national pride and duty.....all this has been eroded by external forces and spineless parenting
    I'd go along with much of that. I think a good family lifestyle should be much easier to achieve

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I'll force myself to still vote Labour despite having no confidence in them, although it's pointless voting as I live in safe Tory seat and hate the Tories.
    It's pointless voting even if you are in a marginal since the chances of it being won by a single vote are huge and even if it was there'd be a recount and there'd bound to be a few other votes 'found'.

And anyway that one seat probably wouldn't decide the election.

Frankly I'm amazed anyone ever bothers.

Just sayin.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.