The Student Room Group

Man stabs 4 women for dressing immodestly in France

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swiss_cheese

This person is linking them to Islamic terrorism solely based on the Arab name -

The vital additional clue is in what the perpetrator did and what he is reported to have said. The name is irrelevant.
Perhaps if you wrote more clearly and succinctly, there would be no problems.

You really are an asshat.
Original post by Good bloke
The vital additional clue is in what the perpetrator did and what he is reported to have said. The name is irrelevant.

Yet the OP, highlights the Arab name as the most important detail - thereby implicitly linking him to Islamic terrorism with no actual evidence other than a racial assumption.
How? Lmfao

This person is linking them to Islamic terrorism solely based on the Arab name - ie he thinks that Arabs who commit crimes are always doing it for political/religious motivation. That is racism to Arabs. If the name of the perpetrator was "John Smith", he would not have posted this.

OK, as you still appear to be having comprehension issues, here's a little help:
"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

Also, if my other paragraph was too long for you, perhaps you need to go and read a few books before attempting to debate on a public forum?
I'm sure that it's just a complete and total coincidence that this latest attack was carried out by a man called Mohamed. I'm sure that it will turn out that his attack has Nothing To Do With Islam. I'm also sure that it will turn out that he's Not A True Muslim. I'm also sure that the French will appreciate this latest glorious act of cultural enrichment by an adherent of a beautiful, wonderful, peaceful ideology that causes no problems at all in Europe. I'm sure that the attack will ultimately turn out to be completely the fault of those vile nasty bigoted islamaphobic white French people. (I mean, if women and children choose to go outside not covered from head to toe in black binbags when it's 30+ degrees, and thus be terribly, needlessly provocative, who can blame a man for attacking them, really?), As long as everyone bears in mind that the attack has Nothing To Do With Islam, and that Islam is a religion of peace, and that Muslims are always the real victims of everything, everything will be totally fine.
Original post by 1010marina
OK, as you still appear to be having comprehension issues, here's a little help:
"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

Also, if my other paragraph was too long for you, perhaps you need to go and read a few books before attempting to debate on a public forum?

Goodbye, I have no energy to argue with someone who highlights comprehension issues in the place of diversity of opinions.
Goodbye, I have no energy to argue with someone who highlights comprehension issues in the place of diversity of opinions.

Oh sorry I hurt your feelings by googling a definition.
Reply 47
Except you posted this article solely because of the Arab name. Don't kid yourself, you would not have posted this if the perpetrator had a British name.

The attacker had an ideological motive for the attack (he stabbed the women because they were dressed immodestly), making it a possible terror attack. This comes after the Nice, Paris and Île-de-France terror attacks, so clearly there is a chance of this attack also being a terror attack. I made this thread to inform people of a possible terror incident in France.

Says the person who raised the matter with critical comments about writing style.
Original post by Trapz99
The attacker had an ideological motive for the attack (he stabbed the women because they were dressed immodestly), making it a possible terror attack. This comes after the Nice, Paris and Île-de-France terror attacks, so clearly there is a chance of this attack also being a terror attack. I made this thread to inform people of a possible terror incident in France.

This is pure speculation alongside some inconsistent media reports. But the fact that you took the name and held that as 100% evidence for Islamic terrorism is racist to Arabs. You have a posting history of anti-Islam spam, so I have no reason to believe that you did this for any reason other than to stir up religious hatred.
Reply 50
Yet the OP, who is racist, highlights the Arab name as the most important detail - thereby implicitly linking him to Islamic terrorism with no actual evidence other than a racial assumption.

I'm racist because I wrote what the attacker's name was? I never said in my original post that this was an Islamic terror attack. Also, looking at the context (France just had a major terror attack) and the attacker's motive (he disliked the women wearing those clothes) there is a chance that this was a terror attack, Islamic or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
Says the person who raised the matter with critical comments about writing style.

I'm sorry but you're the one who utilises incidents like this to purport an anti-immigration, anti-Islam message. If you think you are somehow on a moral high ground, you are clueless.
meanwhile 300 Muslims die in Baghdad because of terrorism, but you're getting all teary about something as small as this? certainly just because it fits your islamphobic (note I say islamphobic as fear of Islam, not islamophobia) agenda.

Are you serious?

Next time your mum gets stabbed for wearing a t-shirt don't bother whining about it if on the same day 200 destitute refugees were landing on a Greek island.

More than anything it is people like you, not jihadist terrorists, that alienate muslims from the non-muslim world.
Original post by Trapz99
I'm racist because I wrote what the attacker's name was. I never said in my original post that this was an Islamic terror attack. Also, looking at the context (France just had a major terror attack) and the attacker's motive (he disliked the women wearing those clothes) there is a chance that this was a terror attack, Islamic or not.

You have a history of posting anti-Islam threads.

You posted this and highlighted the Arab name as the most important detail.

This therefore means that you posted it solely because you want to incriminate Islam by linking this incident to Muslims. There is an equally high change that this person is mentally ill, just like the Munich knife attacker from months back when the police found no links to terrorism. But no, apparently your expertise on first-hand, inconsistent media reports and knowledge of arab names means that this must be Islamic terrorism.
This video says it all: [video="youtube;rhqneAhyJkI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhqneAhyJkI[/video]
Reply 55
This is pure speculation alongside some inconsistent media reports. But the fact that you took the name and held that as 100% evidence for Islamic terrorism is racist to Arabs. You have a posting history of anti-Islam spam, so I have no reason to believe that you did this for any reason other than to stir up religious hatred.

I did not say in my original post that this was Islamic terrorism. I wrote his name- I never said "Oh look, his name is Mohammed. He is definitely a Muslim and a terrorist". You are the one who made the connection between Arabic name and Islamic terrorist.

Also, there is nothing wrong with opposing an idea or a belief system.
Original post by Yellow 03
Are you serious?

Next time your mum gets stabbed for wearing a t-shirt don't bother whining about it if on the same day 200 destitute refugees were landing on a Greek island.

More than anything it is people like you, not jihadist terrorists, that alienate muslims from the non-muslim world.

Apparently I alienate Muslims now, lmfao.
Original post by Trapz99
I did not say in my original post that this was Islamic terrorism. I wrote his name- I never said "Oh look, his name is Mohammed. He is definitely a Muslim and a terrorist". You are the one who made the connection between Arabic name and Islamic terrorist.

Also, there is nothing wrong with opposing an idea or a belief system. You are free to be anti-Islam or anti-Christianity or anti-Atheism.

You didn't say it, but your agenda of posting history has been almost exclusively anti-Islamic. Don't be a child and actually pretend that you posted this without noticing the Arab name and thinking it would be a good chance to stir up racial/religious hatred.
Reply 58
You didn't say it, but your agenda of posting history has been almost exclusively anti-Islamic. Don't be a child and actually pretend that you posted this without noticing the Arab name and thinking it would be a good chance to stir up racial/religious hatred.

That is not why I posted this. I posted this to inform people of a possible attack in France.

Just want to point out in response to the 3 or 4 times you've said it today. . .

That is pure speculation :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending