Robot wars is BACK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TartanGibby)
    No Sgt Bash?
    Sadly not. I imagine they couldn't think of a way to update him to be as destructive as the others - his flamethrower and rear saw/claw were probably the least dangerous of the house robot arsenal (excluding Cassius Chrome's punch), and the competitors have improved a lot since then. Still, we could see him return for a later series, who knows?

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for this.

I preferred the old Matilda's tail though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Does anyone remember that BBC3 show with fictional creature cgi things that would fight each other? There was a lava one I recall but that's it Every 6 months or so I have vague memories of it and it bugs me.

Bamzooki was another show that was awesome I wasted many hours making creatures on there as a child, pretty impressive really considering it was 10 years ago.
    I do sir. It was called Fightbox.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I679JdjyhKk

It hasn't aged well but it was enjoyable.
    The first comment says it all really-
    " Jut imagine how many poor b****** British kids (Who are now adults) are trying to remember the name of this show.... damn... so glad I found it. "

Anyone remember the Robot Olympics show on around the same time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelpusPleasus)
    Techno Games. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I do sir. It was called Fightbox.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I679JdjyhKk

It hasn't aged well but it was enjoyable.
    The first comment says it all really-
    " Jut imagine how many poor b****** British kids (Who are now adults) are trying to remember the name of this show.... damn... so glad I found it. "

Thanks a lot! Wow it really did NOT age well but I can die in peace now knowing the name Not how I remember it at all :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeessssssshhhhh!!! So much love. Been watching the old shows on Challenge recently.

Shame Chaos 2 won't be back, would love to see Razor, Hypno Disc and Wheelie Big Cheese back :coma:

ReputationRep:
    X
    Not entirely related, I just wanted to throw some nostalgia back at you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Yeessssssshhhhh!!! So much love. Been watching the old shows on Challenge recently.

Shame Chaos 2 won't be back, would love to see Razor, Hypno Disc and Wheelie Big Cheese back :coma:
    Razer is back for the upcoming series, and the Hypno Disc team have expressed interest in entering future series. I've not heard anything regarding team Big Cheese, except that they're not in this series either. :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Razer is back for the upcoming series, and the Hypno Disc team have expressed interest in entering future series. I've not heard anything regarding team Big Cheese, except that they're not in this series either. :no:
    I would expect Razor and Hypno disc to have some big improvements in technology if not design since the last ones. Hopefully Matilda will truly shred other bots apart.
    Shame about Big Cheese, some of their flips were huge.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    I would expect Razor and Hypno disc to have some big improvements in technology if not design since the last ones. Hopefully Matilda will truly shred other bots apart.
    Shame about Big Cheese, some of their flips were huge.!
    Razer is apparently exactly the same design-wise, but with modern internals and better armour. Hypnodisc will need a lot more work to stand a chance against today's armour, though!

If you like powerful flippers, TV newcomers Eruption could be one to watch. They've been impressive in the live shows over the years. :yes: They're the one with the two red lights in this vid.

ReputationRep:
    Just remembered that Robot Wars actually made a visit to our local sports centre!
    There were 10 or so robots and it was good fun! Like a mini competition! Awesome!

Also who remembers this bad boy!?
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  493.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Robot wars is my ****ing childhood man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    I remember watching it when I was a kid.

Very disappointed that Craig Charles is not presenting it this time.
    Craig Charles & Jonathan Pearce.

Sunday tv: Football Italia, Robot Wars, The Simpsons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Craig Charles & Jonathan Pearce.

Sunday tv: Football Italia, Robot Wars, The Simpsons
    Fresh prince was on as well iirc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Not entirely related, I just wanted to throw some nostalgia back at you

I don't remember this, I wasn't much of a gamer then.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    WAS LITERALLY THE BEST THING EVER WHEN I WAS YOUNGER :woo:

I had like 20 toy ones too :daydreaming:

Tell ya what tho, if Jonathon Pearce isn't commentating it I'm gonna be very disappointed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Tell ya what tho, if Jonathon Pearce isn't commentating it I'm gonna be very disappointed...
    He is. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    He is. :yes:
    :ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee:

MY CHILDHOOD LIVES

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Fresh prince was on as well iirc
    Wasn't fresh prince always on with my wife and kids and top cat on Tuesday afternoons

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.