Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At least 2 police officers have been shot during a BLM protest. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul3015)
    Black people are marked for death.

I’m for fighting and resistance but it has to be done in the right way.Imagine for a moment in the city of Houston that black people just burst the tyres of non black people woke up the next day needing millions of tyres ?

Imagine if every non-black person in the city of New York, when they woke up, their doors could not open because it’s glued shut ?

So you had MILLIONS white people needing new doors and late for work

Imagine if every supermarket in every major city electric was cut off night ? And all the supermarket owners came to the store the next day and saw that all of their poultry, beef, milk and fish destroyed ?

Imagine if black people poured sugar and salt down every public transport vehicle in LA, Chicago, Detroit ?Do you know what would happen if public transportation did not work in those cities ?

Do you know what would happen if all the black men of New York would occupy the Golden Gate bridge ?Go to the bridge at the lowest point in traffic, no cars can make it on there, not even a police van, same thing with Brooklyn bridge ?

Black people HAVE TO sabotage the QUALITY of white America and that THEY KNOW that is black people doing it.We can win this war with bombs and gunsAre these minor inconveniences ? Sure.But trust me, 30 intense days of this type of sabotage (And many other I could mention) the American way of life will make them sit up and take notice

Does this mean that some blacks will go to Jail ? Of course
    Does that mean blacks will be beat to the point of death ? Of course

Some of blacks will DIE

You can’t have the rain without the thunder

It’s because of this sabotage is why the Mayor of Ferguson and Batimore of last year had a more soft tone (Not because he wanted to) he had more soft tone, because he was told by the businesses “Look, we have lost a lot money and we don’t like these blacks as much as you do, but stop beaten on them otherwise that’ll rile them up”

What they did was sabotage the economic order in Ferguson to. Gas station can’t open up. Supermarket can’t open.

They can get people out of office with this momentum, and I hope they don’t stop just because they named this officer, or if this goes to trial or even if he is found guilty,

It needs to be demands“We will stop if we get X, Y, Z”Otherwise go back to sabotage again, and again and again and again and againThe revolt is not just about one black person, 100’s more will be lost, it’s not just about the loss of life, look at the quality of black lives ?

It’s BIGGER THAN THAT

Black people have to start travelling in groups. Whites have just reverted to an overt war

MORE examples of black defiance is needed to rally everyone else

Courage has an addictive quality.

Your a real piece of work. Are trying to get a lot of blacks killed? And by the way, the Golden Gate Bridge is in San Francisco, not New York.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assan)
    I don't think that every instance presented by BLM is necessarily police brutality. But some are. And BLM are not the only people saying this; scientists, researchers, academics, lawyers, and people in contact with the criminal justice system do confirm that racism is real, prevalent, and systemic. You absolutely have to accept that racial injustice is real, violent, and prevalent, police corruption and violence is real, violent, and prevalent before we can continue, or there is really nothing to say.
    You absolutely have to except That, according to every breakdown I've seen, from F.B.I. stats to the black economist from Harvard whose name escapes me, cops are much more likely to shoot a white guy, being only 14% of the pop. blacks commit 70% of the violent crime and are actually under represented when it comes to police involved shootings which would suggest that cops cut blacks more slack when they come into contact with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Black people are only doing this because of the rampant racism in the USA police force, it's disgusting how people in the USA treat black's as subhuman and don't think twice about putting 5 bullets into them as in the case of Philando Castile, did you watch the video? The officer clearly didn't give a **** he'd just killed someone practically. I'm not black but I can understand why the black community in America is so pissed off.
    You are so wrong. For every black that is mistreated by the police, there are dozens of whites who receive the same EXACT treatment. I've received some rough treatment by police but you've got to remember the scumbags they have to deal with on a daily basis.
    But go ahead and swallow the B.S. hook, line, and sinker. Keep telling the blacks that they are victims and there's no need to change their behavior. You're doing them a disservice and only making things worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Where even to start?

Let's start with schools in the USA, how even from pre-school black children are singled out and treated differently to white children. According to government statistics Black pre-schoolers are far more likely to be suspended than white pre-schoolers despite only making up 18% of the pre-schooler population

Sources:

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswit...o-be-suspended

http://ocrdata.ed.gov/Downloads/CRDC...e-Snapshot.pdf

By the same statistics once you get to primary through to secondary education black children are three times more likely to be suspended than white children

Black teenagers who find themselves in trouble with the law are 18x more likely to be sentenced as adults as opposed to white children and make up nearly 60% of children in prison

Source:http://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/rel...p-a0035663.pdf

Assuming that a black child avoids getting in trouble with the law and goes on to be as academically successful as his white peers, everything should be good and hunky-dory, right? WRONG!

Black college graduates are twice as likely as whites to struggle to find a job after graduation, hence the increased unemployment figures even for educated blacks in comparison to whites.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5358983.html

http://cepr.net/documents/black-coll-grads-2014-05.pdf

Even candidates with 'black sounding' names are discriminated against in the job market. People with black sounding names had to send out twice as many job applications just to even get a call back than those with white sounding names according to this study: http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

If you still aren't convinced by this point, there is more...

Black people are three times as likely to get stopped and searched by police at traffic than white people despite on average white people having more illegal items

http://www.reformer.com/reformereditorials/ci_19992621

A black person killing a white person is 2x as likely to receive a death sentence than if the situation was reversed

Whites and blacks make up about half of murder victims yearly but 77% of those executed killed a white person as opposed to only about 13% executed killed a black person

http://sentencingproject.org/wp-cont...port-ICCPR.pdf

There's also the fact that black people tend to be given sentences 20% longer than white people for the same crime and black people are 38% more likely to be sentences to death than a white person for the same crime

I hope that is enough statistics for you
    Most of these statistics are true but not because of racism, which, if you've lived here for more than, say a year, you would be hard pressed to find overt examples of especially in the Educational system where Blacks have received preferential treatment for years, but their true because Blacks are more violent. Is that a racist statement? Is the Truth a defense against the charge of racism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldercon1953)
    Most of these statistics are true but not because of racism, which, if you've lived here for more than, say a year, you would be hard pressed to find overt examples of especially in the Educational system where Blacks have received preferential treatment for years, but their true because Blacks are more violent. Is that a racist statement? Is the Truth a defense against the charge of racism?
    No, narrative over facts you racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldercon1953)
    You are so wrong. For every black that is mistreated by the police, there are dozens of whites who receive the same EXACT treatment. I've received some rough treatment by police but you've got to remember the scumbags they have to deal with on a daily basis.
    But go ahead and swallow the B.S. hook, line, and sinker. Keep telling the blacks that they are victims and there's no need to change their behavior. You're doing them a disservice and only making things worse.
    This, I don't deny. However what is the proportion according to each's ethnic population? I work with stats everyday and they give fantastic insight and a strong starting point to analysis but they should not be solely used. Peoples feelings have to be considered. The fact that thousands of Blacks in the US share this sentiment of "racial discrimination" in the police force leads me to think that are profound problems in society and they may well be some truth. Whether this racial discrimination is only perceived, exaggerated or indeed reality. These feelings can not be ignored.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was going to turn into a US "race war" but one of the officers killed was black. So it seems all law enforcement are at risk. Revenge is not the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    What if a black person opposes Black Lives Matter?
    Internalized racism innit. Get with the programme bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zelex)
    This, I don't deny. However what is the proportion according to each's ethnic population? I work with stats everyday and they give fantastic insight and a strong starting point to analysis but they should not be solely used. Peoples feelings have to be considered. The fact that thousands of Blacks in the US share this sentiment of "racial discrimination" in the police force leads me to think that are profound problems in society and they may well be some truth. Whether this racial discrimination is only perceived, exaggerated or indeed reality. These feelings can not be ignored.
    If you work with stats then you'll have no problem understand ing the significance of Black men representing 6% of the population yet they commit 50% of the homicides.
    They are massively overrepresented in all none white collar crime including gun crimes and this leads them into confrontation with police disproportionately to others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    If you work with stats then you'll have no problem understand ing the significance of Black men representing 6% of the population yet they commit 50% of the homicides.
    They are massively overrepresented in all none white collar crime including gun crimes and this leads them into confrontation with police disproportionately to others.
    If that is correct, then fair enough but there is a lot such figures do not tell you (how are they reported, is there a certain region in the U.S where black crimes are more prevalent, of course diasaggregating such data gets quite messy. Regardless, the entire point I was making in my previous post was that these figures should be used as a starting point for analysis. They do not tell us why Blacks feel victimised, not a few but seemingly the vast majority. This is not just a new phenomenon, even in movies, TV series we see the police force potrayed as "racist". Could this be exaggerated which has contributed to these feelings of victimisation? for example. It's far too simplistic to base these issues solely on statistics.

ReputationRep:
    The media is pushing a race confrontation, why I don't know. The very fact that practically every time a black guy is killed by the police it makes nationwide news yet when a white guy is killed you wouldn't know it. If you get all your information from the mainstream media you certainly wouldn't know this. Why do you think that you, who have watched reports in the news about yet another black man killed by the police, have never seen this 6% to 50% stat?
    There may well be racism in the way policing is being carried out but handling it the way the media are means only ordinary none criminal black people will suffer . If you were a cop in America now and you received a call about a black guy violently abusing somebody in the street, would you rush to get there and deal with him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    The media is pushing a race confrontation, why I don't know. The very fact that practically every time a black guy is killed by the police it makes nationwide news yet when a white guy is killed you wouldn't know it. If you get all your information from the mainstream media you certainly wouldn't know this. Why do you think that you, who have watched reports in the news about yet another black man killed by the police, have never seen this 6% to 50% stat?
    There may well be racism in the way policing is being carried out but handling it the way the media are means only ordinary none criminal black people will suffer . If you were a cop in America now and you received a call about a black guy violently abusing somebody in the street, would you rush to get there and deal with him?
    It's only on Fox news is where I have heard something similar to that 6% to 50% stat. Personally I share some of your sentiment. I do thin rather than race problem this is more to do with police brutality in the U.S. Yes, there will be racists (minority) within the police force but I refuse to believe the average police officer wakes up in the morning with thinking "lets go take out some Black folks today".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.