What would you do with £100,000? Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Buy a house.

ReputationRep:
    I would troll the fu*k out of pound land...

ReputationRep:
    I'd get an LanEvo 6 TME. Nice to see someone interested in the JDM culture!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Buy a newer car
    go on holiday
    buy a classic mini
    go on holiday
    save the rest towards a house
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I would...

Use £5,000 to pay for my wedding.
    and I have a right to buy scheme on my flat so at the end of next year I can buy it so i would put £45,000 towards a mortgage or buy my nans house because it is amazing.

Put £50,000 in to a savings account for my future

ReputationRep:
    Spend it

ReputationRep:
    Use half of it to put a deposit down on a house, then rent it out and move to Bali.

ReputationRep:
    Have a penis enlargement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Range Rover
    Range Rover
    Range Rover

Yes, I suppose I am materialistic. But I'd never put material possessions above my friends/family and helping others.

My grandparents are renewing their vowels, so I'd also send them away to Rome
    Renewing their VOWELS!!!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Renewing their VOWELS!!!!?
    Hahahaha Vows*

ReputationRep:
    spend it all in harrods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Have a penis enlargement
    Got mine for free during puberty

ReputationRep:
    Who else was hoping this would be a £100,000 giveaway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickles)
    It's a hard one, but first thing's first I'd go on holiday..
    Then a house deposit comes close second...
    Probably buy a dog (golden retriever)
    Finally, buy a car...

*Out of money*

What would you do with £100,000?
    Probably go on holiday for a few weeks
    Then ring fence about half of it to pay for medicine course
    Quarter of that can go into investment
    The last quarter put in a high interest ISA to go towards me finally getting a house one day

ReputationRep:
    Invest it into education, social work, learning new languages, traveling, alot of things I can count on

ReputationRep:
    I'd pay off my brothers and I's student loans (45k gone), keep 15-20k to spend on guitars when the time was right, the rest would go into a high interest account to keep as a house deposit. The guitars won't lose much of their value and I'll be debt free with a 45k house deposit (already have 10k saved).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Petrol Head)
    Invest it into education, social work, learning new languages, traveling, alot of things I can count on
    I understand doing a holiday but honestly you can learn languages from your bed if you have an internet connection, lack of money isn't what's stopping you. It's a lovely idea and I would love to do the same though!

Unfortunately 100k is not remotely enough to be the amount you'd need to have it as a nest egg and spend a large enough chunk of your life living in different countries (the only method of language learning which requires significant financial input) for long enough to learn the language. Considering the impact it would have on your life to take that much time out so young... To those who will say it only takes 6 months of full immersion to learn a language I challenge you to find me one person who doesn't have a gift for languages who spent under a year in a country and can actually fluently speak a language.

Like I said I'd love to do it myself but you couldn't justify taking that much time out of your life to travel and learning multiple languages etc. Investing in education is a very romantic idea but education for education's sake doth butter no parsnips

ReputationRep:
    Keep about £15k for my own pleasure, invest about £25k into an starting a business or developing a mobile app, and deposit the remaining £60k into a savings account/put down a deposit for a house or flat.

Although to be honest, I'd probably keep a bit more than £15k for my own pleasure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickles)
    It's a hard one, but first thing's first I'd go on holiday..
    Then a house deposit comes close second...
    Probably buy a dog (golden retriever)
    Finally, buy a car...

*Out of money*

What would you do with £100,000?

Since I am only 15, I'd say a second-hand lambo, rest on travelling/investments (not shares mind)

ReputationRep:
    Uni sorority in America

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.