Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1018 – National Security and Entry Bill 2016 Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    I am quite sure that not all of the people who will be denied a 'special entry permit' are muslim. For the massive surveillance network, the GCHQ should be responsible for it. There will be plans to work out who is at risk of radicalisation, which I cannot discuss for security reasons, or the terrorists will be able to circumvent the background checks. And the specifics is for the Home Office and maybe some other government departments to figure out. People already in Northern Ireland will not have trouble travelling around the country, but people from Northern Ireland who do not pass the background check because they are a terrorist or are radicalised to be a terrorist will not be granted a 'special access permit'.
    'Which I cannot discuss for security reasons' - sorry are you in Government? Do you have access to GCHQ information that the Cabinet do not? This tactic is vastly impractical and frankly there are better ways to combat terrorism than denying your citizens free movement areound the world.

Nay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehistorybore)
    'Which I cannot discuss for security reasons' - sorry are you in Government? Do you have access to GCHQ information that the Cabinet do not? This tactic is vastly impractical and frankly there are better ways to combat terrorism than denying your citizens free movement areound the world.

Nay.
    I have my own fantastic plans that I cannot discuss with you. This bill provides one of the best ways to reduce the risk of terrorism in the UK.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have my own fantastic plans that I cannot discuss with you. This bill provides one of the best ways to reduce the risk of terrorism in the UK.
    I believe this is what's known as 'the easy way out.'

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, the order of those particular countries in the list is not based on anything.

Secondly, the British volunteers could obtain 'special entry permits' if they wish to re-enter the country.

Thirdly, they will not be forced to go home if they are here legally. However, if they leave and wish to re-enter, they need to obtain a 'special entry permit' to return.

Well, UKIP answered you, so you were wrong.
    Thank you for answering for the first time.

It's not very encouraging that the countries chosen are not based on anything except your party's opinion. I do see that these countries do have certain security risks but excessively restricting travel to those countries is a bit excessive imo.

This bill is going to affect the economic activity of these countries and possibly the UK. Nigeria, for example, is the largest oil producer in Africa and more than 100,000 British nationals visit the country each year. This 1000 Pounds visa or 10 million pounds visa for the Nigerians is going to negatively affect trade between the two countries. The same could be said for a few other countries on this list. Another example, Morocco a big tourist destination, will suffer under this bill, there's about 500,000 British nationals that visit it a year.

How do you think these countries will respond if this is implemented, some of whom are strategic allies.

ReputationRep:
    99.1, 99.7, 99.5, 99.5, 99.9, 96.7, 99.1, 99, 99.8, 98, 96.9, 98.4, 98.3, 98.4, 48.8, 97.9, 97.6, 93, 96.9, 90.7, 96.6, 96.7, 96.4, 96.4, 95, 92.4, 94.9, 97.2, 93, 92.8, 88, 61.3

These are the % of the population that is Muslim in order of all the countries listed in 2(1). Apart from Nigeria on 48.8 they are all incredibly high. Seems to be almost an indirect attack on Islam?

Also, you mention the Republic of Sudan which as a Muslim population of 90.7% but not the Republic of South Sudan which has a Muslim population of 6.2%, so what makes the Republic of Sudan so much more worse than Southern Sudan? The South only come out of a civil war last year so surely that is more dangerous place?

Also another picky thing, it's 'The Gambia', not just 'Gambia'.

EDIT: Just seen your post about countries including prominent Terroist groups.

ReputationRep:
    These countries have groups officially designated as 'terroist' by the UK, you will obviously have to add these also:

Uzbekistan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Jihad_Union, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islami..._of_Uzbekistan)

Singapore, Thailand (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jemaah_Islamiyah)

China (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkistan_Islamic_Party)

Bangladesh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harkat-ul-Jihad_al-Islami)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    These countries have groups officially designated as 'terroist' by the UK, you will obviously have to add these also:

Uzbekistan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Jihad_Union, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islami..._of_Uzbekistan)

Singapore, Thailand (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jemaah_Islamiyah)

China (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkistan_Islamic_Party)

Bangladesh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harkat-ul-Jihad_al-Islami)
    Uzbekistan is already on the list.

There is no need to add Singapore or Thailand to the list, as Jemaah Islamiyah mostly operates in Indonesia and the Philippines.

I will add Bangladesh and Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China to the list.

ReputationRep:
    Now look at what we have in Munich. Yet another terrorist attack with 10 deaths and 27 injuries. When are we going to come to our senses and tackle this issue? We have had three terrorist attacks over the course of a few days. If we do not act now, there would inevitably be more terrorist attacks - very likely in the United Kingdom. If we want to stop these terrorist attacks, we need to pass this bill. The attacker was an Iranian, and Iran is one of the countries on this list. Those who vote in favour of this bill will go down as the saviours of the United Kingdom, but if this bill does not pass, those who voted against it will have blood on their hands, as they will be the ones who allowed the deaths of many people in this country.

ReputationRep:
    Now look at what we have in Munich. Yet another terrorist attack with 10 deaths and 27 injuries. When are we going to come to our senses and tackle this issue? We have had three terrorist attacks over the course of a few days. If we do not act now, there would inevitably be more terrorist attacks - very likely in the United Kingdom. If we want to stop these terrorist attacks, we need to pass this bill. The attacker was an Iranian, and Iran is one of the countries on this list. Those who vote in favour of this bill will go down as the saviours of the United Kingdom, but if this bill does not pass, those who voted against it will have blood on their hands, as they will be the ones who allowed the deaths of many people in this country.
    The attacker had no political motivations, and was a German Muslim born and bred in Munich. Do you support the forced deportation of British Muslims to countries they have never lived in, where they have no familial connections and may face human rights abuses?

ReputationRep:
    Yet another terrorist attack in Germany. This time a bombing in Ansbach with 12 injuries. The bomber was Syrian. If a bill like this were law in Germany, this would not have occurred. The leftists are in denial. These attacks will keep on occurring unless we take a tough stand on terrorism, or it will only be a matter of time before terrorists strike in the UK. If you want to prevent these attacks from occurring on our soil, we have to pass this bill as soon as possible!

When Merkel let in swarms of migrants, she should have seen this coming. Let us not make the same mistake. This video says it all:

ReputationRep:
    Nay. This bill needs a section allowing UK citizens to enter the country when returning from holidays and business trips to those countries/regions. Other than that it looks good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Nay. This bill needs a section allowing UK citizens to enter the country when returning from holidays and business trips to those countries/regions. Other than that it looks good.
    The trouble is that we do not know whether they are going to those places to be radicalised, so it is best if they carry a 'special entry permit' to show that they have passed a background check. I will make the 'special entry permits' for British citizens free.

ReputationRep:
    Now we have another attack in France. We warned you about the threats, but the politically correct governments are not willing to take tough action and would rather let its people die.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This bill is in cessation.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This bill has gone to a second reading.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.