Glasgow Medical School Applicants for 2017 Entry

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkyone)
    that's true when I was applying I used my university's careers centre and they were great. But medic friends might actually be even better in giving you practical support and advice
    Definitely a resource I'll be using for interview prep (hopefully if I get any!) unfortunately they didn't provide a one to one service for personal statement s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when Glasgow start dishing out interviews/rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_Ayres13)
    Does anybody know when Glasgow start dishing out interviews/rejections?
    According to last year´s from it was around the 26th of November so be prepared to wait

rejections don´t seem to come out until march/april when uni´s need to meet their UCAS deadlines which i find quite harsh on the ones that don´t get interview invitations.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.
    Just want to ask if anyone has received some sort of welcoming email...
    I didn't apply for Glasgow when I submitted my application, and I replaced one of my choices with Glasgow, but I haven't received any message from them about my application---is this normal or there is something wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azusa)
    Hi there.
    Just want to ask if anyone has received some sort of welcoming email...
    I didn't apply for Glasgow when I submitted my application, and I replaced one of my choices with Glasgow, but I haven't received any message from them about my application---is this normal or there is something wrong?
    I didn't get a welcome email got one from all my other choices but not from glasgow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamly042)
    I didn't get a welcome email got one from all my other choices but not from glasgow
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamly042)
    same

ReputationRep:
    Acknowledgement email today

ReputationRep:
    I got my confirmation email today! So exciting!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know when they tell you if you've got an interview or not?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_liam123)
    Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know when they tell you if you've got an interview or not?

Thanks
    I think we're told around a week before the interviews, so most likely the beginning of December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any idea if Glasgow lets you choose what date or change it if you get an interview?

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll start giving out interviews from tommorow. Noone has received anything yet, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaphBruh)
    I think they'll start giving out interviews from tommorow. Noone has received anything yet, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I reckon they'll start sending interview invites over the next few days

Anyone know from previous years of Glasgow give out early rejections? Or do they tend to wait until March time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl)
    Yeah I reckon they'll start sending interview invites over the next few days

Anyone know from previous years of Glasgow give out early rejections? Or do they tend to wait until March time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year, they sent interviews and waited until january/february before sending rejections. I think they aren't rejected early, cuz they're on the waiting list.

Do you mind sharing your UKCAT and grades 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yah my friend at Glasgow told me on friday that someone at admissions said they would send out invites in the next 10 days

ReputationRep:
    They used to select the top 600-700 highest UKCAT students for an interview, but i think they changed that now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They used to select the top 600-700 highest UKCAT students for an interview, but i think they changed that now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've been told they now look at your application as a whole and score your PS before etc before they add on your UKCAT? I think in previous cycles they were more ukcat heavy but I could be wrong there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl)
    Yeah I've been told they now look at your application as a whole and score your PS before etc before they add on your UKCAT? I think in previous cycles they were more ukcat heavy but I could be wrong there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, i guess it's better for most students this way.
    What is your UKCAT score, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It really has not changed. I went to their open day and spoken to admissions there, if your grades pass their minimum requirements and your personal statement is decent, they just rank your ukcat. Probably not the best for everyone but it's what they do

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.