Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims of TSR- Your thoughts and opinions are wanted Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Then what about the politics dictated by Mohammad's (pbuh) Islam? If a religion involves itself with politics and terrorism arises from that theocratic viewpoint doesn't that make the religion associated with the terrorism, especially if it's called for in the religious doctrine?Just to clarify, the oldest known version of Islam, the one recorded in the Qu'ran (aka the literal interpretation, we know it to be the original Islam by studying the religion's history and Mo's (pbuh) life), details the politics of the Mo's (pbuh) caliphate and instructs people to adopt this in all other countries through violence if necessary. That's the one I'm asking about, not the later, much more peaceful sects.
    Religion is somewhat associated with politics but not the deep and playful politics happening between the west and the Middle East. There's a lot of cheating, if we put it that way. And a lot of the west would gain from Isis and it wouldn't really affect them if Isis took Iraq and Syria. However, why is the light shining on the west for Isis... Don't you think it's because it's a ton wealthier than Asia. Idk, I'm just thinking about this critically. (Putting my view aside on Isis and how religious and well educated they are).Besides, since when did the prophet tell us to turn every other human into a Muslim. Terrorism is fulfilment for mentally ill or suffering person and in this case it slightly ties into religion but on what basis: The basis that a stupid preacher told a bunch of sheep that if they blow themselves up they'll be rewarded a bounty.

Please don't shout at me, I'm kind of lightweight with debates at 5am
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    I disagree. Are you denying that there is a strong correlation between Islam and terrorism?
    There's a correlation,
    But to fair to Islam we are supposed to make graphs showing the correlation between the decrease in oil and the increase in wars/attacks in the Middle East.
    Or maybe oil and terrorist attacks.
    Or maybe oil and a lot of things man. Political gain. This isn't the real Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    Only a minority of Germans were Nazis.
    That is a ridiculous comparison and you know it is, the Nazi's were a significant political force wielding immense power in the country that they were elected. Furthermore, I have yet to see muslims gassing westerners in gas chambers en masse. The muslim community of Europe does not have that much power. The vast majority of muslims are peaceful and non violent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Yeah but when someone's unstable mentally, they're unpredictable - and there's a lot of Muslims surrounding my area who seem as though they're slowly falling onto a path of misguidance and eventually might end up believing some uneducated preachers.

And then there's also the lot who won't tolerateislam.
    I could honestly say the same thing about a minority of the indigenous white male population following neo-nazism. In first year at uni one of my flatmates told me about a guy he knew of in Leeds tying up a jewish teenager and torturing them several hours straight. Don't act as if young white males are not violent too

ReputationRep:
    I feel terrible that such crazy people follow the same religion as me :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    I feel terrible that such crazy people follow the same religion as me :sad:
    It isn't your fault :console:

Christians have done terrible things in the past yet most people don't blame modern day christians for the actions of their predecessors so it shouldn't be any different for muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    It isn't your fault :console:

Christians have done terrible things in the past yet most people don't blame modern day christians for the actions of their predecessors so it shouldn't be any different for muslims
    Double Standards eh?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I need to point out that it's been stated that ISIS called for people to attack in the same way this 'person' did. So yes, it is completely safe to assume it is an islamic terror attack.

Also, islamophobia isn't there without a reason. Do I need to point out that almost all of the attacks happening currently (not decades, not centuries ago, right now) are being done under the name of islam? No, not all muslims are terrorists, but it's fair for people to be a little worried about the religion in the current state of affairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Double Standards eh?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks
    'Double standards' - do I need to point out the huge difference - that being that the crimes committed by christians happened a long while ago, whilst the attacks by muslims are happening now. No, we cannot blame everybody of the faith - of course not - but to say 'double standards' is foolish. It's not the same.

ReputationRep:

Because it's the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Because it's the past.
    So? Just because the people that did it are dead it doesn't make what they did any less horrific? Do you believe that the Holocaust is less significant because 'it's in the past' and Hitler is dead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    'Double standards' - do I need to point out the huge difference - that being that the crimes committed by christians happened a long while ago, whilst the attacks by muslims are happening now. No, we cannot blame everybody of the faith - of course not - but to say 'double standards' is foolish. It's not the same.
    I feel you would benefit from this

Name:  terrorist attacks by ideology.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  346.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    x
    The attacks have not yet reached UK soil. But to pretend Islam is not to blame for the attacks is foolish. ISIS called for the action he committed, and whilst it is Islam extremism, it is still Islam. We are not doing our societies any favours by ignoring what is the underlying cause behind these attacks. In the same way the Paris, Brussels, etc attacks were by muslims - in the same way muslims 'danced' in the streets of Belgium following the attacks.

We need to acknowledge to amend.

ReputationRep:
    The attacks have not yet reached UK soil. But to pretend Islam is not to blame for the attacks is foolish. ISIS called for the action he committed, and whilst it is Islam extremism, it is still Islam. We are not doing our societies any favours by ignoring what is the underlying cause behind these attacks. In the same way the Paris, Brussels, etc attacks were by muslims. We need to acknowledge to amend.
    I'm merely pointing out that in the UK at least, the vast majority of terrorism is not done by muslims or Islamic ideology. The Nice terror attacker had no known connections to any terrorist groups and a history of mental health problems following the divorce of his marriage which was a contributing factor to his actions. Blaming what happened in Nice on Islam is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    So? Just because the people that did it are dead it doesn't make what they did any less horrific? Do you believe that the Holocaust is less significant because 'it's in the past' and Hitler is dead?
    It means that it's not happening again now, so we have no reason to put the blame on the descendants of those who committed the atrocities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    Only a minority of Germans were Nazis.
    An awful lot more actively or passively supported it.

ReputationRep:
    I feel you would benefit from this

Name:  terrorist attacks by ideology.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  346.9 KB
    I'm sure the graph is true, but of course it would look very different if drawn from 6 July 2005 to now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm merely pointing out that in the UK at least, the vast majority of terrorism is not done by muslims or Islamic ideology. The Nice terror attacker had no known connections to any terrorist groups and a history of mental health problems following the divorce of his marriage which was a contributing factor to his actions. Blaming what happened in Nice on Islam is pointless.
    You cannot blame the attack of a man that is reported to have yelled 'Allah Akbar', that followed the call to action given by ISIS, was simply 'insane'. Yes, he was insane, but do not ignore the influence of radical islam. We cannot cover this up and expect it to go away - we need to positively prevent this from occurring again. Pretending Islam didn't have a role to play in the TERRORIST attack he committed is foolish and will not help us in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya

Deceiving non-believers.

ReputationRep:
    You cannot blame the attack of a man that is reported to have yelled 'Allah Akbar', that followed the call to action given by ISIS, was simply 'insane'. Yes, he was insane, but do not ignore the influence of radical islam. We cannot cover this up and expect it to go away - we need to positively prevent this from occurring again. Pretending Islam didn't have a role to play in the TERRORIST attack he committed is foolish and will not help us in the long run.
    Where is the evidence he yelled 'Allah Ackbar?'
    I want solid proof not conjecture and rumour

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.