The Student Room Group

I think I hear voices and I am scared

Scroll to see replies

Randy Orton anyone?
UPDATE: Well the gp done nothing he just said it will get better with time
Original post by Anonymous

Did he suggest any coping mechanisms? Could you try seeing a different GP in the same practice? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Did he suggest any coping mechanisms? Could you try seeing a different GP in the same practice? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He didn't do anything. I don't know if I will be able to speak to anyone, anytime soon because it took me ages to actually convince myself to speak to my gp and it was very hard to describe everything.
Reply 44
He didn't do anything. I don't know if I will be able to speak to anyone, anytime soon because it took me ages to actually convince myself to speak to my gp and it was very hard to describe everything.

As I said before, try writing this all down . The GP can only work with what you give them. I know it's difficult, but for your own long-term health, please get your feelings down on paper; then show him/her that.

G
Reply 45

I often find writing **** down helps - when I saw my GP about it, I didn't even say anything, just made him read the lyrics. He took it seriously then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G.name
As I said before, try writing this all down . The GP can only work with what you give them. I know it's difficult, but for your own long-term health, please get your feelings down on paper; then show him/her that.

G

Original post by Andy98
I often find writing **** down helps - when I saw my GP about it, I didn't even say anything, just made him read the lyrics. He took it seriously then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay I will try and write it down from now on

Please do give it another go, taking in written notes with you. I find it hard to vocalise stuff too but honestly, sometimes they do take it more seriously when it's written down. It's somehow more stark and worrying that way :eek:

It is sad that the GP you saw wasn't willing to listen properly but it's worth trying all the GPs in your practice. Sadly with the NHS, perseverance is the key, even if we feel like giving up :sadnod:
Sounds like a good idea :yes: If you have any questions about voice hearing, do feel free to ask me here or to PM me (won't tell anyone who you are, dw!). I've heard voices for over 20 years now, from the age of 5 onwards :yes:

:0 Isn't voice hearing a potential symptom of mental illness?
Original post by Juichiro
:0 Isn't voice hearing a potential symptom of mental illness?

It is indeed! :yes: It's quite widely known on TSR that I suffer from severe mental health issues - did you not know that?! :tongue:
It is indeed! :yes: It's quite widely known on TSR that I suffer from severe mental health issues - did you not know that?! :tongue:

Nope :tongue: So, are you mildly schizophrenic?
Original post by Juichiro
Nope :tongue: So, are you mildly schizophrenic?

I've been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, depressive type. Put crudely, it's a combination of both schizophrenia and bipolar :headfire: You can read more about it here, if you're interested: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/schizoaffective-disorder/#.V6XnMrgrK1s

The diagnosis is somewhat under review atm :yes: Voice hearing is my main symptom :yes:
Reply 52

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest