The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    In my heart of hearts, I think Lincoln is going to be one of my choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    How is everyone's summers going?
    Better, now my leg has mostly healed and I can go outside. How's yours?

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite worried at the moment. My school uses a system where us Year 12s were given our overall A Level expected grades from the start. The only problem is mine were all Cs. If I ended up with 3 Bs, what do you think would happen? Would my expected grades stay the same or increase?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Changed the thread title! OP still yet to sort out

How did everyone do today?!

Hello fellow yr13s :grouphugs:

yr13! :eek:

:afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babs Posh)
    I went to both the Loughborough and Birmingham open days with my heart set on Birmingham, but afterwards came out of it thinking the entire opposite.

I'm not sure about what unis I want to go to, so many options I want to study Politics, so atm I'm thinking LSE (doubtful but w/e), Warwick, Durham, Bristol, Bath, Loughborough, Nottingham. Idk basically...

Omg personal statement is the bane of my life, I swear I'm finding it more stressful than AS exams and they were awful...
    why didn't you like Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.thorne10)
    So I've visited Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, UCL (one building so not properly), KCL.
    First draft of personal statement is done, though it still needs a lot of work!
    Currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Economics, History.
    Hope to study Economics at the best place I can get into haha (hopefully Cambridge)

What's everyone else thinking about?
    woah! you're aiming high. how did ur AS go?

ReputationRep:
    Just want to send you guys a massive congratulations with your grades. I hope they were what you wanted or better as I'm sure you guys worked damn hard for them. And now, the hunt for unis begin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by te.lope)
    woah! you're aiming high. how did ur AS go?
    Surprisingly well thanks. Managed 300/300 UMS in Maths and 384/400 in Further Maths, getting a tasty 97.7 UMS average. Did you take any exams this year, if so how did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Just want to send you guys a massive congratulations with your grades. I hope they were what you wanted or better as I'm sure you guys worked damn hard for them. And now, the hunt for unis begin
    I got AAAB!!!

(even some of my teachers are in shock)

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly well thanks. Managed 300/300 UMS in Maths and 384/400 in Further Maths, getting a tasty 97.7 UMS average. Did you take any exams this year, if so how did it go?
    What?! I don't believe you, that's too good!
    That's sorcery , how did you manage that?!
    I took a maths AS and got a C , not really sure about all the UMS stuff tho

ReputationRep:
    Congratz that's amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What?! I don't believe you, that's too good!
    That's sorcery , how did you manage that?!
    I took a maths AS and got a C , not really sure about all the UMS stuff tho
    I wish it was sorcery, but more likely was a result of a lack of a social life and fear of Cambridge rejection. So happy though, I thought I completely messed up M2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Congratz that's amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I promise I'm not trying to brag though, I was just asked

ReputationRep:
    I might not be a Year 13 student just yet......until next week anyway.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I promise I'm not trying to brag though, I was just asked
    Nah I don't think your bragging you should be proud and my maths ums was m1-88 c1-83 and c2-86 still an A so I'm so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wish it was sorcery, but more likely was a result of a lack of a social life and fear of Cambridge rejection. So happy though, I thought I completely messed up M2
    Congrats that's amazing! I worked hard for that C *cries* but I guess maths is not for me. How did you revise and how often , are we talking 24/7?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I don't even know what I want to do at uni. So many things I want to do... Natural Sciences... Chemical Physics... Astrophysics... Nuclear Engineering... ahhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Congrats that's amazing! I worked hard for that C *cries* but I guess maths is not for me. How did you revise and how often , are we talking 24/7?
    Well at like a month to go I just revised the syllabus but not much alongside homework. Then at like 2 weeks before I'd just do all the past papers (1 a day - 2 on sunday) for the nearest exam only, then just switch to the next nearest. If there were many close together then this was harder and required focusing on 2 or more papers at once. I'd say like 2 hours a day on schooldays and 3 at weekends? This probably wasn't the most efficient way of doing things but it seems to work for me and that's what matters 😀

ReputationRep:
    Well at like a month to go I just revised the syllabus but not much alongside homework. Then at like 2 weeks before I'd just do all the past papers (1 a day - 2 on sunday) for the nearest exam only, then just switch to the next nearest. If there were many close together then this was harder and required focusing on 2 or more papers at once. I'd say like 2 hours a day on schooldays and 3 at weekends? This probably wasn't the most efficient way of doing things but it seems to work for me and that's what matters 😀
    That's extraordinary. I had about 10 weeks and did like 4 topics a week and did every question in the book again (except for statistics where I only did the mixed exercises) and then a week before id do as many past papers as I can and obviously write down all the formulas I needed to know. But I guess I couldn't prepare myself enough for the questions because they really threw me, but congrats again. Wish you all the best, I'm sure you'll get into Cambridge

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.