Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My girlfriend didn't tell me that she loves me yesterday... Does that mean she doesn' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    23 year old boning a 17 year old

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-cont...er-640x400.jpg

ReputationRep:
    She shouldn't have to say it everyday and you can't force her to.

Simple example - I love my parents, I don't tell them daily, I don't even think I tell them weekly.. they usually just get it written in a card but that doesn't mean I dont love them - I show my feelings through actions by doing stuff for them, like buying my mum flowers for no reason etc.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months - we HAVE met and we see each other every week, we've never said "I love you", it by no means means that I don't care about him or that he should be worried.

You cant force someone to say I love you and be cheesy and lovey dovey everyday - relationships in the real world just dont work that way. You need to work on your insecurities because otherwise you will push her away with your needyness. You also need to work on trusting her - your posts arent indicating very high levels of trust.

Take a step back, evaluate yourself and the situation, look at it from her perspective (someone nagging her to be loved) and just stop overthinking.

Good luck OP

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Emily.97;66639206]
    (Original post by 311iswuv)
    As I said in my last thread my girlfriend and I are in a LDR.

I text her that she's beautiful, that she's important and that I love her everyday.

Sometimes when she texts me she just says "Hey."

It makes me feel like I'm not important to her...

Yesterday I texted her "Good morning, You have no idea how much I love you..."

She replied with "Morning, baby."

I don't understand why she does this...

Other times I text her other romantic things and she replies to one thing but ignores the romantic thing I tell her...

I've spoken to her about this and she's told me that she likes my affection and she doesn't ever want to lose my love...

I don't know what to do... I feel like I can't be romantic to her as I may get ignored...[/QUOT

Well, maybe she doesn't love you yet. How long have you been together?

Every one communicates in different ways- some just say "hey" because that's the way they talk to people, it doesn't mean anything bad, necessarily. You can't force these things and expect too much too soon, just see how it goes and communicate your thoughts to her.
    She does love me, she told me first. We've been together for over two months.

Whenever she just says "hey" it makes me feel like I'm not important.
    I don't understand why she isn't being romantic and very affectionate to me... I thought she would be like this from day one...I've been affectionate and romantic from day one.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=311iswuv;66646716]
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    She does love me, she told me first. We've been together for over two months.

Whenever she just says "hey" it makes me feel like I'm not important.
    I don't understand why she isn't being romantic and very affectionate to me... I thought she would be like this from day one...I've been affectionate and romantic from day one.
    Some people just aren't affectionate, it's just the way they are. If you're concerned talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Emily.97;66647328]
    (Original post by 311iswuv)

Some people just aren't affectionate, it's just the way they are. If you're concerned talk to her.
    She told me that she's worried that if she gets too close she'll get hurt.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=311iswuv;66667040]
    (Original post by Emily.97)

She told me that she's worried that if she gets too close she'll get hurt.
    There we go then- that answers your question.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.