Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yh im in my bed still and its 12pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    It's good, I'm having a good time but obviously it has its downsides - have you already done NCS?

I just can't wait to be able to walk around after 10:45pm and not have a heart attack every time someone even breathes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I have not , I don't think I could with all the challenges I would have a panic attack , but yeah I understand and it's good you enjoy it , and you won't have a heart attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ria25)
    No I have not , I don't think I could with all the challenges I would have a panic attack , but yeah I understand and it's good you enjoy it , and you won't have a heart attack
    Really? I don't think the challenges themselves are particularly tough but it very much depends on the kind of person you are - like ik struggling with being around people all the time - I never have any alone time >.>

Haha I hope not although the rules are incredibly strict, it's like high school all over again (I'm in college now so it's been a year) and the staff are like teachers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? I don't think the challenges themselves are particularly tough but it very much depends on the kind of person you are - like ik struggling with being around people all the time - I never have any alone time >.>

Haha I hope not although the rules are incredibly strict, it's like high school all over again (I'm in college now so it's been a year) and the staff are like teachers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oooo I'm doing NCS soon. Not liking the sound of that. :o:o I'm at college now too, and it's has a layed back atmosphere, but obviously not litterly I hated school so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pix2015)
    Oooo I'm doing NCS soon. Not liking the sound of that. :o:o I'm at college now too, and it's has a layed back atmosphere, but obviously not litterly I hated school so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll still be fun, tho, don't worry! It seriously depends on the people in your wave and the staff you have though - you legit won't be able to do anything in the second week if you have staff who stick to the rules.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Also - take lots of snacks, especially for the first week and don't order loads of stuff in the second week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It'll still be fun, tho, don't worry! It seriously depends on the people in your wave and the staff you have though - you legit won't be able to do anything in the second week if you have staff who stick to the rules.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Also - take lots of snacks, especially for the first week and don't order loads of stuff in the second week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah thank you!

Yeah I suppose, just hope that my wave isn't so bad. I read a lot of people's post about NCS and most that I have read didn't enjoy it

I do have one question, I had a email saying about a final meet up before NCS course starts. But I thought you only met you group once before you started anyway. So why would you call it a final if it was the first meet up? Or did you have more then one and I just miss them?

Also what week are you on now?

I start on the 1st August and meet up is 27th July.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I did NCS they did two meet ups; and the last one was the ' final countdown thing ' where they just talked more about the residential

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    When I did NCS they did two meet ups; and the last one was the ' final countdown thing ' where they just talked more about the residential
    Oh right.

Well when they sent me the info pack it did have a meet up date in, it was on like 3rd of June or something but they didn't send the pack till 17th June. So I assumed it was for another group and they just forgot to change the date for mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi how are you ..... Yes it's nice to meet me.

ReputationRep:
    At a certain point it starts becoming up early, I suppose..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Hi how are you ..... Yes it's nice to meet me.
    You are a strange specimen :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    At a certain point it starts becoming up early, I suppose..
    Quite right you are fella numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    You are a strange specimen :eyeball:
    Thanks darling

ReputationRep:
    Thanks darling
    No worries mate

ReputationRep:
    Its like 4 am in the UK

ReputationRep:
    Its like 4 am in the UK
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    No worries mate
    Is someone going to confirm for me?

ReputationRep:
    Is someone going to confirm for me?
    Can't confirm dat cuz it's 5:00 AM SIKE!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pix2015)
    Ah thank you!

Yeah I suppose, just hope that my wave isn't so bad. I read a lot of people's post about NCS and most that I have read didn't enjoy it

I do have one question, I had a email saying about a final meet up before NCS course starts. But I thought you only met you group once before you started anyway. So why would you call it a final if it was the first meet up? Or did you have more then one and I just miss them?

Also what week are you on now?

I start on the 1st August and meet up is 27th July.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah because all the people who have good things to say about NCS won't post about it because no one wants to hear it - it's a shame.

I only had 1 meet up with my group, but like the other person said, it could've been that your group had 2 meet ups - either way, some people will have also missed either meet up so it doesn't matter.

Just finished the second week me and most of my team just found out you only get 1 day break (saturday off) before you have to go back to NCS on Sunday to start the 3rd week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    I'm just doing a bit of uni work for next year, can't sleep in this heat so thought I'd be productive.
    Night Crew, where ya'll at
    I'm usually up writing lyrics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because all the people who have good things to say about NCS won't post about it because no one wants to hear it - it's a shame.

I only had 1 meet up with my group, but like the other person said, it could've been that your group had 2 meet ups - either way, some people will have also missed either meet up so it doesn't matter.

Just finished the second week me and most of my team just found out you only get 1 day break (saturday off) before you have to go back to NCS on Sunday to start the 3rd week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay thanks.

Only one day? Oh well I suppose week 2 isn't as energy packed as week 1.

Only only chosen to do it as I miss the opportunity last year because I suffer with homesickness, although I still do I decided this year because I need to get over it.

How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.