Turn on thread page Beta
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    The pettiness of some people here to mock someone for not getting a job in real life highlights my problem with the entire house. Why must you resort to cheap, irrelevant shots? We all know that this is a game, it isn't real and when we log off we go back to the real world! I'm all for fun debates but I think mentioning a persons status in real life is so rude and uncalled for. Its petty, embarrassing and also uncomfortable! Instead of making childlike remarks, why don't camp A argue why the government should be dissolved and why don't camp B argue why the government shouldn't be dissolved? Stop acting like children!
    Firstly, this isn't the real world!? I think I may need to get off my laptop at some point...!
    And secondly, the actual MoNC has already been debated... there are no new reasons for them launching another, so there's really not much to debate here.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    The pettiness of some people here to mock someone for not getting a job in real life highlights my problem with the entire house. Why must you resort to cheap, irrelevant shots? We all know that this is a game, it isn't real and when we log off we go back to the real world! I'm all for fun debates but I think mentioning a persons status in real life is so rude and uncalled for. Its petty, embarrassing and also uncomfortable! Instead of making childlike remarks, why don't camp A argue why the government should be dissolved and why don't camp B argue why the government shouldn't be dissolved? Stop acting like children!
    I told you pettiness was the norm, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Can Joel second this given he isn't an MP?

Anyway back to what I said originally, is there much choice really in such a vote when it comes to either voting for the tories or against them.

Also final comment I think the speaker was correct to allow this to go ahead, lets put the talk of unconstitutional to the bar or the speaker's thread or somewhere else and get back on the topic of the MoNC. And should any action be taken against the Speaker I shall vote against in any VoNC in Fez's speakership
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Yes as he's a proxy, but when the permanent MP returns they have the right to withdraw the name.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I just don't have time for your **** any more, quack. :dontknow:
    I'm so very sorry to hear that. You do need to come up with some more original nicknames too. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Anyway back to what I said originally, is there much choice really in such a vote when it comes to either voting for the tories or against them.

Also final comment I think the speaker was correct to allow this to go ahead, lets put the talk of unconstitutional to the bar or the speaker's thread or somewhere else and get back on the topic of the MoNC. And should any action be taken against the Speaker I shall vote against in any VoNC in Fez's speakership
    I believe you are aware that this ‘SoggyCabbages’ changed your location over at Petros's wiki to “Ray's *******”. Well, this is obviously why, and now it's Fez's as well. :rolleyes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Yes as he's a proxy, but when the permanent MP returns they have the right to withdraw the name.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Except when the perm comes back it doesn't matter whether they chose to remove the name or not, it is either no MP or a non MP, either way, counts for zilch

ReputationRep:
    FWIW I don't mind Nigel mocking my lack of success so far, not to say there isn't a problem with lack of sensitivity elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I believe you are aware that this ‘SoggyCabbages’ changed your location over at Petros's wiki to “Ray's *******”. Well, this is obviously why, and now it's Fez's as well. :rolleyes:
    It was an internal joke which we all had a good laugh at in the subforum.

Anyway I simply think it is petty and vindictive if a MoNC was called in Fez over this, there was, is, clearly a disagreement between members over what the GD says, and Fez as per his job has given a ruling. I don't think you would see TDA calling for consequences if Fez had ruled the other way.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It was an internal joke which we all had a good laugh at in the subforum.

Anyway I simply think it is petty and vindictive if a MoNC was called in Fez over this, there was, is, clearly a disagreement between members over what the GD says, and Fez as per his job has given a ruling. I don't think you would see TDA calling for consequences if Fez had ruled the other way.
    TDA had no absolute basis is his assessment either, especially with the precedent running against him. There is no point in a constitution if it is simply going to be ignored.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Well this is exciting.

Lol'd at hazzer trying to absolve himself as if it was never his idea. :laugh: He's either lying or weak enough to get forced to propose (not even just second) a motion he didn't want to.

ReputationRep:
    I admit you have a point but I guess we just can't decide which came first, the chicken or the egg?
    Given you're trying to have a VoNC thrown out on a constituition technicality because you're so afraid you're going to lose it, I really would be staying away from the chicken analogies if I were you!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Given you're trying to have a VoNC thrown out on a constituition technicality because you're so afraid you're going to lose it, I really would be staying away from the chicken analogies if I were you!
    Feel free to put forward an amendment abolishing the constitution, it seems somewhat superfluous right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Feel free to put forward an amendment abolishing the constitution, it seems somewhat superfluous right now.
    S will not put forward an amendment to abolish the Constitution, nor will his party because the Labour Party rely on protection from the rules from the Labour Speaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    S will not put forward an amendment to abolish the Constitution, nor will his party because the Labour Party rely on protection from the rules from the Labour Speaker.
    Well, more to the point I'm not an MP, and it was a joke anyway. But Fez has applied common sense here and I fully expect he would do the same were Labour in Government (most of the time, in other words )

ReputationRep:
    Really Nigel, you're being that petty...

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing else for them to fall back on Kay_Winters .

ReputationRep:
    TDA had no absolute basis is his assessment either, especially with the precedent running against him. There is no point in a constitution if it is simply going to be ignored.
    No notifications currently so missed this. From what I gathered the precedent applied to a previous version, and happened only once, both of which make the precedent rather shaky and therefore really open to interpretation by the sitting speaker. I won't claim to have followed every post, but that is what I gathered
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Well, more to the point I'm not an MP, and it was a joke anyway. But Fez has applied common sense here and I fully expect he would do the same were Labour in Government (most of the time, in other words )
    So ignoring the constitution unambiguously is "common sense"

ReputationRep:
    3 separate pieces of evidence for that unconnected to this VoNC, please.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.