Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    kaiserfranzgirl, as in kaiser chiefs, franz ferdinand, they are really not what i'd call indie but hey. Don't think i'm being mean though i know exactly what you're saying i'm just disliking your music taste!lol

I'd look at myself as a big indie fan but it doesn't affect my clothing choice ridiculously, i try not to look like one of the asses from a street corner, i don't wear converse because i think alot of people wear them just to fit in with a crowd.

To the OP, just wear a pair of jeans and whatever you feel comfortable, be INDEPENDENT in your choice and at least then you will be fulfilling the true essence of indie i guess!

ReputationRep:
    Leave it out guys... people grow out of stuff when they're ready.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlaystationStudies)
    So true. We're only bitter cos' we wish we were 17 again, sneaking into bars, wearing stupid blazers/70's ties/calling ourselves 'indie' and pretending to be individuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbv2005)
    kaiserfranzgirl, as in kaiser chiefs, franz ferdinand, they are really not what i'd call indie but hey. Don't think i'm being mean though i know exactly what you're saying i'm just disliking your music taste!lol

I'd look at myself as a big indie fan but it doesn't affect my clothing choice ridiculously, i try not to look like one of the asses from a street corner, i don't wear converse because i think alot of people wear them just to fit in with a crowd.

To the OP, just wear a pair of jeans and whatever you feel comfortable, be INDEPENDENT in your choice and at least then you will be fulfilling the true essence of indie i guess!
    thanks thats really helpful. I do need to stop being obsessed with indie stuff and just wear what I like, which is kinda what i've been doing more recently. I used to wear blue converse but now i wear white with black spots and red laces, not seen anyone else wearing them! I guess I was rebelling against the pink girly stuff I used to wear before. I just kinda wanted my own style, I was fed up of keeping up with the crowd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlaystationStudies)
    I am starting to grow out of it I was talking from my head before, I've been an idiot lol

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself and the nice person i'm sure you are and you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Theres been a bit of chat about converses in this thread; am I the only one who finds that they look ridiculous? I don't mean to offend anyone, each to there own 'n all that but I find them very very ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in my country there is problem)
    Theres been a bit of chat about converses in this thread; am I the only one who finds that they look ridiculous? I don't mean to offend anyone, each to there own 'n all that but I find them very very ugly.
    Oh, I hate Chucks with a passion. You're not alone.

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks for all the help on here guys!!

N yea i kinda agree bout the converse, i swear they make everyones feet look like a million times bigger than they are

x

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah they can make the dinkiest feet look like clown feet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaiserFranzGirl)
    I'm indie
    lolzer

ReputationRep:
    devotion to music

and I'm not afraid of who i am.
    *cringe*

ReputationRep:
    I don't like mainstream taste.
    Oh, of course, I mean Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs & co aren't mainstream pop at all these days.

You like 'indie'. Just like everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly-AT)
    Oh, of course, I mean Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs & co aren't mainstream pop at all these days.

You like 'indie'. Just like everyone else.
    A triple-whammy of disillutionment! But cmon, she's hardly going to go away and start listening to Battles or Liars, is she..

ReputationRep:
    To the O.P: Just go to TopShop you'll find loads of 'indie' clothes there. Or alternatively, don't bother, save your money and wear what you already have/feel comfortable in.

ReputationRep:
    tbh id say someone who dresses stereotypically indie has a more creative and interesting fashion sense than someone who just dresses in jeans and a t-shirt every day.

FranzGirl is adorable, leave her alone and stop being so judgemental.

I dont see why everyone has to grow up and act all sensible. Im almost 20 and i wear a leather jacket, skinnies or levis and some form of stupid scarf, sunglasses etc most days I'd never judge someone on how they dress, id judge them on what they say to me personally.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ I think you miss the point. Well at least from my posts anyway. It was the general pretentious proclamation of "GUYS GUYS, look at me, indie kid over here, I got the style" etc that I found a bit embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Im almost 20 and i wear a leather jacket
    :eek: !

skinnies or levis and some form of stupid scarf
    :eek::eek: !!

sunglasses etc most days
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :e11ek: :eek: !
    :eek: :eek: ! :eek: 1! :eek: :eek:
    !!!

You rebel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly-AT)
    ^^ I think you miss the point. Well at least from my posts anyway. It was the general pretentious proclamation of "GUYS GUYS, look at me, indie kid over here, I got the style" etc that I found a bit embarrassing.
    okay I forgive you. But only because you have pineapples as one of your interests on your profile like me :p:

(Original post by Insincere Dave)
    (Original post by halfoflesstha 50p)
    (and i wear) sunglasses most days
    :eek: :eek: :e11ek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !
    :eek: :eek: ! :eek:
    !!
    You Rebel

haha

You kinda took that out of context. Im just saying, from what ive read here alot of TSR users probably think skinny jeans make me look like a stick insect, stupid sunglasses make me look like a nu-rave prick and a stupid scarf makes me look like a pretentious art student.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.