Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why brexiters aren't dumb >> NO EMERGENCY BUDGET Watch

ReputationRep:
    Brexit revisionism continued.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeroFree)
    Hammond has been Chancellor for, what, less than a day? It seems a little hasty for him to say that there shouldn't be an emergency budget.

Not sure what a lack of an emergency budget would prove though.
    Remainers lied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Why is it that IMF said UK would be worse off by 5.4% then later changing the word to your growth would be 5.4% lower in next 5 years due to leaving EU? Hm? Big difference from -5.4% of GPD to loosing 5.4% of growth for leaving.
    Where did they make that change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Where did they make that change?
    BBC News, they " reviewd " it as they say.

ReputationRep:
    BBC News, they " reviewd " it as they say.
    So do you have a link?

There isn't anything on the BBC about the IMF reviewing their numbers.

The IMF said that GDP in 2019 would be "5.6% below what it would otherwise have been" in the worst case scenario. That is all that has been written about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karosan)
    Maybe because he knows it is rubbish? Maybe he wants to actually restore confidence in the economy instead of panicking and scaremongering like you remainers always do.
    Maybe, but as I said he's had this job for a day. I suspect he hasn't actually done any work as Chancellor yet given that there will be some period of handing over the job from George.

Remainers lied.
    Who lied?

ReputationRep:
    So do you have a link?

There isn't anything on the BBC about the IMF reviewing their numbers.

The IMF said that GDP in 2019 would be "5.6% below what it would otherwise have been" in the worst case scenario. That is all that has been written about it.
    First they said -5.6% GPD then 5.6% lower. They twisting their words around so are the others, thats why brexiters don't listen to them 100%

(Original post by ZeroFree)
    Maybe, but as I said he's had this job for a day. I suspect he hasn't actually done any work as Chancellor yet given that there will be some period of handing over the job from George.

Who lied?
    Remainers lied more than Brexiters.
    Example: George Osborne

ReputationRep:
    First they said -5.6% GPD then 5.6% lower. They twisting their words around so are the others, thats why brexiters don't listen to them 100
    Well, they didn't.

That is why you can't find a link. The IMF always talked about it in the context of GDP.

Maybe, an incompetent journalist talked about 5.6% growth but not the IMF.

ReputationRep:
    Well, they didn't.

That is why you can't find a link. The IMF always talked about it in the context of GDP.

Maybe, an incompetent journalist talked about 5.6% growth but not the IMF.
    Go and read again.

ReputationRep:
    Go and read again.
    You probably need to read again since you can't even write English correctly.

It isn't my issue that you want to keep on lying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Science in universities is to be replaced by luncheon clubs for gifted pensioners.

The Channel Tunnel will be closed and an alternate Monday's (except Bank Holidays) paddle steamer from Bognor Regis provided.
    the licence fee will be abolished. instead there will be a single channel which will only show continuous loops of Only Fools and Horses and Lady Diana's Funeral *

ReputationRep:
    You probably need to read again since you can't even write English correctly.

It isn't my issue that you want to keep on lying.
    Go and read news. Then come back.

ReputationRep:
    Go and read news. Then come back.
    Stop lying. It doesn't exist except in your head.

ReputationRep:
    Stop lying. It doesn't exist except in your head.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ury-forecasts/ " falls by 5.4% "

ReputationRep:
    ROFL.

Wow.

"the worst option, the Treasury says, is that GDP falls by between 5.4 per cent and 9.5 percent"

1) That isn't the IMF. It is the Treasury

2) It talks about GDP, like I said before.

3) The IMF talked about 2019. The Treasury projection is 2030.

So wrong on multiple different levels as well as being deceitful.

ReputationRep:
    ROFL.

Wow.

"the worst option, the Treasury says, is that GDP falls by between 5.4 per cent and 9.5 percent"

1) That isn't the IMF. It is the Treasury

2) It talks about GDP, like I said before.

3) The IMF talked about 2019. The Treasury projection is 2030.

So wrong on multiple different levels as well as being deceitful.
    IMF back it, go and find it I tried for 5 minutes but only found this. Then they changed it to 5.4% lower GPD as worse after about 3 months (public knowing it was a lie) like 3 weeks before vote I think.

ReputationRep:
    IMF back it, go and find it I tried for 5 minutes but only found this. Then they changed it to 5.4% lower GPD as worse after about 3 months (public knowing it was a lie) like 3 weeks before vote I think.
    You are not going to find it because it doesn't exist.

Also, the article you found was in April. The IMF released their report 1 week before the election if I remember correctly.

SO, you don't even know what you are looking for and you are lying.

ReputationRep:
    You are not going to find it because it doesn't exist.

Also, the article you found was in April. The IMF released their report 1 week before the election if I remember correctly.

SO, you don't even know what you are looking for and you are lying.
    They did another one closer to the referendum.

ReputationRep:
    They did another one closer to the referendum.
    That is the one I have been talking about all this time. It said 5.6% GDP reduction in 2019.

The link you posted is about 2030.

Two different times. Two different organisations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman has stated the USA is now open to the idea of the UK joining TPP as one of numerous options on the table. Also the state of Indiana went out it's way to publish adverts stating, to them atleast, the UK will not be back of any queues.
    I think Cumbria has decided not to leave the EU after all because individual counties can now decide UK foreign policy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.