Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

cruelty free meat-would you eat it & why? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you eat supermeat?
    Yes.
    16.17%
    No-never!
    16.42%
    Need more information.
    57.96%
    Yes, but would still eat regular meat.
    6.22%
    Only when eating in resturants.
    0%
    Yes, but the conditions when I would and wouldn't are not listed on this poll.
    3.23%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    That's a very strange but interesting concept.

However people aren't even willing to pay for free range chicken and free roaming pork, let alone this.

My answer, yes I would eat super meat. But only if the animal the meat came from lived in suitable conditions. I.e, free range/ outdoors.

I'm currently a struggling vegetation. I ****ing love meat.
    In theory it should quickly become a lot less costly than meat.

The welfare of the animals that are used for biopsies remains one of my biggest questions as well in terms of if it's morally viable.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    It's no longer the same product, not sure why that's difficult to understand.
    And chicken isn't at all ambitious given its something with little flavour in the first place, artificial meats have difficulty with replicating flavour well. And what premium does a meaningless moral high ground come with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's an entire episode of A Town Called Eureka dedicated to why not to do this

But given that's fiction, I probably would look into this but I'd want to watch the whole process...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    You are vegetation?

I think you mean vegetarian
    Haha oops

Yes I mean vegetarian 🙊
    Although with all this vegetating I've been doing over the past few weeks I wouldn't be surprised I am vegetation as well.

(Original post by Kyx)
    Let me know how that works out Personally, i think being a vegetarian is hard enough...
    Fml :emo:

"Struggling" was clearly the operative word

ReputationRep:
    ironically you're claiming non-human animals don't have interests in one breathe but saying you're against cruelty to them in another.
    Hmm, aren't you the one that values veganism over animal welfare? Is that ironic, never sure.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would for ethical reasons.

I would be worried about unintended long term side effects though which we wouldn't know about until a few decades down the line.

These threads are always good for watching meat eaters trip over themselves in trying to defend eating meat lol.

ReputationRep:
    So basically you're wandering into a topic you know nothing about, ironically you're claiming non-human animals don't have interests in one breathe but saying you're against cruelty to them in another.
    Not being concerned about the "interests" of animals and not wanting them to die cruelly. *Not contradictory.*
    * * You're bringing morals into this. Morals are irrelevant.**

ReputationRep:
    In theory it should quickly become a lot less costly than meat.

The welfare of the animals that are used for biopsies remains one of my biggest questions as well in terms of if it's morally viable.
    You'd consider eating this but not a rescued chickens egg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingleberry jam)
    You'd consider eating this but not a rescued chickens egg?
    I think this is very likely to be a huge step forward in decreasing the suffering animals endure, whether or not it is more or similarly ethically viable than veganism is another question all together.

Rescue chickens face a huge amount of health issues and often consume their eggs to regain the nutrients. We've been over this before. Not sure why you need that repeating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Not being concerned about the "interests" of animals and not wanting them to die cruelly. *Not contradictory.*
    You realise interests doesn't simply refer to a chickens enjoyment of the opera or it's critical analysis of whether Charles I was a good king or not, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Haha oops

Yes I mean vegetarian 🙊
    Although with all this vegetating I've been doing over the past few weeks I wouldn't be surprised I am vegetation as well.

Fml :emo:

"Struggling" was clearly the operative word
    LMAO :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Yeah I would for ethical reasons.

I would be worried about unintended long term side effects though which we wouldn't know about until a few decades down the line.

These threads are always good for watching meat eaters trip over themselves in trying to defend eating meat lol.
    Do you think it's *more* ethical than veganism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)

Do you think it's *more* ethical than veganism?
    Why would it be more or less ethical?Eating "meat" grown in a test tube seems no more or less moral than eating potato grown in the soil in terms of suffering of living things. Any differences would be infinitesimal.

I have no idea but I guess it could be worse for the environment. But to me, reducing animal suffering has always been the more appealing aspect of stuff like ethical vegetarianism etc.

If it was possible to buy a burger grown from a test tube as apposed to a burger grown from a cow that grew up and died in holocaust like conditions, or even a free reign cow that gets butchered in an abattoir, the test tube burger is obviously the better option in reducing animal suffering. I'd be willing to pay more tax so government could help it get off the ground if it was more expensive.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You have a clear inability to comprehend the most basic points. Go back and try again.
    Still waiting for the reason to buy an inferior product for one would assume more than the superior product.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think this is very likely to be a huge step forward in decreasing the suffering animals endure, whether or not it is more or similarly ethically viable than veganism is another question all together.

Rescue chickens face a huge amount of health issues and often consume their eggs to regain the nutrients. We've been over this before. Not sure why you need that repeating.
    This new info seems to show yet another inconsistency in your position, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Still waiting for the reason to buy an inferior product for one would assume more than the superior product.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still waiting for you to comprehend what my post means. Your premise remains false. If you continue to repeat yourself I'll just iggy list you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingleberry jam)
    This new info seems to show yet another inconsistency in your position, that's all.
    Calling something inconsistent =/= it actually being inconsistent. Clearly you're here to troll. Onto my iggy list you go

ReputationRep:
    You realise interests doesn't simply refer to a chickens enjoyment of the opera or it's critical analysis of whether Charles I was a good king or not, right?
    If this is your attempt at trying to look funny or smart, you're achieving neither. Try a little harder cupcake. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because there are other consideration to take into account.

I may get a lot for personal enjoyment from hitting you round the head with a base ball bat. Why should I not do that? To not do that would deny me enjoyment and would be the inferior option.

ReputationRep:
    Calling something inconsistent =/= it actually being inconsistent. Clearly you're here to troll. Onto my iggy list you go
    :rolleyes: Oh dear.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.