Turn on thread page Beta

He broke up with me because I wouldn't have s*x on my period watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Good riddance to bad rubbish!
    Who does he think he is? Getting angry at you for saying no to him, total jerk...hope you told him to do one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I'm sorry to hear about the break up.

To me, it sounds like he's being very unreasonable tbh if he's not willing to be patient with you.*
    Ummm some people claim such boy can also suffer mentally from a sex adiction wich then in the end makes him loose a nice and friendly girl, so he is selfharming,,,

well that's a fine how do you do

ReputationRep:
    Good.

Because you deserve better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is so embarrassing and I feel so confused.
    So I'm a late bloomer and only got my period when I turned 18 (me and him had began dating before I got my period)
    I honestly feel so gross during the 5 days I'm on and don't feel up for doing anything physical at all. He got mad at me because I refused to have sex even though he insisted a condom will prevent any nastiness but it just felt so wrong for me.
    He kept getting so mad each time I'd be on my period and last night broke up with me because I started while at his house and on a date (I didn't expect it as my periods fluctuate a lot)
    Is this a reasonable reason? Do girls usually feel up to it on their period because the thought of it makes me feel sick and I'm so sad he broke up with me over something I find so petty.

Awwww I'm really sorry to hear that.
    Don't worry , he broke up with you because he wanted sex , and because you refused . But in a relationship it's not only about sex . And personally I hate that as most guys "not all" thinks this . It just shows he was not worth it and you will find someone better than him in the future that will be happy with what you are and will love you for it . And will understand you .

ReputationRep:
    It's clear that he only wanted you for sex and therefore, good riddance. You can happily move on with your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why these types of threads are made. Somebody broke up with you because for whatever reason, you wouldn't have sex with them. They are a ****/immature etc and aren't worth it. What else do you want to be told?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    So I'm a late bloomer and only got my period when I turned 18 (me and him had began dating before I got my period)
    I honestly feel so gross during the 5 days I'm on and don't feel up for doing anything physical at all. He got mad at me because I refused to have sex even though he insisted a condom will prevent any nastiness but it just felt so wrong for me.
    He kept getting so mad each time I'd be on my period and last night broke up with me because I started while at his house and on a date (I didn't expect it as my periods fluctuate a lot)
    Is this a reasonable reason? Do girls usually feel up to it on their period because the thought of it makes me feel sick and I'm so sad he broke up with me over something I find so petty.
    He's an idiot, forget about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by okey)
    how do you know she can do better
    I don't know. But, most people are decent human beings (unlike her current boyfriend). Assuming she is one of this majority, she should be able to get a nice partner.

ReputationRep:

Is he Dracula ?

ReputationRep:
    That is RIDICULOUS! Please tell me you won't get back with him, seeing as he clearly can't accept the fact that you are allowed to make your own decisions about what you want to do with your body. The same thing would apply if you wanted to try period sex and he didn't, you accept the person saying 'no' and get on with it, doing something that you're BOTH comfortable with. What an a-hole!
    You have every right to say no to whatever it is he is asking for, period sex being one of them. It is YOUR body, and if a partner can't accept that, you shouldn't put yourself through the pain of being with someone like that! He is seemingly still an immature little boy who seems to think that a females body belongs to them, and gets his ego bruised at the word 'no'.
    It is most certainly NOT a reasonable reason! It's different for different girls, some girls get more turned on around the time of their period, so they want to have sex then, others get turned on but refuse to have sex, and other girls just are completely grossed out by the idea, there really isn't a 'normal' option, because it's different for all! Wish you all the best in finding a respectable partner x

ReputationRep:
    I was joking about Dracula comment but seriously maybe he has a fetish for fanny blood
    He's clearly a **** and maybe it's for the best because he is very immature and insensitive. It's a stupid reason to break up with someone but if you really like him that much you should tell him you both need to talk then explain how it makes you feel like **** to do it on your period and if he is still unsympathetic give him an earful about what a douche bag he is
    I hope if he meets someone else that every woman he meets also refuse to have sex with him on their periods too, that would be karma
    If you do get back with him make sure you avoid seeing him while your're on your period or at least the first 3 days when it is heavier.

Maybe you should go to your doctor to discuss getting the pill as this stops periods but when i was on it it made me put on so much weight but after 9 months i had to come off it because it was making me fat but when i came off it i lost the weight but if the pill did not make me put weight on i would be on it for life because i hate having periods. I discussed with my doctor about an implant in my arm to stop periods but she said it might not stop them and it could give me cancer so i did not bother. Or years ago my periods were really heavy so the doctor gave me tablets to reduce the heaviness and it worked for a long time but when it became heavier again the doctor gave me tablets called Mefanamic. This helps to stop period pain but i'm not sure if it was to reduce heavy periods too as i can't remember the name of the first tablets he gave me that stopped the heaviness but i know Mefanamic did not, they just help to stop the pain but maybe they will work for someone else so ask your doctor for that and one's to reduce heaviness if your suffering from that too
    I have a new doctor now so i'm going to ask for different tablets that reduce heavy periods because i can never go on the pill again becahse although i lost the weight after wards i never lost all of it and it is very hard to lose it completely so that's the only thing that pissed me off about the pill other wise i loved being on it before the weight piled on because It gave me so much freedom and i never had to worry about nasty periods

And when he gets angry that you don't want to do it you should tell him he's not normal

ReputationRep:
    what an *******, it's 5 days... anyone can go 5 days without sex, it's not a big deal... regardless of normal he should respect your wishes and not want to have sex with someone who feels ill/doesn't want to

as far as normality I'm pretty sure the majority of people don't have sex during their period, some people do and don't care but there's certainly enough who don't that it shouldn't be an 'expectation'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I can't really go any further into this story, but it was a happy ending after all lol.
    I hope that's not because it could be admissible in a court of law

ReputationRep:
    That is ****ing ridiculous. Be glad you're not with him and you'll realise this when you find someone who loves you enough to respect your body.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He'l learn eventually, if you are telling the whole truth he did you a favour by leaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChargingStag)
    I hope that's not because it could be admissible in a court of law
    More that it would just become too crude and awkward.

ReputationRep:
    The man is a ********.

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** would want their male instrument wallowing in a sea of blood and other... vaginal material during sex? Jesus Christ your boyfriend was a weirdo - count your lucky blessings that you got away from him in time.

ReputationRep:
    What an idiot. No offence to you. 😁 You deserve better. Move on ☺️ ❤️

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.