Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnknownDude)
    Live your life the way you want to. Most importantly, be grateful. There's tons of people out there whose parents would never in a million years accept their child's decision to leave the religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And me being from a non-religious family, I am trying my best to empathize with them. I mean it must be so hard. I wish everyone can just be so accepting of everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exmuslim105)
    And me being from a non-religious family, I am trying my best to empathize with them. I mean it must be so hard. I wish everyone can just be so accepting of everyone.
    I'm glad your family are more open minded than others.
    After all, we all are human beings. So we've got to respect each others decisions. Just do what you think is right, remember people around you (as you've made this decision) would want you to live a miserable life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have been in your position quite a while ago. Just concentrate on finding a purpose for life if you don't already have one, if you do then follow it unhinged or hindered by thoughts and fantasies of things which does not exist, i.e. god.
    Feel free to contact me if you wish, or join us at the Ex-Muslims forum.

Oh, and welcome to the party, enlightened person.

ReputationRep:
    Why does anything need to be "next"?

ReputationRep:
    So I came to a long and rational decision that Islam is not for me. I came out to my family a few months back and everything is settling down now. Though it was big news and a lot of people were calling me.

Anyone else in the same position?
    Hey, first of all I admire your bravery for taking this decision. I can relate in a way being living in a muslim family that is not intertwined with my beliefs. Guilt tripping is a common tactic, good that you're not letting that get to you. If you need anyone to talk to I'm here, no worries Just live your life now, how you want it. You certainly don't need religion to construct your morals & be a good person. Best wishes for the future!

ReputationRep:
    According to Sharia, you ought to be executed.

ReputationRep:
    what next? lol didn't you think that far ahead?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing really. Just wait until you die I suppose?

Or you could
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I'm expecting to see pics of you on liveleak soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Make39kButNoHoes)
    I'm expecting to see pics of you on liveleak soon
    asjfldhshgaioerlksfaeon LMAO

ReputationRep:
    Hinduism is your original religion and your ancestors were forced, on pain of death, to convert.

Re-embrace your ancestral religion and achieve the beauty that your ancestors did Hinduism is the ancient religion of our People, and I hope that you come to it one day.

ReputationRep:
    So I came to a long and rational decision that Islam is not for me. I came out to my family a few months back and everything is settling down now. Though it was big news and a lot of people were calling me.

If you don't mind me asking why, did you decide to leave?

ReputationRep:

Hi,
    this is very interesting, what made you leave Islam?
    And as you still believe in God, have u thought about just praying to him to find out who the true God really is?

Because i mean you can search and search to fill that void within you, but the only one that can truly fill you with inner peace is Jesus Christ. He loves you so much.
    He is true love.
    Seek and ye shall find XD
    Jesus bless you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikaela!)
    the only one that can truly fill you with inner peace is Jesus Christ. He loves you so much.
    from the frying pan to the fire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    from the frying pan to the fire
    An example of christian love at it's finest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7607YiBso

ReputationRep:
    Hashtag firullah you infidel, i have to execute you ya allah nauzubillah. Just kidding. Im an ex muslim too. I am atheist and cant come out to my parents at the moment. My mother suffered a lot in life and she is a really innocent person, i dont wanna hurt her feelings telling her that i dont believe in God

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.Nietzsche)
    Best of luck in your endeavours. Have fun exploring!
    You have a good nickname but your profie pic is disgusting. Seriously, do you really want to associate Nietszche's name with this as****e?

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be posters saying "backwards", "judgemental" and so on about why you left islam. I am a Muslim and educated and also fulfil my religous priorities and see no clash with western values. Anyway which western values we talking about? The ones you like to think you have adopted or the ones of colonialist war mongering theiving individuals who represent you like Tony Blair and George Bush and many other such people like across history.

(Original post by Has_786)
    There seems to be posters saying "backwards", "judgemental" and so on about why you left islam. I am a Muslim and educated and also fulfil my religous priorities and see no clash with western values. Anyway which western values we talking about? The ones you like to think you have adopted or the ones of colonialist war mongering theiving individuals who represent you like Tony Blair and George Bush
    I love how you ended this; after reading your opening, one might be forgiven for thinking that you feel strongly about nuance. :rolleyes:

and many other such people like across history.
    Like a great many Muslim caliphs and Muhammad himself.

ReputationRep:
    I sympathise for you I hope you return to islam again
    May Allah guide you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.