The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    We only started the thread to make way for your posts - one must start with the roots before appreciating the beauty of the rose petals above the surface :console:
    That is so kind of you!! I feel more special now jzk. This actually made me laugh as it really relates to me....like REALLY! Flowers = me . I am sorry you are probs like wth she on about??

HAnwar Incredible97 Leukocyte

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    That is so kind of you!! I feel more special now jzk. This actually made me laugh as it really relates to me....like REALLY! Flowers = me . I am sorry you are probs like wth she on about??

You send tonnes of flower pictures on WhatsApp to these sisters, drooling at their beauty. I know about you. All about you. I know where you live.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm 3 pages late. I know it's already decided but I vote for Zamestaneh anyways.

ReputationRep:
    You send tonnes of flower pictures on WhatsApp to these sisters, drooling at their beauty. I know about you. All about you. I know where you live.
    :toofunny: WRONG!!!

No you don't...I am a mystery!

ReputationRep:
    Hydeman sorry for the burn! Time heals all wounds, insha'Allah.

Reformed what on earth have you been quoting that I can't even view ??

ReputationRep:
    x

Salamunalaykum,

I am just wondering if we could also have some shia resources in the OP, so the I-Soc is a little bit more representative. It is only fair, and just, to dedicate a fraction for this purpose.

Al-Mizan - An exegesis of the Noble Quiran: http://www.almizan.org/
    al-islam.org - A website with many books and resources.
    The Quran project (various translators along with tafseer of the Noble Quran):
    http://quran.al-islam.org/
    The Message - A seerah of Muhammed s.a.w: https://www.al-islam.org/the-message...-jafar-subhani
    Books by Ayatullah Mutahari (rh): https://www.al-islam.org/person/ayat...adha-mutahhari
    Imam Khomeini(rh) 40 ahadith: https://www.al-islam.org/forty-hadit...-imam-khomeini
    Great website with high quality papers on various issues, from Quran, Sunnah, etc http://www.messageofthaqalayn.com/

Youtube Channels for lecturers:

Ahlulbayt TV: https://www.youtube.com/user/ahlulbaytTV
    Sheikh Shomali/other lecturers: https://www.youtube.co/user/islamiccentre1998/playlists

Other great lecturers to watch out for on youtube: Hajj Hasnain Rajab Ali, Sheikh Usama Al Attr, Sayed Mustafa Qazwini, Sayed Hadi Qazwini, Sayed Ammar Nakhswani.

Biography of the Ahlulbayt asws:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...F1CC5925754002

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    In
    Thanks for the tag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)

Lol yeah I get you.
    I think the excitement of the new thread is getting to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Lol yeah I get you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    May Allah Bless him. Ameen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Wa'aleykum Assalaam

I understand your request, and you mean it in good faith, so may Allah reward your intention; however, as Muslims, you and I both know that we are obligated by Allah (SWT) to spread the Haq and advise against falsehood, to enjoin the halal forbid the haram - it is with this reason and under this obligation by Allah that I personally cannot grant this request, as to do so would grossly conflict with this principle from my perspective. Naturally this is not a favourable outcome for yourself (and Shia alike), and from your perspective you are only upholding the same principle that I am, thus I appreciate it will be disappointing that I cannot be more pluralistic and allocate the space in the OP, but respectfully I hope you will understand where I am coming from.

As much as I personally tend to disagree with Shi'ism, feel free to post here though, and InshaAllah there will be no cause for argumentation or conflict amongst Sunni and Shia; the controversial discussions can be transfered to other threads where they can be discussed sincerely and without sharp tongues against one another, with patience and respect.

Forgive me for my shortcomings, and may Allah guide us all.

ReputationRep:
    Totally forgot jummah is 2 rakats (since I haven't been in a while) so after the imam finished, I got up and prayed 4 rakats and I only clocked after :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah I get you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spill the deets - what is this flower thing :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    May Allah Bless him. Ameen
    Lol ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Totally forgot jummah is 2 rakats (since I haven't been in a while) so after the imam finished, I got up and prayed 4 rakats and I only clocked after :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Better than what I did at uni once - I accidentally went and prayed Dhuhr in an empty room some time before the Khutbah before I clocked, so I ended up praying again later in Jamaat :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Spill the deets - what is this flower thing :holmes:
    That's for us to know and you to find out

Better than what I did at uni once - I accidentally went and prayed Dhuhr in an empty room some time before the Khutbah before I clocked, so I ended up praying again later in Jamaat :facepalm2:
    Lol double the reward eh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lool, didnt you pray with the imam though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's for us to know and you to find out

Lol double the reward eh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Btw guys Islam and Muslims both will be attacked/hated on left, right and centre....but we need to keep strong and remember our good virtues and character insha'Allah. Remember the hard times all our prophets (peace be upon them all) especially our beloved Muhammad S.A.W went through. What they went through, we can't even match SubhanAllah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ahmed2)
    Lool, didnt you pray with the imam though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I did, but after he finished I was all confused and thinking did he pray sunnah or something, so I just prayed the 4 after lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.