Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I Love school discos, it fits in nicely with my hobbies of making an arse of myself and drinking in one neat, nicely uniformed package

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I need to pack my prefect badge! *goes to do so now*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    :eek: I need to pack my prefect badge! *goes to do so now*
    You were a prefect I always wanted to be a prefect but was stopped because in the exact words of my old science teacher (GCSE) who was one of the people in charge of selecting prefects 'Steven cant be a prefect, Hes not sensible enough' :p: She was probably right, I acted like a prefect anyway out of bitterness to get the advantages and to abuse the authority I didnt actually have but as soon as something better came along I was off like a shot! and I dare say a stupid little badge would have stopped me, still I wish I had one though purely for school discos and the extra authority a prefect badge would bring, I will be so jealous!

ReputationRep:
    Awww... I don't know if this will be any consolation, but all the 6th years at my school were prefects unless they requested otherwise. I missed all the PSE periods because I was away doing Physics for those, so I never knew what my prefect duties actually were... I was a pretty rubbish prefect, and when I did attempt to do dinner duty or whatever [in an attempt to feel slightly less lazy] all the little 2nd years who were taller than me would just ignore me when I tried to encourage civilised behaviour.

You're probably every bit deserving of a prefect badge as I was - if I ever bump into you in a school disco, you can borrow it for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    Awww... I don't know if this will be any consolation, but all the 6th years at my school were prefects unless they requested otherwise. I missed all the PSE periods because I was away doing Physics for those, so I never knew what my prefect duties actually were... I was a pretty rubbish prefect, and when I did attempt to do dinner duty or whatever [in an attempt to feel slightly less lazy] all the little 2nd years who were taller than me would just ignore me when I tried to encourage civilised behaviour.

You're probably every bit deserving of a prefect badge as I was - if I ever bump into you in a school disco, you can borrow it for a while.
    Pretty much every every 5th + year with half a brain was in my school which made it even more annoying that I wasnt, all my mates were and I was stuck being a commoner! disgrace, hence why I pretended to me a prefect anyway but being a big 6 foot 2 lad there was few people of argued Still though that badge would have been sweet, I might make my own paper one :p:

EDIT: did I just say hence in a sentence seriously? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    am bringing my prefect badge and pink head girl one woop woop.

ReputationRep:
    ooo im gonna bring my prefect badge too then

edit: i also have a prefect tie...hmmm
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How come everyone's got prefect badges? I never got a badge! I do have a 'buddy' badge from year 8 though...not quite the same is it?

ReputationRep:
    I dont actually have any input here but I have to post something to justify my packing break :p: (honestly I didnt realise I had so much crap until today!) ahh well this time tomorrow Ill be back in St Andrews and I cant wait, seems strange how Im honestly looking forward more to getting back this year then I did last year when I was a fresher! If thats not an endorsement for the uni I dont know what is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jcrams)
    am bringing my prefect badge and pink head girl one woop woop.
    A PINK head girl badge?! Awesome!

Has anyone packed anything really silly yet? The daftest thing I'm thinking of bringing is, so far, a fake arm that you can close in doors of stuff. I might put it in the fridge door in FP and go out, just to see what my flatmates do when they arrive and see it.

Actually, I think that might not be a very good start to the year. I'll bring the arm anyway and leave it sticking out from under a vending machine somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah, the school only gave me a blue one that said captain on it, so I bought the pink one myself on the internet...lol that makes it sound slightly less cool! Other than my big jesters hat for our meet-up, I don't have anything too silly, but am considering taking a trident and flashing devil horns? What normally happens at Hallowe'en? Oh, and is it worth taking a ned costume? I heard you get cheap drinks sometimes if you're dressed as a ned? Lol my suitcase seems to consist mainly of fancy dress!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jcrams)
    lol yeah, the school only gave me a blue one that said captain on it, so I bought the pink one myself on the internet...lol that makes it sound slightly less cool! Other than my big jesters hat for our meet-up, I don't have anything too silly, but am considering taking a trident and flashing devil horns? What normally happens at Hallowe'en? Oh, and is it worth taking a ned costume? I heard you get cheap drinks sometimes if you're dressed as a ned? Lol my suitcase seems to consist mainly of fancy dress!
    Yeah people do get dressed up at hallowe'en so you might want a costume for that or you can just buy something closer to the time. Also last year the Gin House (local pub) had at least 1 ned night, they are not nearly as common as the school discos but if you have the stuff already and can bring it, it wouldnt hurt if its something you would be interested in going to.

ReputationRep:
    Prefect badge...knew I'd forgotten something! Do you think its going a bit far to bring a long tartan skirt aswell? (strictly speaking an orchestra skirt, but a bit different)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteSugarMouse)
    Prefect badge...knew I'd forgotten something! Do you think its going a bit far to bring a long tartan skirt aswell? (strictly speaking an orchestra skirt, but a bit different)
    Bring what you want but dont think that because its Scotland everyone is in tartan all the time, most people tend to wear 'normal' clothes (or as near to normal as St Andrews gets) so if you were only bringing it purely because of the tartan and probably wouldnt wear it otherwise you might not want to bother taking up space.

ReputationRep:
    this is probably really stupid but whats a ned night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousy)
    this is probably really stupid but whats a ned night?
    a ned is the scottish equivilent of a what I would call a charver but you would propbably know as a chav.

PS this is my last post before I get to St Andrews so I'll see you all there!

ReputationRep:
    See ya steevo x

And stay away from neds, they'll actually kill you O_O

They're not equivalent either, they're much much much worse. D: im just glad to be getting away from them that is, presuming there are none on St Andrews.

And - im getting a little excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragon500uk)
    And - im getting a little excited!
    Just a little?!

ReputationRep:
    i'm excited, sad, petrified, every possible emotion i think

ReputationRep:
    Well - i'm leaving the greatest friends in the world in little ole motherwell... So like... i'm really upset. But up until a few hours ago i was indifferent...

But hey; i'll be there this time tomorrow

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 24, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.