Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A
    Maths, further maths, physics

Plus AS
    AB
    Chemistry, thinking skills

Wasnt that hard for me, but depends who you get on the interview. Professor interviewing me was pretty easy, others I heard asked quite tough questions. Math test was quite easy as well

Aeronautical eng.

ReputationRep:
    I basically 'got into' Imperial (for maths) since I put it as my insurance and made my offer but went to my firm.

I would say it wasn't particularly hard because I did terribly in the MAT (the admissions test) and they still gave me an offer. And the offer was standard (A*A*A) and so was very easy to meet.

Don't know about for other subjects though. But doesn't seem nearly as hard to get into as Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    I basically 'got into' Imperial (for maths) since I put it as my insurance and made my offer but went to my firm.

I would say it wasn't particularly hard because I did terribly in the MAT (the admissions test) and they still gave me an offer. And the offer was standard (A*A*A) and so was very easy to meet.

Don't know about for other subjects though. But doesn't seem nearly as hard to get into as Oxbridge.
    Putting an A*A*A offer as insurance... man that was risky isn't it?
    If you missed your firm then you would have missed your insurance as well:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ML8020)
    Putting an A*A*A offer as insurance... man that was risky isn't it?
    If you missed your firm then you would have missed your insurance as well:eek:
    Nah it wasn't risky - if I wasn't 100% sure I'd make it I wouldn't put it as my insurance. I was 100% I'd make my firm offer anyway, but that's because it shouldn't have been my firm; it should've been very much so an insurance.

ReputationRep:
    guys i got 5 a's and 6 b's at gcse and i want to study bioxhem. do i have a chance???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.