The Student Room Group

When is it too late to back out of University?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by similarBlank
Here's something I forgot to mention:

I applied for a £3000 scholarship at the University. They replied asying I hadn't got one but they were impressed and so wanted to give me a -£1500 reduction in fees. They then told me to confirm that I accept this offer and to confirm that I intend on going to the University this September. I replied confirming this.

How will this affect me if I let them know now that I want to withdraw? Will I be charged £1500 or something? Perhaps that's unrealistic, but they might be quite annoyed about it....
There's a really simple and obvious way to find out.

Call them.
Reply 41
Here's something I forgot to mention:

I applied for a £3000 scholarship at the University. They replied asying I hadn't got one but they were impressed and so wanted to give me a -£1500 reduction in fees. They then told me to confirm that I accept this offer and to confirm that I intend on going to the University this September. I replied confirming this.

How will this affect me if I let them know now that I want to withdraw? Will I be charged £1500 or something? Perhaps that's unrealistic, but they might be quite annoyed about it....

I dont think they would charge you something they havent given you yet.
Reply 42
If you think this is bad you should see the stuff I post anonymously. :tongue:

It was an unconditional offer, so all the other offers have already been cancelled/rejected.

Do I have to phone them up or will a quick email suffice?

Don't worry, part of the reason I don't want to go is that they haven't given me acomodation. :tongue:

As far as I know, the only things I need to get out of are the University, Student Finance and the Student Bank Account I opened a few days ago....

If you want to end up your contract with SF, you need to post a paper where yiu just have to sign, this paper is available on the SF website and post it. It is not complicated, same if you want to change course and university.
I'm thinking about going to clearing actually.

How should I go about changing everything so this will happen?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending