Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do some men seem bitter and put older women down? Watch

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    It doesn't make me feel better at all. It saddens me that men and women have to go through such experiences; life is not ever going to be sugar and rainbows, but no one deserves to go through trauma.

My point was that women, particularly younger, have unrealistic standards when it comes to men. You ever been on a dating website? Literally profiles where women will design a checklist of what they do/do not want, some of which is very particular. Can't criticize them for having desires but to rule out people for something as silly as what hair color they have is beyond my comprehension. Men are just as bad, but I have yet to actually meet a man with pathetic standards; anyone I know just wants to meet a decent lass.
    I feel your pain Shardie . I really do feel for you because you're such a genuine guy and you have so much love to give. But I'll tell you something, ive discovered that having the right mix of dominance, charisma, intelligence and a tad bit of playful misogyny works wonders and overcomes certain barriers but only if you can convince them to be taken out. I know what you mean about these fantasisers though. Same exists in the Asian community, they want a guy who confident, a virgin, dominant and well built but will cook and do the house work and someone who will earn more than them and has to be good looking and must have "European features" and be of "fair complexion" <--- that always give a good chuckle and preferably either a doctor, lawyer or engineer. So no wonder so many women are unmarried and virgins into their late 20s and mid 30s at which point they realise noting it going to happen and get desperate and lower their standards hugely and settle for someone way down in the league where previously they've rejected so many good guys or "candidates" as their parents see it. Karma man. It works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No luv. That's life. You wouldn't go out with someone on benefits or someone who is in their 30s stacking shelves at ASDA. Don't lie to yourself.
    Don't tell me what I would or wouldn't do. If I loved them then they can work in McDonalds for all I care.

(Original post by Ella-keturah)
    Don't tell me what I would or wouldn't do. If I loved them then they can work in McDonalds for all I care.
    Lool okay then. If you say so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel your pain Shardie . I really do feel for you because you're such a genuine guy and you have so much love to give.
    Are you on drugs?

ReputationRep:
    why do women put younger men down?

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Are you on drugs?
    I'm serious! :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.