Turn on thread page Beta

Should the UK follow the US's blocking of muslims entering? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Next time someone tries to deny that hatred of Muslims is rampant on this forum, they would do well to look at this thread and several others like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrangeRange)
    I predict 14 million muslims and one in ten are radical and we cant have armies of radical west hating muslims in our country, I do not trust them or fund them If i walk into a local shop and it is an asian owner i walk back out without buying anything I suggest everyone does the same to force them out of business and bankrupt them
    Seriously, can we have a referendum to get rid of you?

oh it has many former churches and Pubs are now mosques so they can worship there false prophets.
    Are you aware many of the Islamic Prophets are in The Bible?

ReputationRep:
    You isolate and oppress them, isn't that what we've been doing to the Middle East since the 80's which has led to this spark in terrorism? I just find it ridiculous that people don't see the politics behind this Islamic extremism, have you bothered to look up the history of Iraq & Syria, of al-Qaeda, the taliban, etc.? It's all linked with our government (US & UK) and is so much more than just brainwashed lunatics, the upper ranks in these terrorist organisations have greater political agendas than spreading their vision of Islam. These people are out of touch with Muslims, their view of the world is different and to oppress those with a decent view of the world will lead to increased anger and isolation only this time at home, not all the way across the globe.

ReputationRep:
    Until the Islamic terrorism stops then yes, we should prevent more of them from entering the country. No, I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I think that putting your own people at risk simply to appease some outlanders is absurd and is a violation of a government's responsibility to protect it's own people. It may upset a lot of people, but people dying is far worse than people getting offended and it's about time we woke up to that fact.

Before anyone asks, no I don't think all Muslims should be deported. Terrorists should, but those who aren't terrorists or terrorist sympathizers are just normal people and deserve the same treatment as everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    No. How absurd.

ReputationRep:
    No because I wan't my curries made by people who can actually cook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    You don't get it.

Let me put it into simple talk, TRUMP CANNOT BAN MUSLIMS FROM ENTERING THE US AS IT IS AGAINST THE FIRST AMENDMENT. That is it. No matter how much your muslim-hating ideology fights it, that is a fact.
    Trump is just playing populist politics tapping into the distrust that islamists are creating with their doctrine of muslims globally - not just in the west. He is tapping into a quite obvious concern amoung the entire non islamic world, that muslims are easily indoctrinated and used as the guinea pigs by well funded and widespread network of islamic terrorist groups. . there is no doubt that muslims have come under suspicion - not only those that have committed attrociities, but those whoose minds are easily indoctrinated- often under-educated and little to live for. then thers those that ,though not involved directly with terrorism, feel sympathes toward various terrorist groups, simply becuase they are islamic in doctrinal nature.- this includes uk pakistanis supporting islamists groups in kashmir, nigerian muslims supporting boko haram, and muslims of all groups being attracted to the violent life of IS.

The problem with encouraging the trump and ukip types stirring up discontent toward one group, is that ineveitabley they move on to other unrelated groups

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuWill2001)
    This is actually the most idiotic thing I have heard. Migrants are the people who make our public services work! Without them we would be nothing! Also, please don't use migrants as a scapegoat. The shortage of housing is down to the government, not migrants.
    This is actually the most idiotic thing I have heard. Migrants are the people who make our public services work! Without them we would be nothing! Also, please don't use migrants as a scapegoat. The shortage of housing is down to the government, not migrants.
    dear oh dear no. We need self sufficiency yes we may import Nhs staff but that is where the government has failed with incentives to enroll people to get the skills necessary to work in health care importing staff has became to easy. The higher immigration the less funding per head for the NHS over the short term.Lets look at the police service there is barely any immigrants in the police, why non natives,asians and blacks are more likely to be criminals. lets look at housing, we are still very much in the EU until article 50 is triggered and thus still have freedom of movement so we do not know what net migration figures are going to be,so you can build more houses and it may still not be enough, The more migrants which come it makes a sharp increase demand for housing while the supply of housing is stagnant or not growing faat enough to keep up with immigration the nore demand the higher the price of housing will be, based on last years net migration we need to build an house every 4 minutes -Impossible. To go with that the higher the immigration is the lower wage demands are, Immigrants will work for the NMW or below Primark in 2010 had a sweatshop in Manchester where eastern Europeans was working for about 3 quid an hour. even Phillip Greeen head of remain campaign admitted to this. But people who are socially left wing bury there heads under the sand to these facts. I kbow this may be heavy on EU immigration but the same applies to Asia we have mass immigration of over 150,000 a year from Asia

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, can we have a referendum to get rid of you?

Are you aware many of the Islamic Prophets are in The Bible?
    mohammed is a false prophet im right to be concerned when the religion of terrorism has carried out 28000 terror attacks since 911

ReputationRep:
    We should do something for religious co-existence rather than blocking specific community to enter in your country because it can invites more threats. We need much more efforts to bring this change because terrorism all over the world is increasing and it is terrifying all of us equally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie Iqbal)
    We should do something for religious co-existence rather than blocking specific community to enter in your country because it can invites more threats. We need much more efforts to bring this change because terrorism all over the world is increasing and it is terrifying all of us equally
    What threats are those? I would be willing to bet many or the Iraqi and Syrian refugees are ISIS members on a recruitment and expansion project through europe, they ran with genuine refugees and I would bet Germany has a few hundred Isis members now they have settled in Germany they can come to the Uk no questions asked, blocking them access will reduce the chances of a terror attack in the UK it will also stop them radicaising andrecruting more members tue intelligence services can only dp so mich they have stopped 4 in the West Midlands simce Christmas-not published by the media on police advice as it would cause racial tension I believe in 0 or near 0 immigration

ReputationRep:
    What threats are those? I would be willing to bet many or the Iraqi and Syrian refugees are ISIS members on a recruitment and expansion project through europe, they ran with genuine refugees and I would bet Germany has a few hundred Isis members now they have settled in Germany they can come to the Uk no questions asked, blocking them access will reduce the chances of a terror attack in the UK it will also stop them radicaising andrecruting more members tue intelligence services can only dp so mich they have stopped 4 in the West Midlands simce Christmas-not published by the media on police advice as it would cause racial tension I believe in 0 or near 0 immigration
    Dear GrangeRange thank you for your comment.
    What I said was " not all muslims are terrorists" you can not tag people on the basis of their religion. Marginalizing a specific community can create hatred in Muslims against west and they can become more revengeful. What I think here is that we need some sensible initiatives to stop violence in society that can be negotiations, offering them better jobs or simply indulging them in activities relating to inter-faith harmony. Educating people is the best solution. I agree with you that they can become deadly for Europe and UK but we need to work on conflict transformation as conflict resolution is a short-term solution.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie Iqbal)
    Dear GrangeRange thank you for your comment.
    What I said was " not all muslims are terrorists" you can not tag people on the basis of their religion. Marginalizing a specific community can create hatred in Muslims against west and they can become more revengeful. What I think here is that we need some sensible initiatives to stop violence in society that can be negotiations, offering them better jobs or simply indulging them in activities relating to inter-faith harmony. Educating people is the best solution. I agree with you that they can become deadly for Europe and UK but we need to work on conflict transformation as conflict resolution is a short-term solution.
    Thank you
    England's ok because of equality

but america is full of doo gooders

ReputationRep:
    Why punish the whole group of people when a lot of them are innocent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    What is your evidence to suggest that multiculturalism and terrorism are related? Or is it just an irrational gut instinct like Trumps?
    Basic logic? If we had no multiculturalism, we would have no terrorist attacks from muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orton6)
    Basic logic? If we had no multiculturalism, we would have no terrorist attacks from muslims
    And what if not all terrorist attacks are done by Muslims?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing
    Do you ban all Americans from America too?

Am I really the only person in this planet that can see how victimising one section of society in the name of security simply feeds the resentment of those being victimised to the point that some will commit acts of terror?

The only way out of this is to offer the hand of friendship and attempt to make our societies slightly more equal.

ReputationRep:
    And what if not all terrorist attacks are done by Muslims?
    The worst terrorist attacks in Europe in the last year were by muslims.

The only way out of this is to offer the hand of friendship and attempt to make our societies slightly more equal.
    People like you are going to get us nowhere. The way out is to stop allowing people that we have absolutely no idea who they are from flooding in (such as refugees).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orton6)
    The worst terrorist attacks in Europe in the last year were by muslims.

People like you are going to get us nowhere. The way out is to stop allowing people that we have absolutely no idea who they are from flooding in (such as refugees).
    And the Muslim terrorists born and bred in the countries they bomb?

The more divided we become, the more we differentiate us from them, the more unjust we make the world, all of that will only make things worse. We can drop as many bombs on them, out of sight and out of mind but they only need one bloke and a truck to go right to the heart of our society and divide us.

ReputationRep:
    And the Muslim terrorists born and bred in the countries they bomb?The more divided we become, the more we differentiate us from them, the more unjust we make the world, all of that will only make things worse. We can drop as many bombs on them, out of sight and out of mind but they only need one bloke and a truck to go right to the heart of our society and divide us.
    except that islamists and their terrorist acts have existed long before any bombing and division in society occurred ?? Thats not taking into accounts islamist attrocities that occurred globally long before they reached our shores.its safe to say society is not divided over any other terrorism issue - other uk ethnic faiths are not involved and do not carry the same stigma that is derived from islamist ideologies. The real question then, is what are the muslim communtiies doing to rid once and for all the problems that islamic society have produced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    except that islamists and their terrorist acts have existed long before any bombing and division in society occurred ?? Thats not taking into accounts islamist attrocities that occurred globally long before they reached our shores.its safe to say society is not divided over any other terrorism issue - other uk ethnic faiths are not involved and do not carry the same stigma that is derived from islamist ideologies. The real question then, is what are the muslim communtiies doing to rid once and for all the problems that islamic society have produced
    Rather than shrug off responsibility onto one group or other I would go further and attempt to answer the question "Why do people feel the desire to cause terror?" What have we done to deserve it? We react to terror incidents but maybe acts of terror are a reaction in themselves?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.