Turn on thread page Beta

in YOUR opinion, how hard would you say it is to get a first watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i have thought about it but i dont know what to do with it like what sort of business i wana do...if that makes sense?
    i have no talents, i cant make stuff and im not creative so im stuck for ideas
    http://startups.co.uk/10-steps-to-starting-a-business/

Everyone has a talent

ReputationRep:
    i literally have nothing i could make a business about

ReputationRep:
    i literally have nothing i could make a business about
    Then I don't know what else I can advise, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    Then I don't know what else I can advise, I'm afraid.
    im stuck :'(

ReputationRep:
    im stuck :'(
    If you cant get a first then you must be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Snack)
    not everyone gets firsts your know

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming for a first and I'm pretty close I think, 66% at the mo. With a few firsts so I know I will get it next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Snack)
    Getting a first won't help much. As long as you have at least a 2:1, it's what you do alongside your course that matters most

ReputationRep:
    Getting a first won't help much. As long as you have at least a 2:1, it's what you do alongside your course that matters most
    iv done volunteer work but it was before i did uni

(Original post by shortysaturdays)
    I'm aiming for a first and I'm pretty close I think, 66% at the mo. With a few firsts so I know I will get it next year
    so close!

ReputationRep:
    I certainly believe I can get one but my degree has one of the highest first rates in the country I believe. It is not easy, but the resources available are very good I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I certainly believe I can get one but my degree has one of the highest first rates in the country I believe. It is not easy, but the resources available are very good I think.
    whats ur degree in

ReputationRep:
    whats ur degree in
    Maths

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    ew

ReputationRep:
    iv done volunteer work but it was before i did uni

so close!
    thanks! just one module dragged me down where I got 58%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shortysaturdays)
    thanks! just one module dragged me down where I got 58%
    i nearly failed 2 modules but i passed luckily

ReputationRep:
    ew
    u wot

ReputationRep:
    nope.
    its management so quite a hard career to get experience in
    My degree was also management, and I completely disagree that it's difficult to get experience in. If anything I'd say its one of the most easy.

Chances are you're not going to walk into a management role, so you should seek to get experiences in different areas of business, e.g I did a supply chain internship, I volunteered doing things like delivering presentations and promoting organisations (marketing) which are all very transferable to areas of the management course.

In terms of experience actually leading people, you could take up a leadership role in some sort of society or voluntary organisation, e.g chairperson or president of a committee. Think a bit outside the box, it's very unlikely you're going to get experience shadowing a CEO or whatever, so you have to look to improve your skills which can be transferred over into a career.

ReputationRep:
    u wot
    maths

(Original post by hermitthefrog)
    My degree was also management, and I completely disagree that it's difficult to get experience in. If anything I'd say its one of the most easy.

Chances are you're not going to walk into a management role, so you should seek to get experiences in different areas of business, e.g I did a supply chain internship, I volunteered doing things like delivering presentations and promoting organisations (marketing) which are all very transferable to areas of the management course.

In terms of experience actually leading people, you could take up a leadership role in some sort of society or voluntary organisation, e.g chairperson or president of a committee. Think a bit outside the box, it's very unlikely you're going to get experience shadowing a CEO or whatever, so you have to look to improve your skills which can be transferred over into a career.
    you didnt read my earlier comments then, i have 3 kids and no childcare. feel free to think outside of the box with that one -.-

ReputationRep:
    maths

you didnt read my earlier comments then, i have 3 kids and no childcare. feel free to think outside of the box with that one -.-
    Ultimately he's right-you're not going to walk right into an upper management job. You're going to have to work your way up, even with a degree.

How old are you and your children if you don't mind me asking? If they're already at school, that'll give you more time to actually do things and get experience

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately he's right-you're not going to walk right into an upper management job. You're going to have to work your way up, even with a degree.

How old are you and your children if you don't mind me asking? If they're already at school, that'll give you more time to actually do things and get experience
    i fully appreciate that fact and i know i wont, i never said id walk straight into one.
    my plan always was to start from the bottom up but until then, experience would be good,. hence the thread.

well my 4 yr old starts full time school in september but i have a 10 month old. thats where the issue is, i cant afford childcare at present and have no one to watch him, therefor i cant get experience in ANY way

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.