Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    Lol same I got my results went straight to the car and cried bc I got an E in bio . I made sure that i went to college later than everyone else bc I didn't want anyone to ask my results.
    oh well at my school everyone was asking everyone what they got and we had to go back later to have meetings about what we would do for A2 and so everyone then was like ' what did you get ' and i was trying to pretend i was happy even though i had cried for like most of the day but yh I'm just an emotional person. I'm gonna end up crying again this time around cause if i get in to uni then it means i got really high grades and ill be so happy but then if i don't then i will cry as well ah

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually so scared that i've failed physics ( aka D or below)... I keep having nightmares about results day every night even though I'm trying to take my mind off it during the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit scared
    Keeping my fingers crossed...
    Hoping for a good result because i had a good exam session... i guess... lets see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    :afraid::afraid::afraid::afraid::afraid:

Excited and nervous. I'm hoping I got an A in German AS
    --
    I promised myself if I get As in Philosohphy & German I will aim for A* next year, l m a o.
    Well I did AS French and tbh I'd be happy with a C/D. That is getting dropped like a stone

(Original post by PhyM23)
    The difference between the best and worse case scenario in some of my papers is like 15 marks. I really don't know what to expect for some of them which makes it worse!
    Yes! Doesn't help that I mainly took essay based subjects, so unless the examiner and I are on the same page, I could lose marks where I would have gained them with any other examiner...plus the grade boundaries are so tight that could mean dropping from an A to a C

(Original post by Imperion)
    Does being calm and nervous at the same time count?
    It absolutely 100% does On the one hand i'm like 'whatever happens,happens', on the other hand I feel like i want to cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cari98)
    Well I did AS French and tbh I'd be happy with a C/D. That is getting dropped like a stone

Yes! Doesn't help that I mainly took essay based subjects, so unless the examiner and I are on the same page, I could lose marks where I would have gained them with any other examiner...plus the grade boundaries are so tight that could mean dropping from an A to a C

It absolutely 100% does On the one hand i'm like 'whatever happens,happens', on the other hand I feel like i want to cry
    The thing is I do Maths Further Maths and Physics and I'm still really unsure about what I'll get in some papers! I become certain that I wrote one thing then I think I wrote something else haha!

ReputationRep:
    Gettin my GCSE results but I'm bricking it.

ReputationRep:
    havent thought about since the end of my a2 exams on june 23rd,my minds blocked it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    oh well at my school everyone was asking everyone what they got and we had to go back later to have meetings about what we would do for A2 and so everyone then was like ' what did you get ' and i was trying to pretend i was happy even though i had cried for like most of the day but yh I'm just an emotional person. I'm gonna end up crying again this time around cause if i get in to uni then it means i got really high grades and ill be so happy but then if i don't then i will cry as well ah
    I have to do an interview too! I got a letter from my sixth form centre yesterday saying that I have to go in at 10:30am and then go straight to an 'informal interview' with a staff member to discuss 'progression'....this is all well and good, as long as they don't mind chatting to a dribbling wreck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    I'm actually so scared that i've failed physics ( aka D or below)... I keep having nightmares about results day every night even though I'm trying to take my mind off it during the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm struggling to think of what I'd do if I've failed..my sixth form isn't the best, but I don't know any other sixth form that'd take me at such short notice

(Original post by Adibabrar)
    I'm a bit scared
    Keeping my fingers crossed...
    Hoping for a good result because i had a good exam session... i guess... lets see...
    See my exams were such a mixed bag, plus there were exams that on the day I thought went well, but then convinced myself I'd messed up

(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Gettin my GCSE results but I'm bricking it.
    You'll be fab! What do you hope to do next year?

(Original post by PhyM23)
    The thing is I do Maths Further Maths and Physics and I'm still really unsure about what I'll get in some papers! I become certain that I wrote one thing then I think I wrote something else haha!
    Omg same haha! I'm not even sure what I wrote for my english paper anymore, it's all a blur now

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to think of what I'd do if I've failed..my sixth form isn't the best, but I don't know any other sixth form that'd take me at such short notice

See my exams were such a mixed bag, plus there were exams that on the day I thought went well, but then convinced myself I'd messed up

You'll be fab! What do you hope to do next year?

Omg same haha! I'm not even sure what I wrote for my english paper anymore, it's all a blur now
    Awhhh thanks but I doubt itt & I'm hoping Biology, Chemistry and Law, in Uni I wanaa do Paramedic Science. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Awhhh thanks but I doubt itt & I'm hoping Biology, Chemistry and Law, in Uni I wanaa do Paramedic Science. Wbu?
    Well at AS I did Art, English, RE and french...I want to carry on with all of them at A2 except for french

Seriously, when I got my GCSEs so many people in my year group surprised themselves, like you'd be surprised at how well you've actually done, trust me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    I'm pretty much screwed and don't think I got A*AC Today, I opened up my email, to see that my firm had messaged me saying "Congratulations on receiving a conditional offer to study at Cardiff University" which made me a bit happy but a bit confused... then I read the next sentence " If you are still waiting for your results we know that this is an anxious time for you and your family. We wanted to wish you luck and also provide you with some useful tips on what to do once you know your results" :unimpressed:

Reading this in L's voice makes it weird
    I want to go to Cardiff too!! Out of interest, what AS grades did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Well at AS I did Art, English, RE and french...I want to carry on with all of them at A2 except for french

Seriously, when I got my GCSEs so many people in my year group surprised themselves, like you'd be surprised at how well you've actually done, trust me
    Awwhh, thank youu and those subjects are cool, nice variety I hope so, just really nervous about science and maths, because I just pray I've got a B overall for additional science, and I have a gut feeling for maths that I'm a couple of marks of a B and I really need a B for maths to do biology and chemistry. Like when I did SATS I got a level 3 for maths and a level 4 for english and science, I was really poor at maths.
    & I'm sure you've done amazing!

ReputationRep:

Yeah I was really surprised with my GCSEs. In English language and litterature, I was getting Cs and a few Bs then ended up with an A in each. I was so happy

ReputationRep:
    I have to do an interview too! I got a letter from my sixth form centre yesterday saying that I have to go in at 10:30am and then go straight to an 'informal interview' with a staff member to discuss 'progression'....this is all well and good, as long as they don't mind chatting to a dribbling wreck
    hahah mine luckily was in the afternoon so basically i went home first and just had a bit of a cry then went back and was kinda over it by the time i had the meeting so nobody else realised how annoyed I was...

ReputationRep:
    Awwhh, thank youu and those subjects are cool, nice variety I hope so, just really nervous about science and maths, because I just pray I've got a B overall for additional science, and I have a gut feeling for maths that I'm a couple of marks of a B and I really need a B for maths to do biology and chemistry. Like when I did SATS I got a level 3 for maths and a level 4 for english and science, I was really poor at maths.
    & I'm sure you've done amazing!
    Thank you! I was so not confident with maths, I could do it, but I didn't trust myself with it so I'd get all confused...I ended up with a C

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I was so not confident with maths, I could do it, but I didn't trust myself with it so I'd get all confused...I ended up with a C
    That's good! I ain't great at it myself, like someone said to me you should be doing maths, bruhh I would die upon stepping foot in the classroom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    hahah mine luckily was in the afternoon so basically i went home first and just had a bit of a cry then went back and was kinda over it by the time i had the meeting so nobody else realised how annoyed I was...
    Oh God our results day is like a little conveyor belt: go to your tutor group table to get your results, stand in a little area and open them and cry and avoid having your picture taken for the website, and then pop along to your interview

I swear down, good results or bad results, there will be tears.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God our results day is like a little conveyor belt: go to your tutor group table to get your results, stand in a little area and open them and cry and avoid having your picture taken for the website, and then pop along to your interview

I swear down, good results or bad results, there will be tears.
    I cried at school in front of the head teacher.... so embarrassing thinking about it but at the time I was just in such a state i can't even explain but thank god this time for UCAS track so i can cry indoors when nobody is there to see my tears but then again there could still be tears when i see the results...thats weird lol conveyor belt ... ours basically you just go in the hall and then you have to fill out this bit of paper called a ' destinations slip' and you write your name and then tick a box like' go to uni' or something like i don't really get it cause they don't mention this slip later on but yh you have to fill out the slip and then you get given that lovely brown envelope and just awkwardly stand in the hall but I think this time I might just grab the envelope and walk out the school and just stand on the pavement somewhere and open them when nobody is looking, but if i get into my firm then i will just open them at school cause if i done good i would like my teachers to see me happy haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm more than glad my results day was on 27th June tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.