Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chittesh's Journey to 3 A*s at A-Level Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    I've changed, haven't I? . I just enjoy it so much now. I've developed a certain mentality that I just have to do Maths, no matter what. Everytime it's get harder, I get angry because I'm lazy. But, on the positive note, I spend more time on it because it takes longer and I get used to revising for long periods of time. I'm just ready to destroy it.

I don't think my GCSE results are good , if I would've revised they'd have been really amazing (I think). But, I don't like to make excuses and I'm not one of them who says all of this. I think about the future and aim to prove myself.

Yeah, I've realised lol some people try to let me down or some people are just blunt in their speech and don't realise what they're saying. Either way, I try to make sure their words don't affect me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You lose some, you win some. You're studying Maths & Further Maths and you've got the skills to do so. FM is fun, FP1 was probably the most interesting module I learnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechnoGuy)
    You lose some, you win some. You're studying Maths & Further Maths and you've got the skills to do so. FM is fun, FP1 was probably the most interesting module I learnt.
    True, that's why as I said I don't mind losing. I just want to get as close as possible to my goal if I lose. Anyway, yeah I'm currently studying FP1 as my first module lol without studying C2 but I don't think it's necessary. I'll learn both at the end of the day and use knowledge from both modules and apply them elsewhere. I just like FP1 because it's easy (well it become easy) :P.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Post 11 - 23/07/2016

Progess
    Finished most of the Review Exercise (up to Q 58)... which I'm now stuck on. I thought it'd be relatively long, but it was actually short - no questions on the review exercise were actually like the actual exercises for the topics - which took 20-30 minutes per question -_-.
    Tasks for tomorrow:
    Clear the **** in my house first of all - all the crap I've got in my room.
    Finish the Review Exercise and Exercise 4A, 4B and start 4C tomorrow.
    Reflection:
    Happy that I finished most questions and got less wrong today. Done about 2-3 hours of Maths today so I'm happy again! Even though I didn't go outside or nothing, no social life today and still did less work but I was happy overall.
    I just hope I haven't set myself too much work for tomorrow not sure what those exercises represent in terms of matrices, but I hope its easy stuff - even though I hate them so much!

ReputationRep:
    Post 12 - 24/07/2016

Progess
    Barely done anything - even though I did around 1 hour 30 minutes or 2 hours of Maths, I only managed to do 3-4 questions because I kept getting them wrong and they were so ****ing long...
    Reflection:
    Done decent work, went to cousin's birthday party - so good and happy! Everything went well . Need to finish this Review Exercise because it's taking years.

ReputationRep:
    Post 13 - 25/07/2016

Progess
    Literally done no Maths - probably around 1 hour max. Had the whole day and just wasted it playing 7 hours of games (need to stop wtf am i doing)...
    Other than the C1 paper that I did today... June 2016 and flopped it so badly :'(.
    Tasks for tomorrow:
    Finish Exercise 4C and 4D if possible. Seriously smash C1 again (Chapter 6 and 8)
    Reflection:
    Finished the Review Exercise except questions I skipped. I know, but these questions were seriously ****ed up lol - they just take too long and I just keep doing them wrong. Anyway, also finished Exercise 4A and 4B in around 10-15 mins so I was happy about that .
    In all honesty, I don't think the C1 June 2016 paper was that hard - I got 62/75 marks today (really ashamed of myself! ).Mostly because I've forgot C1 and I made so many silly mistakes. I reckon if I knew the topics I had forgot, I'd have got 70/75 which I'd be happy about - but not really. I got a question wrong worth 4 marks - 74/75 would've been fine - but I don't understand the question and I will ask my friend about it tomorrow .

ReputationRep:
    Post 14 - 26/07/2016

Progess
    Same old crap, never done no Maths - today just played a lot of games - don't even know how much lol. Probably as much as I revised in the last 4 days lol considering i revised like like 1 hour yesterday and 30 mins or so today.

Tasks for tomorrow:
    Learn matrices and finish Exercise 4E and 4F if possible..

Reflection:
    Finished Exercise 4C and 4D (lol I thought matrices were hard, well one question took me 20 minutes but meh...) They are getting harder now, but these exercises take like 10-15 minutes each so good!!! But, I need them to take longer and I need to stop playing games and start revising again wtf is wrong with me :'(

ReputationRep:
    Barely did any work today. Slacking so badly in terms of work ethic and effort. Anyways, going abroad from tomorrow for about 2 weeks. Hopefully, after I come back I'll be fresh and full of determination - clearly because, if I carry on like this - I won't be the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Post 15 - 21/08/2016

Yeah guys, so I came back from my holiday a while ago. It's probably been 2 weeks and I haven't done no revision - I literally came and started playing games around 6-8 hours a day (I literally went insane). The last 2 days have been two days of decent revision, lucky I started... soon enough ...

Yesterday, I finished C1 - before going on holiday, I started C1 again because I realised I had forgot some topics. But, I done the whole of C1 again (reading examples mainly and not doing questions) except for Chapters 6 - 8, mainly 6 and 8 because I forgot Sequences and Series and never done integration before except the first part or something.

Today, I completed two past papers from the start: June 2016 and June 2015.

I've heard they both were really difficult past papers and I got 73/75 and 71/75 in June 2016 and June 2015, respectively. I was a bit angry because in June 2016 (I made a silly mistake) so I could've got full raw marks but still, I got 100 UMS though wtf (thanks to whoever find the paper hard - joking i'm so selfish ffs).
    In June 2015, I felt it was my fault but the question might've been weird so I lost 2 marks for not really 'understanding the question' lol and I made a silly mistake at the end and also lost 2 marks. So, I was pissed at that - overall got 93 UMS. For this one, it was full marks = full UMS so yeah, I was more pissed at this paper.

However, overall - I know if I spent time checking answers I would've got 75/75 on both papers and full UMS so I'm not worried at all. In fact, I'm happy I'm destroying these papers which have apparently been the hardest papers so far.

From tomorrow, when I'm doing past papers - I'm going to check my answers and use the full 1 hour 30 minutes or whatever until I'm satsified. Today, I just finished the papers in 45 minutes and 40 minutes and then stopped and marked them - instead of checking answers or anything (I didn't even check if I missed out any question accidently) but luckily I never lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Post 15 - 21/08/2016

Yeah guys, so I came back from my holiday a while ago. It's probably been 2 weeks and I haven't done no revision - I literally came and started playing games around 6-8 hours a day (I literally went insane). The last 2 days have been two days of decent revision, lucky I started... soon enough ...

Yesterday, I finished C1 - before going on holiday, I started C1 again because I realised I had forgot some topics. But, I done the whole of C1 again (reading examples mainly and not doing questions) except for Chapters 6 - 8, mainly 6 and 8 because I forgot Sequences and Series and never done integration before except the first part or something.

I've heard they both were really difficult past papers and I got 73/75 and 71/75 in June 2016 and June 2015, respectively. I was a bit angry because in June 2016 (I made a silly mistake) so I could've got full raw marks but still, I got 100 UMS though wtf (thanks to whoever find the paper hard - joking i'm so selfish ffs).
    In June 2015, I felt it was my fault but the question might've been weird so I lost 2 marks for not really 'understanding the question' lol and I made a silly mistake at the end and also lost 2 marks. So, I was pissed at that - overall got 93 UMS. For this one, it was full marks = full UMS so yeah, I was more pissed at this paper.

However, overall - I know if I spent time checking answers I would've got 75/75 on both papers and full UMS so I'm not worried at all. In fact, I'm happy I'm destroying these papers which have apparently been the hardest papers so far.

From tomorrow, when I'm doing past papers - I'm going to check my answers and use the full 1 hour 30 minutes or whatever until I'm satsified. Today, I just finished the papers in 45 minutes and 40 minutes and then stopped and marked them - instead of checking answers or anything (I didn't even check if I missed out any question accidently) but luckily I never lmao.
    you said you did c1 june 2016 2 weeks ago so don't get too happy remembering methods for exact same questions. Don't play yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomeoSantos)
    you said you did c1 june 2016 2 weeks ago so don't get too happy remembering methods for exact same questions. Don't play yourself.
    I never looked at the mark scheme to try to search for methods on how to do questions or check where I went wrong. I just done it and that's it. If I had checked how to do the questions that I had got wrong, I'd have clearly remembered the methods and each answer and got 75/75. Also, I don't try remembering methods - I'm not an imbecile, else there is no point doing a past paper again.

ReputationRep:
    Post 15 - 21/08/2016

Out of curiosity, what games do you play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by postexamtalk)
    Out of curiosity, what games do you play?
    A lot of FIFA, that's just the main one lol.

ReputationRep:
    Post 17 - 23/08/2016

I've done 6 past papers so far for C1 and haven't got 75/75 or full raw marks on one of them yet. It's mainly because of silly mistakes, which are 'consistent with me' lol... I know for most of those papers, I could've got full raw marks which is a good thing. Except for one today, which I actually got stuck on a question and I couldn't do lol.

I'm going insane in terms of the flopping on dumb questions lol like wtf is wrong with me.

Anyway, here is a track of my raw marks / UMS scores on my 6 past papers so far (C1) no international C1R etc.:

June 2016 - 73/75 raw marks, FULL UMS (100)
    June 2015 - 71/75 raw marks, 93 UMS
    June 2014 - 74/75 raw marks, 98 UMS
    June 2013 - 72/75 raw marks, 95 UMS
    January 2013 - 71/75 raw marks, 96 UMS
    June 2012 - 73/75 raw marks, FULL UMS (100)

But, I am a bit generous when marking papers so maybe the examiners would take 2-3 marks off some papers for working out lol or inaccuracy for graphs :'(

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so here's an update on my grades after looking at the grade boundaries.
    • GCSE Maths (Completed - A*)
    • GCSE Further Maths (A*)
    • GCSE English Language (C)
    • GCSE English Literature (C)
    • GCSE Physics (A)
    • GCSE Chemistry (B)
    • GCSE Biology (A)
    • GCSE RE (C/B)
    • GCSE Computer Science (B)
    • GCSE Graphics (D/E)
    • GCSE Geography (C/B)
    Lowest: 2 A*s, 2 As, 2 Bs, 4 Cs and 1 E.
    Highest: 2 A*s, 2 As, 4 Bs, 2 Cs and 1 E.

Yeah, so those were my previously predicted grades. To be honest, I always wanted to predict Physics an A* but I knew I didn't get it after the exam and after the grade boundaries - I'm far far far from it!

But yeah, after the grade boundaries... the grades I think I'll get tomorrow are:

2 A*s, 2 As, 2 Bs, 4 Cs, 1 D. Literally what I predicted except the E which I thought would be a D idk why - just optimism lol................. not really ffs.

The highest I can get now would simply be the exact same but I feel I could get a B in English Lit instead of Geography - not because of the grade boundaries, but I just feel it. Even though, I missed out 1/4 of each English Literature paper, I still feel I can do it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so here's an update on my grades after looking at the grade boundaries.
    • GCSE Maths (Completed - A*)
    • GCSE Further Maths (A*)
    • GCSE English Language (C)
    • GCSE English Literature (C)
    • GCSE Physics (A)
    • GCSE Chemistry (B)
    • GCSE Biology (A)
    • GCSE RE (C/B)
    • GCSE Computer Science (B)
    • GCSE Graphics (D/E)
    • GCSE Geography (C/B)
    Lowest: 2 A*s, 2 As, 2 Bs, 4 Cs and 1 E.
    Highest: 2 A*s, 2 As, 4 Bs, 2 Cs and 1 E.

Yeah, so those were my previously predicted grades. To be honest, I always wanted to predict Physics an A* but I knew I didn't get it after the exam and after the grade boundaries - I'm far far far from it!

But yeah, after the grade boundaries... the grades I think I'll get tomorrow are:

2 A*s, 2 As, 2 Bs, 4 Cs, 1 D. Literally what I predicted except the E which I thought would be a D idk why - just optimism lol................. not really ffs.

The highest I can get now would simply be the exact same but I feel I could get a B in English Lit instead of Geography - not because of the grade boundaries, but I just feel it. Even though, I missed out 1/4 of each English Literature paper, I still feel I can do it.
    What did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    What did you get?
    Ok seriously I'm in shock. Somehow I got 1 A*^, 5 A*s, 3 As, 1 B and a D in Graphics lol.

ReputationRep:
    Update: I just realised how talented I may be or am . I had always underestimated myself and thought I would fail if I didn't revise, but even though for these GCSEs I barely did any revision - for some exams I didn't even revise, I came out with those grades. It's absolutely shocking and surprising but it's true! So, now I'm confident and fully motivated for A-levels.

My school has this unfortunate, stupid, blocks system for A-levels prohibiting me from taking my A-level choices:

Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics.

Instead, I might have to take Maths, Further Maths and Economics/Physics unless I can find an alternative or if my friend's plan is successful! SonicSam

ReputationRep:
    Instead, I might have to take Maths, Further Maths and Economics/Physics unless I can find an alternative or if my friend's plan is successful! SonicSam
    Could always self-teach yourself fmaths? I was considering it, but it would have been pointless for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    Could always self-teach yourself fmaths? I was considering it, but it would have been pointless for me...
    That's what I was hoping to do. I wish it was that easy though lol, most of the people I've heard, who have done it have always landed in trouble. Also, some universities don't take self-teaching into consideration a lot, if you get a low UMS they'll take other people who've got higher instead (with teaching).

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was hoping to do. I wish it was that easy though lol, most of the people I've heard, who have done it have always landed in trouble. Also, some universities don't take self-teaching into consideration a lot, if you get a low UMS they'll take other people who've got higher instead (with teaching).
    Is that true!?? I am teaching myself FM but currently lacking the motivation. I am gonna try and go all out when school starts but we'll see

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.