Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by royals4ever)
    I'll be there too- just in the away end

Had a Reading Season Ticket for 6 years (but been going for 11 years now)- cost me £345 this year... i much preferred the prices (and the football in general) in the Football League...
    How big is the price increase??? and is that an adult ticket you've got?

ReputationRep:
    I can't afford a season ticket, so I just worked there... and got to watch every game for free. (Admittedly, not the whole 90 minutes. :frown:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnboy91)
    How big is the price increase??? and is that an adult ticket you've got?

Well that's a concession price- it was about 200 back in the Championship. And for more games. But then again, up until "Reading got good", I was getting child's tickets, rather than 16-21 ones. Back in Division Two, i got a season ticket for £100. And that included membership in the Young Royals.

Now i've got Premiership prices, they've scrapped the young royals, so i 'have' to pay £10 a year for the Supporters Club, and the football really isn't much better. The so-called 'Promised Land' of the Premiership isn't all it's cracked up to be. Reading will never compete with the Big 4, and the best we can now hope for is mid-table mediocrity. I'd take being back in the Football League anyday; i'd much rather that than turn into Charlton.

EDIT- hadn't finished what i had to say :p:

Oh, and my dad's got the adult season ticket, costing about £500. For him and my brothers and I to go to see Reading this year it's costing almost one and a half grand. The year we won the Championship (106 points , it was £800 for the four of us). Back in Division Two we paid about £500. The price hikes aren't justified....

ReputationRep:
    I do - for the South Stand at Pittodrie (Aberdeen Football Club)

£274 - not cheap for this level of football.

ReputationRep:
    really cant afford one for chelsea (or woking) - im a uni student at portsmouth, so not only will i have to buy the tickets i'll have to get transport every sat/sun when tbh i would rather be working and earning the cash instead

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the waiting list for an ST at Liverpool - there are none in my family so by the time I could afford one (2005/6) I just had to go on the waiting list. Got to 17 last season and i'm hoping to do 20+ this season off general sale, this means early wake ups for all the champions league games and working on weeknights but to get to the games its worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Have been a season ticket of a club or another for the last 12years or so. This year I have plumbed for a Woking FC at £60. I still plan to get to about 8 Leicester home games, 12 or so away. 5 Lincoln City home games and 5 away. 2-3 Hearts games.

should be a fun season.

ReputationRep:
    I was a West Brom season ticket-holder previously but haven't renewed despite uni meaning I'm actually closer. It isn't that we're in the Championship, it's just that I expect to have other things to do with my Saturdays so I'd prefer to pick and choose which games to go to this season. It's a good deal for the ticket, mind - the initial offer was £200 for students at either end.

ReputationRep:
    I do!! Bolton Wanderers!! Had a season ticket from when I was 9 till 16, then I got a Saturday job so my mum took my ticket and I just went to the Sunday and night matches.
    Getting it back this year as I'm going to Manchester Uni so it's not much of a trek back home.
    Only reason I can afford it though is because my birthday's in August so it's a birthday present hehe.

ReputationRep:
    I have my own season ticket, as does my dad, although he doesnt do away games so I use that seasie to buy away tickets for mates. (for Man City)

Had the tickets since 1998/1999 season, so about 7/8 years now?

I'm 23 now, and from the ages of 18 to 22, I was working full time and wasn't at University, so I attended all the home games, and the vast majority of aways. I think I only missed about 6 games total in 4 seasons (missed none in the league, and the ones I missed were either league cup away replays midweek etc). Last year at Uni I still travelled from Hull to Manchester for most of the home games and got to at least 10 away games.

The advantage of my season ticket is that it operates a loyalty point scheme, where the higher the number of points you have, the sooner you can get away game tickets - which means I can get Man United away tickets via the club, and not touts. Thus meaning even though I cant really afford it I keep my season tickets on as losing those points would mean over 10 grand has gone to waste (tickets, travel, beer, food etc)

ReputationRep:
    ive had a pompey ST for the last 3 seasons. its me, me mum, nan + grandad and my uncle. it a big family outing every week lol. wouldnt give it up for anything!

ReputationRep:
    i have one with sheffield united on the kop , 220 bit much for a ST for a 16 year old but still cant wait for season to begin

ReputationRep:
    I share a portsmouth season ticket with my two brothers, because I'm at uni most of the time so I couldn't go to all the games.

ReputationRep:
    I've had one at Swindon since 2002, but had to give it up this season due to moving away for uni :mad: .

ReputationRep:
    Not got a Celtic season ticket, but considering getting one now I'm a student. Get a £150 discount as a student and there's no time like the present

Otherwise I will hopefully get to a few matches since I am going to Strathclyde Uni, maybe go to a few Champions League games as well after last night's result.

ReputationRep:
    :p: I have a season Ticket for Crewe Alexandra..In the "Loud Stand" as the other people call it..."AB Nutrition Stand"!

Cost me £82 as a student,which for a good League One team is a good price! Been going since I was 5ish but only the last 3 seasons have I got really into it..!

Despite going to all the home games,and many away games 2005/2006 seasons,never had a season ticket until last season,and I havent looked back since!

Go to all games:home and away!I know it will change when I go off to uni,but its only 20 mins on the train,so back for home games and the away games I choose!

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see some Crewe fans - Dario Gradi is an absolute legend.

Welcome to :tsr: Laura. :wavey: Have a good time and enjoy your stay.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle United £583. This is my 7th season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Nice to see some Crewe fans - Dario Gradi is an absolute legend.

Welcome to :tsr: Laura. :wavey: Have a good time and enjoy your stay.
    Thank you..What a lovely welcome

I do have to agree that Dario is a ledge!He is brilliant and such a decent chap too! Well when I have spoken to him he has always been polite and only to happy to help..He helped me get into uni possibly by giving me information for my PE Coursework so very grateful to him!

Hes not manager anymore though,he is "Technical Director" meaning he tells players where to stand,and what to do but doesnt pick the team.Steve Holland,our Youth Team Coach is now the First Team Coach,but Im sure Dario still does as much,if not more standing on the sidelines and shouting as he used to!:cool:

ReputationRep:
    No worries. :top2: If you need any help at all, please feel free to ask.

He helped you with your coursework! :eek: His work in the English game itself is drastically - and sadly - underrated. We could do with more coaches like him embedded in the F.A. Technical setup on a regular basis - as soon as guys like him come along, we seem stupidly adept at letting them pass by again. :mad:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.