Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    If everything fell into place for you in the future, when you're nearing retirement, what would you say would be your ideal job level/title and total income at that point?

What about net worth?
    I'd like my final job to be teaching, so probably around £30,000 :laugh:

But before that I would like to have a job in IB, consultancy or accountancy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I'd like my final job to be teaching, so probably around £30,000 :laugh:

But before that I would like to have a job in IB, consultancy or accountancy.
    Seems to be a trend with the whole city career --> teaching thing. Is that just to unwind after a career of long hours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seems to be a trend with the whole city career --> teaching thing. Is that just to unwind after a career of long hours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much. And perhaps the fact you should have enough money saved to have a decent lifestyle and (most likely) no mortgage to worry about.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol teaching is NOT a career you can unwind with. It is stressful af, almost as much as a city career

I just think it's a very rewarding career since you're shaping your students' futures and you are partly responsible for their success or failure. It would be a great feeling to make someone realise their potential and succeed in something, especially when they have a long future ahead of them. Some of my teachers have been really good at doing this and that kinda inspired me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Lol teaching is NOT a career you can unwind with. It is stressful af, almost as much as a city career

I just think it's a very rewarding career since you're shaping your students' futures and you are partly responsible for their success or failure. It would be a great feeling to make someone realise their potential and succeed in something, especially when they have a long future ahead of them. Some of my teachers have been really good at doing this and that kinda inspired me.
    Well.. It still is less stressful considering the stakes, hours and time off.

I guess there's the argument of being a role model for your pupils to aspire to!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If everything fell into place for you in the future, when you're nearing retirement, what would you say would be your ideal job level/title and total income at that point?

What about net worth?
    title- CEO of multiple companies
    income- £250,000 per year at least hopefully £500,000 or more
    net worth- £10,000,000 inclusive of assets

ReputationRep:
    Well.. It still is less stressful considering the stakes, hours and time off.

I guess there's the argument of being a role model for your pupils to aspire to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is less stressful in that way but teachers do have to deal with annoying students who won't learn which is pretty hard and tiring.

It is less stressful than finance but it is still more stressful than most jobs and not really an unwinding job like working at a corner shop or volunteering.

But yeah, being a role model and giving back to the community (if I manage to get a job at my high school) would be great

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to uni for either English Lang or linguistics (hopefully). Not too sure on what I wanna persue afterwards but I'm pretty interested in speach therapy so maybe a masters in that. According to google (lol) they start on around 21-28,000. After many years of working in the field I hope to be making at least 35,000 or more. Idk tho I could decide tomorrow that I wanna be a teacher or a trapeze artist or a marine biologist...

ReputationRep:
    It is less stressful in that way but teachers do have to deal with annoying students who won't learn which is pretty hard and tiring.

It is less stressful than finance but it is still more stressful than most jobs and not really an unwinding job like working at a corner shop or volunteering.

But yeah, being a role model and giving back to the community (if I manage to get a job at my high school) would be great
    Even doing something as simple as examsolutions would be great

ReputationRep:
    Cashier at smiths

ReputationRep:

What about net worth?
    an academic or research career at the university of Nottingham in organic and biological chemistry or green chemistry, with at least a salary of £25,000 in the first year and £40,000 after 5 years of doing it, then after another 5 years a salary of £60,000-£80,000 per year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Even doing something as simple as examsolutions would be great
    Yeah the examsolutions guy is brilliant... I would failed my mechanics without him covering the hard questions

ReputationRep:
    Baker. Bakers do not make that much money so any amount of money that pay bills and live nicely is the ideal income.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the examsolutions guy is brilliant... I would failed my mechanics without him covering the hard questions
    Same! I'm so grateful for the videos I watched in the morning. Pretty much the style of questions I watched in the morning of the exam, came up in the exam!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sherlockfan)
    Cashier at smiths
    Not sure if srs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, I can reach a high position in a space exploration company e.g. SpaceX, NASA etc.

And I hope that would be over $100,000 a year eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if srs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    totally srs. you can get free pens and colouring books.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't know

ReputationRep:
    Whatever will make me happy and give me enough money to a) survive b) have a few leisure activities c) not be homeless lol
    I would love to be an academic but that can't happen. I might like to be a writer but that can't happen. I've thought about teaching/tutoring but I know I wouldn't really like it or be adept at it; too much social awkwardness. So I guess the best option is to just fade out of existence when I've finished uni.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I still don't know
    Ahahahaha, you don't have to know yet. Have you thought about doing work experience/shadowing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.