The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016 [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by adampage29
You should find out within about a week after if you are successful they should phone you and if your not they email you.

Brill thanks, it was only a couple of days ago! Fingers crossed I get the job
Reply 41
Original post by jade.catherine
Contact them and ask as yes they have left it very late as most of us have already completed pre employment checks etc ready for September start.

when did they contact you? i got told back in April that i had the job and haven't been contacted since. i have emailed and just get no response.
Original post by moggyben
when did they contact you? i got told back in April that i had the job and haven't been contacted since. i have emailed and just get no response.

Same boat apart from I got told they require some documents in July. No further forward with pre employment checks.
Reply 43
Still not heard anything if I have been successful or not, have tired sending an email, but no response - does anyone have a number to call?
Reply 44
Original post by Scott-12
Still not heard anything if I have been successful or not, have tired sending an email, but no response - does anyone have a number to call?

Give it till the end of week then I would give them a call. The HR team is 0800 181 4321
Reply 45
Original post by DanBrandon89
Same boat apart from I got told they require some documents in July. No further forward with pre employment checks.

I got a call the other day to ask about certificates because they didnt photocopy them but i didnt get told about anything else. Still no information on training or contract
Got another phone call from BT today, got my start date and got told I'll be spending my first week up in Doncaster (I'm London based) anyone else doing a BTFS apprenticeship on here?
Anyone going to the training week in Stafford, Yarnfield training center? Give me a message if you are then maybe we can meet up when travelling :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by ALittleLost25
I've been invited to an assessment centre in Birmingham as a vehicle technician. I only really applied to see if i'd get through, but the actual benefits of the apprenticeship aren't that great. A salary of only 14k, with 22 days holiday a year which will only increase after 18 years of employment seems quite stingy.

Once the apprenticeship ends, your job title is equal to that of someone who has just finished the graduate programme. Graduates start on roughly £30k annually -at the end of the graduate programme they're on roughly £35k annually. Apprentices will be on a similar salary at the end of their apprenticeship programme.

BT pay this much to young people as the average age of the company is pretty high, around 44 if I remember correctly. So they really want to bring that down, because it's not good for business etc. If there's anything BT isn't, it's stingy!

The above is true for the IT and business roles at least, maybe it is different for vehicle technician etc, not too sure...
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm based in Glasgow, after the AD I was told I was successful and that my start date would be the 10th October. However that was back in June with no contact or answered emails since. I have been offered another job but really did like the idea of a BT Engineer but they won't give me any answers to the questions I need answered before I make the final decision (but the other company have a clear pay scale and have been amazing answering my questions). I'm just wondering if anyone on here knows what qualifications would be gained as an apprentice engineer? How long you would need to spend away from home training? The days likely to be working each week? and What the pay scale would be over the years?
Original post by Mariamunkey
I'm based in Glasgow, after the AD I was told I was successful and that my start date would be the 10th October. However that was back in June with no contact or answered emails since. I have been offered another job but really did like the idea of a BT Engineer but they won't give me any answers to the questions I need answered before I make the final decision (but the other company have a clear pay scale and have been amazing answering my questions). I'm just wondering if anyone on here knows what qualifications would be gained as an apprentice engineer? How long you would need to spend away from home training? The days likely to be working each week? and What the pay scale would be over the years?

I don't know qualification or pay scale but what I do know is that you need to call HR - someone posted the number on here not too long ago and I would suggest calling them first thing Monday morning and getting answers aswell as making a formal complaint.
My son had the same issue, successful at interview after AD, got an offer of a position on higher apprenticeship starting sometime in Oct with Uni in the Jan, no contact via email off BT since interview middle of May, after making a call on Thursday (results day) he managed to get through to HR and they said somebody would come back to him from the apprenticeship team, rung again Thursday evening, managed to speak to same guy who logged the second call made by son, got an email late Friday requesting copy results, Hope to hear early next week with a firm contract and start date. Not very professional of BT though I do understand their very popular with their apprenticships but not very organised in processing the follow up paperwork. Keeping fingers crossed it all goes to plan and the original location is still available.
Hi I failed my assessment I need to get level 4 to be an accountant but I got level 3 , I was wondering if u could help me in some way cause I hve another assessment in five days time . I am sure u will get in to apprenticeship so don't stress a lot keep looking at ur emails .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I failed my assessment I need to get level 4 to be an accountant but I got level 3 , I was wondering if u could help me in some way cause I hve another assessment in five days time . I am sure u will get in to apprenticeship so don't stress a lot keep looking at ur emails .

How can I help?
Original post by 1967welsh

How can I help?

Why do you have two accounts? 1967welsh and welsh1967.
has anyone got a start date for the 19th of September ? or later ? for openreach apprenticeship and have received their contract.
(those who've applied for the london area)
Reply 56
I'm starting 19th September aswell. Got training in Hull for a week
Original post by Rb1997
I'm starting 19th September aswell. Got training in Hull for a week

Are they sending you away for the first week ?
Reply 58
Still not been called in for the assessment center - last correspondence was 25th July or something. They have me down for a Degree Apprenticeship - does that have a different start date or something? If everyone starts about the same time - September then im thinking that they are cutting it short.. or.. are they keeping me as a reserve now for next year if and when it starts again?!?!
I doubt phoning HR would help much. What do yous think?
You need to phone HR. What area did you apply for because some of them are closed now. Go check the website and if your area is closed then call them ASAP. If it's open just ring to clarify they are still holding more assessment centres.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending