Turn on thread page Beta

Your worst food/cooking nightmares? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    And me!

I once picked up what I thought was apple pie (I'm partially sighted, btw) and poured some custard on it. At some point, I realised what I was eating was quiche. It's, um, interesting. :lol:
    I had a moment like that too once

It was my first day of college about 4 years ago and I went the canteen to get lunch and wanted chips and cheese and the dinner lady told me there was a tub of cheese on another counter across from the till and I was to pick it up there so I did and sprinkled it over my chips and took the box over to the cashier and when she opened the box to see what was in it, she looked at me funny and I just thought she was rude or something and never thought anything of it.

I went to my table and started to eat and I thought "this cheese tastes watery and feels a bit crunchy" but I kept eating. It literally took me about 4 mouthfuls to click I was eating chips and chopped carrots, not chips and cheese :laugh: no wonder the woman at the till looked at me funny

I'd like to say it was my bad eyesight that caused that blunder but I just got my eyes tested and new glasses the week before so I nothing to blame but me being ditzy I've never lived that down. My bf always asked if I want chips and carrot for dinner :laugh:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    Adding 6 tablespoons of salt to an omelette... never doing that again :P
    What did you do? are you crazy? that is too salty! one tablespoon at most! unless you intend to cook omelettes for giants.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    What did you do? are you crazy? that is too salty! one tablespoon at most! unless you intend to cook omelettes for giants.*
    Haha..I was the most clapped person at that time. You could say I was kinda crazy. It could've been 6 teaspoons..not table spoons.

ReputationRep:
    A giant pizza with the head of a sausage was chasing me through an amusement park made of spaghetti..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    Haha..I was the most clapped person at that time. You could say I was kinda crazy. It could've been 6 teaspoons..not table spoons.
    Even six teaspoons are a bit too much, say three of them. And a pinch of pepper. That's it!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Even six teaspoons are a bit too much, say three of them. And a pinch of pepper. That's it!*
    Hmm...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.