Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did you go to prom? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, I hate this kind of things

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go to prom because:

1) I hated school as I was picked on/bullied by a bunch of *****es all the time
    2) I did not care for my appearance and never wore makeup, nor did I wear dresses
    3) Back then, I was a very anxious person and didn't even know how to tell my mum about prom/ask about going because it just totally wasn't my thing anyway

I'm glad I didn't go because my school life was abysmal, though it was kinda awkward that even my younger cousins had gone to see it whilst I stayed at home in the bath, lmao.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Yh I know and Yh she is just a little beach cause we never spoke yet as soon as I started to get off with him she starts texting me and was basically encouraging me to get with him... And then when she knew it wasn't working she just decided to pounce. I kinda thought they might get together cause people were speculating but I figured they were just friends and she even asked me one English lesson about how I'd rate him out of 10 and then she was like oh I don't think he's that attractive like lying lying lying bloody ridiculous and so Yh I didn't want to see him again or her for that matter would've just been awkward and they would've been even more intimate cause they're a proper couple now :/ it's not just them as well there's so many people who I've had arguments with over the years or who have ****ed me over in one way or another so I just wanna never see them again and not pay to spend the night pretending to be their mates ....
    these people u know are so sly lol omg. yeah honestly since year 8 when i joined the school im at now, so many people have been such beaches, some people are noice but thats just on the surface, and that alone would sustain a small talk on prom. i'll probably be saying ''oh you look nice'' and the conversation ends there. most of my friends are off on holiday with their family anyways so it's pointless to go. i cant believe people spend hundreds for 3 boring hours at prom. if u want to dress up, dress to impress on non school uniform day :Rofl: i hope you'll find that speshall someone so you can stick it in their faces

ReputationRep:
    Yes; my secondary school was *****y.
    I didn't go to my sixth form one but I glad I didn't because I heard that was *****y too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    these people u know are so sly lol omg. yeah honestly since year 8 when i joined the school im at now, so many people have been such beaches, some people are noice but thats just on the surface, and that alone would sustain a small talk on prom. i'll probably be saying ''oh you look nice'' and the conversation ends there. most of my friends are off on holiday with their family anyways so it's pointless to go. i cant believe people spend hundreds for 3 boring hours at prom. if u want to dress up, dress to impress on non school uniform day :Rofl: i hope you'll find that speshall someone so you can stick it in their faces
    Haha yeh I can't wait for the day when I can actually change my relationship status on Facebook and post pics with my boyfriend like everyone else seems to be doing these days.... And Yh it is such a waste of money for a dress for the girls which you're only wearing for like 4 hours lol and I'd probably leave early anyways .... I went to my year 11 one but didn't bother getting a dress and just wore a skirt lol and I looked like an idiot hahaha - never again !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)

2) I did not care for my appearance and never wore makeup, nor did I wear dresses
    3) Back then, I was a very anxious person and didn't even know how to tell my mum about prom/ask about going because it just totally wasn't my thing anyway

I'm glad I didn't go because my school life was abysmal, though it was kinda awkward that even my younger cousins had gone to see it whilst I stayed at home in the bath, lmao.
    In the bath lol - that made me laugh that small detail haha
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by sh9)

aww its ok, i dont think youre missing out much anyways. baths are much more relaxing than prom

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did and it was amazing. So much fun. im guessing the people who didn't go didn't have friends or their friends weren't going either because you could just have chilled with them for the night!

At my prom there was a photo booth to take loads of pictures and group pictures and funny picture of people y7-11 on a photo board that you could take pictures off when you were done.

Has a DJ and lots of dancing. Awards ceremony and a 3 course meal. I would definitely do it again
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Haha yeh I can't wait for the day when I can actually change my relationship status on Facebook and post pics with my boyfriend like everyone else seems to be doing these days.... And Yh it is such a waste of money for a dress for the girls which you're only wearing for like 4 hours lol and I'd probably leave early anyways .... I went to my year 11 one but didn't bother getting a dress and just wore a skirt lol and I looked like an idiot hahaha - never again !
    dont worry, theres a girl on one of the photo i saw who wore jeans and a blouse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    dont worry, theres a girl on one of the photo i saw who wore jeans and a blouse.
    Girl wore trousers and a blazer in mine- she looked great and was on prom commitee . Were there a lot of people that didn't go to prom?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I went to London on that day

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go to my Year 11 prom. I didn't go to my Year 13 prom.
    No regrets

ReputationRep:
    My year group was unusually nice to each other so Prom was great and we on a boat trip down the Thames!
    Can understand others not wanting to go though

ReputationRep:
    Year 11 was much photos and talking and dancing. Sixth form prom I brought a date and we stayed over at the hotel where prom was held and it was very very different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I can relate my year 11 prom was just me sitting at a table and a few people awkwardly dancing at the front . We didnt get any food and the only drinks available were the 35 p energy ones you get from the corner shop... It was actually awful .
    I think I'd have preferred that, actually! At both my yr11 and yr13 proms, no one sat around and talked which is what I would have liked to do. Literally everyone danced.

ReputationRep:
    Loved my yr11 prom - can't wait for the yr13 one :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.