Actuarial Grad Schemes 2017

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NEha21)
    When did you receive an email from EY? Did you attach your CV to the application?
    I had to contact them personally and only then did they update my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paraphilos)
    Just honestly speaking I hadn't heard of XL Catlin until you mentioned it. I made an extensive (or what I thought was extensive) list of all consultancies and insurance companies in an Excel file but sometimes I just don't know whether I've missed them off or not.

Do you have any advice by the way in terms of picking a specific path (in terms of life insurance, or pensions etc.)? I understand their vague differences but honestly speaking can't identify what is drastically different about them. Or should I just apply for as many as possible?
    I am very certain you will still have missed some. How big is your list currently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    I am very certain you will still have missed some. How big is your list currently?
    I've only sent off ten applications at the moment, and most of the research I did for that was when I had a bit more time - my graduate programme has started now so I'm extremely busy.

ReputationRep:
    I've only sent off ten applications at the moment, and most of the research I did for that was when I had a bit more time - my graduate programme has started now so I'm extremely busy.
    So what is the answer, how big is your list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    So what is the answer, how big is your list?

ReputationRep:
    That is actually not bad if you are just going European.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunderfert)
    anyone else a 2016 graduate applying for 2017 intake?
    I'm looking at applying for a few actuarial grad schemes, although my degree isn't finance related. Anyone know if this could be an issue? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly5082)
    I'm looking at applying for a few actuarial grad schemes, although my degree isn't finance related. Anyone know if this could be an issue? Cheers
    As long as its a numerate degree it doesn't matter. Mine isn't finance related (I studied maths).

ReputationRep:
    has kpmg updated anyone as to whether they're opening the actuarial scheme this year outside of pensions?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me some companies to apply for that have actuarial grad schemes please? Preferably ones that don't have verbal or SJT online tests because then I have no chance! I hate how some companies want an A in english language at gcse. I got a C

I am a 2016 grad that is unemployed as f!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    has kpmg updated anyone as to whether they're opening the actuarial scheme this year outside of pensions?
    Seems like KPMG don't have them or something. Really strange.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else heard back from Standard Life yet? Applied a few weeks ago and have still not heard anything back, not sure if this is good or not.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got EY telephone interview??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    anyone got EY telephone interview??
    I still haven't heard back from numerical and verbal tests yet. Did you pass them? I found the verbal quite hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooldudeman)
    I still haven't heard back from numerical and verbal tests yet. Did you pass them? I found the verbal quite hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same and I also found the verbal hard. Kind of annoying how many tests there are for every single company but I know they have no other way of eliminating the sheer number of candidates.

ReputationRep:
    Same and I also found the verbal hard. Kind of annoying how many tests there are for every single company but I know they have no other way of eliminating the sheer number of candidates.
    I just recieved an email with the feedback report and no reply whether i passed the stage or not. It's this normal?

Since the second stage of tests are numerical and verbal, they must only base it on that. I got level 7 for numerical and some BS feedback for verbal, saying what my strongest and weakest points are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone completed the Zurich tests? The system is disgustingly awful to the point where I can't actually submit the test and some of the questions barely make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooldudeman)
    I just recieved an email with the feedback report and no reply whether i passed the stage or not. It's this normal?

Since the second stage of tests are numerical and verbal, they must only base it on that. I got level 7 for numerical and some BS feedback for verbal, saying what my strongest and weakest points are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I received the same as you for the numerical and the same feedback for verbal. Haven't yet heard of a result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWz)
    Anyone completed the Zurich tests? The system is disgustingly awful to the point where I can't actually submit the test and some of the questions barely make sense.
    I failed it apparently straight after I wasted an hour trawling through it. Horrible test for me too. Which part did you dislike?

ReputationRep:
    I failed it apparently straight after I wasted an hour trawling through it. Horrible test for me too. Which part did you dislike?
    Pretty much all of it haha. Some of the numerical questions didn't really make sense and the inclusion of the logic test at the end just topped it off. Somehow I passed it though.

Is anyone able to share some tips for Aon and Zurich video interviews?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.