Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else hate curry? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    RIP you missed out

To OP, curry is amazing in all it's forms FOH with the complaints

You're obviously not Asian, homemade curry is exceptionally macro friendly, the sauce is just typically spices with minimal fat and especially considering most of the plate is just rice. I don't usually cut on curry but it's perfect for a lean bulk.
    But I am Asian, shocking I know. Asian cuisine is full of carbs, rotis, rice, a bit of meat and veg (or just veg if you are Indian). I don't think it is macro friendly at all.

You would be far better of lean bulking on steaks, fish, eggs and good carbs like sweet potato and oats. Most Asian men have dirty pot bellies, courtesy of their Asian diets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    But I am Asian, shocking I know. Asian cuisine is full of carbs, rotis, rice, a bit of meat and veg (or just veg if you are Indian). I don't think it is macro friendly at all.

You would be far better of lean bulking on steaks, fish, eggs and good carbs like sweet potato and oats. Most Asian men have dirty pot bellies, courtesy of their Asian diets.
    What do you think rice is? Rice is fine for carbs, do some research mate, sweet potato has nothing over them bar Vitamin A and some other micros. And no I wouldn't be 'far better', perhaps very marginally better. [email protected]

Don't know about you but at my house I'm not forced to only have a bit of meat and veg on the plate. Sucks to be you.

ReputationRep:
    I eat curry everyday. I find it almost impossible to make food that doesn't taste like curry. Even when I make something like pasta it ends up tasting like curry!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    the smell is what lures me in so when i am hungry i enjoy the smell. but yeah it would annoy me if i had to smell it all day every day. my friend is south asian and her house stinks of curry every time i go there. its suffocating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    What do you think rice is? Rice is fine for carbs, do some research mate, sweet potato has nothing over them bar Vitamin A and some other micros. And no I wouldn't be 'far better', perhaps very marginally better. [email protected]

Don't know about you but at my house I'm not forced to only have a bit of meat and veg on the plate. Sucks to be you.
    Yes eggs are pretty nice.

Who is saying you are forced to eat anything? That's quite random of you to say. Why would it suck to be me? I have steaks, fish, eggs, veg and other goodies most days. I've got a rather nice diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    I eat curry everyday. I find it almost impossible to make food that doesn't taste like curry. Even when I make something like pasta it ends up tasting like curry!
    Probably because you put a tablespoon of garam masala and chilli powder into everything you cook, like my grandmother and my mum.

ReputationRep:
    No. I cant eat without curry

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.