Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your EPL Table Predication for 2016/17? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    Do you honestly think Pep will finish above Jose in his first season in the PL? Pep couldn't win the UCL with that Inter side or that Porto side and you know it. Luis Enrique beat Pep's Bayern side 3-0 so how do you think he'll do against an experienced PL winner like Jose when it comes to the derby?
    Your logic is outstanding if you're trying to use Champions league results. Jose couldnt win the CL with the Chelsea team that di matteo did, is di matteo therefore better than him? Oh and lets not forget how miserably failed with Real Madrid...

ReputationRep:
    Do you honestly think Pep will finish above Jose in his first season in the PL? Pep couldn't win the UCL with that Inter side or that Porto side and you know it. Luis Enrique beat Pep's Bayern side 3-0 so how do you think he'll do against an experienced PL winner like Jose when it comes to the derby?
    Figured it out: he sucks Pep ****. He thinks Pep will win the league every season he manages, yet conveniently missed out that season where he quit at the end of it (for a "sabbatical")

ReputationRep:
    An arsenal fan out of all peopoe giving it the big one :lol: sounds pretty bitter to me. Is it because Pep didnt go to Arsenal or because the amount of times Pep's barca have raped arsenal?

Shawn thinks Arsenal are going to challenge for the league despite buying ****ing nobody :lol: all because they managed to finish second... to leicester this season :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    x
    Wait till the Gunners get knocked out of the FA Cup by a police officer. Then you'll really laugh. (Oh wait, they'll have slipped into second division obscurity by then and the Broncos will have moved into Ashburton Grove )
    Besides, what has happened the past few seasons made most fans apathetic. I'm not bitter at all, it's just Arsene doing all that he can do now. Saving up for his retirement while the owners leech the club, it's essentially asset-stripping rather than actually competing for honours. Then the only fans left will be groundsharing with Charlton and supporting because there's no one left to support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    How come people are predicting Leicester to finish midtable, is it just because they lost Kante? He certainly isn't irreplaceable, I don't see why they'd slip down so far when they were CONSISTENTLY the best side the year before.

I'm a little unsure on Hull finishing 20th. They have a better squad than two years ago and if they get Martinez - a manager who'll be able to get more out of them than Bruce. Players like Livermore and Huddlestone may excel as opposed to having deadwood like Meyler starting ahead of them. Their situation is precarious atm, but that's just the nature of the beast with the Allam's.

My prediction for the league table:

1. Man Utd
    2. Man City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Leicester
    6. Liverpool
    7. Spurs
    8. West Ham
    9. Everton
    10. Watford
    11. Southampton
    12. Crystal Palace
    13. Stoke
    14. Swansea
    15. West Brom
    16. Sunderland
    17. Hull
    18. Bournemouth
    19. Middlesbrough
    20. Burnley

As one of the people 'predicting' Leicester to be mid table I thought I'd reply.

The truth is that I have no real idea where ANY of the teams will finish.(Well I think Stoke will be 10th -12th)

In the case of the actual winners I don't think Utd will win.Nor City.Nor Chelsea .Nor Arsenal. But I have to put someone as first.

As you know I can't help but be greatly influenced by the betting market and I could have simply picked the teams in the order they appear in the betting. In which case Leicester would have been 7th.But what's the point of that. It would be boring. If people don't take a punt with a couple of selections when they do something as ludicrous as this why bother ?

So why did I put West Ham and Everton above them? In the case of Everton I was just following the hype. I have no idea if they will even be splashing out on anyone yet.

In the case of West Ham I've been influenced by the few things I've read thus far.

None of my selections are predictions as such because the odds on every single position are at least 2-1 against. If I predict something that means I think it's a better than 50% chance.

If I was asked where I think Leiceter will finish my answer would be ,**** knows. Anywhere from 5th to 11th is my guess.

And that would be a 60-70% chance I think I'd be right in saying.

Cheers

Btw I advise everyone on here to buy the Racing Post preseason pullout on August 3rd. It's a mine of information and it will be interesting to see their Premiership finishing positions and their reasoning.

I reckon they will have Leicester as 8th.

ReputationRep:
    1.Crystal Palace
    2. City
    3. United
    4. Leicester

(I'm too disgusted by any other London team to actually include them)

Zaha, Bolasie to score 30 each

ReputationRep:
    The bant that you think you'll finish first in Pep's first season in a hard league where he's been given a team of champions all of his life. Inter beat Barca in 2010 and look at the differences in the team. Can't wait for Jose to expose baldy.
    Pep inherited a weak and aging Barca side. One that had won nothing in two years and finish nearly 20 points behind Madrid.

Lol if you're saying the Prem is better in terms of quality than La Liga.

Inter in 2010 were about the same level as Barca and were very lucky with refereeing decisions.

If Jose is that much better than Guardiola as you say; why couldn't he win the League in 10/11? He inherited the same squad from Pellegrini who got 96 points from it the previous year. If he got the same points tally that year he could have won the League.

ReputationRep:

*Man Utd fan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuWill2001)

*Man Utd fan
    Thats what i think too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Arsenal
    2. Man City
    3. Man Utd
    4. Chelsea / Tottenham / Liverpool

COYG!!!

ReputationRep:
    I hope Leicester get relegated!

ReputationRep:
    1. Man City
    10. Chelsea
    20. Leicester
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Top 4: United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea
    Europa League: Spurs, Liverpool, Everton
    Relegated: Swansea, Burnley, Hull
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    I'm a little unsure on Hull finishing 20th. They have a better squad than two years ago and if they get Martinez - a manager who'll be able to get more out of them than Bruce. Players like Livermore and Huddlestone may excel as opposed to having deadwood like Meyler starting ahead of them. Their situation is precarious atm, but that's just the nature of the beast with the Allam's.
    It's probably that half their squad is dead and Bruce looked to have quit because he wasn't allowed to bring in replacements tbf.

Burnley to go down again, Dyche hasn't learnt a thing from two years ago - still whining about transfer fees and how little old Burnley can't compete financially with the big sides to distract from his recruitment network being utter doggo and based around signing bang-average championship players for more than they're worth. Reckon this is finally the year Sunderland slide as well, possibly just scraping it if Palace's collapse since christmas carries over.

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Spurs
    4. Arsenal
    5. Leicester
    6. Man Utd
    7. Liverpool
    8. West Ham
    9. Southampton
    10. Everton
    11. Stoke.
    12. Swansea
    13. Watford
    14. Middlesborough
    15. Bournemouth
    16. West Brom
    17. Crystal Palace
    18. Sunderland
    19. Hull
    20. Burnley
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Gaben)
    I hope Leicester get relegated!
    Is it just because you're such an irrelevant club these days that Vardy and Mahrez both shot you down without even talking to you, so they could be somewhere where a title is a possibility?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Top 4: United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea
    No bias detected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Is it just because you're such an irrelevant club these days that Vardy and Mahrez both shot you down without even talking to you, so they could be somewhere where a title is a possibility?
    Funny, there still exist fans whose beliefs aren't in line with that of the board overall. The Arsenal board are in "take and go" mode at the moment, Arsene is the only one with any desire but because of the board, all that he can do is stave off "relegation" from Europe... (but once it happens, it's league relegation next season, groundshare with Charlton the season after that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Irrelevant?

Can't be irrelevant if you've finished in the top 4 for 20 years, and are the third most successful football club in the EPL. Enjoy your premier league title, because that's the only one that Leicester will win. Leicester will be in a relegation battle next year, particularly as you've sold your best player (N'Golo Kante).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Gaben)
    Irrelevant?

Can't be irrelevant if you've finished in the top 4 for 20 years, and are the third most successful football club in the EPL. Enjoy your premier league title, because that's the only one that Leicester will win. Leicester will be in a relegation battle next year, particularly as you've sold your best player (N'Golo Kante).
    Never do anything to impact in the top four though. You're basically a bit of a bigger version of West Brom or Sunderland. Just sort of there, making up the numbers but never offering anything near a title challenge.

Still more titles than Arsenal will win in the next 20 years tbf.

Kante wasn't our best player - very good player but it's Mahrez and Vardy who do the damage; and so far Amartey is looking like a good possible replacement.

ReputationRep:
    Champions League
    1 - Manchester City
    2 - Arsenal
    3 - Manchester United
    4 - Chelsea

Europa League
    5 - Tottenham
    6 - Liverpool
    7 - Everton

Mid Table
    8 - Leicester
    9 - West Ham
    10 - Stoke
    11 - Sunderland
    12 - Watford
    13 - Crystal Palace

Relegation Battle
    14 - Middlesbrough
    15 - Bournemouth
    16 - Southampton
    17 - Burnley

Relegation
    18 - Swansea City
    19 - West Brom
    20 - Hull City

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.