GLS training contract application

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetfordkid0)
    Hey guys, got an offer from the GLS last year and posted this in another thread that's probably buried - hope it's helpful for those of you currently in the process:
    very kind of you to re-post this. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I've made an application to the GLS this year and was really determined to do well in the psychometric tests. I don't know if I've passed my VR test, but I did some practice for the Critical Reasoning Test just in case as I'm going away on holiday.

Basically, I've been doing some practice over the last couple of says and feel like I'm not getting any better. On top of this, I've been trying to
    improve my scores for my Watson Glaser tests, but just can't. Is anyone else struggling to do well? I feel really disappointed because it seems like whatever I do, I can't get any better.

Sorry for the 'woe is me' post and wish you guys luck for your tests!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything? I'm constantly refreshing my emails. Not holding out much hope now. It's getting late...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galf)
    Has anyone heard anything? I'm constantly refreshing my emails. Not holding out much hope now. It's getting late...
    Same here. Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by divamk)
    Same here. Nothing.
    Aren't we meant to hear by 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbdb)
    Aren't we meant to hear by 2?
    where did you hear that? on their website it just says PM

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you the GLS let you know if you've been rejected after failing the VR test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law_hopeful2016)
    Does anyone know if you the GLS let you know if you've been rejected after failing the VR test?
    Yes. I've just spoken to them and they advised that they have not yet released any results. You will get an email regardless of whether you passed or failed.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I've just spoken to them and they advised that they have not yet released any results. You will get an email regardless of whether you passed or failed.
    Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose they gave you any idea of a time they were likely to know by, did they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawMe)
    I don't suppose they gave you any idea of a time they were likely to know by, did they?
    They didn't, no. They did say that they were experiencing delays checking that the results contained no errors though.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't managed to pass the VR test. Oh well, onwards and upwards! Will try again next year and practice these tests.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else heard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockingin1994)
    anyone else heard?
    Nope, I haven't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawMe)
    Nope, I haven't!
    same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law_hopeful2016)
    Didn't managed to pass the VR test. Oh well, onwards and upwards! Will try again next year and practice these tests.
    Same here 😢 need to practice for next year!

ReputationRep:
    Not heard anything either, but I think they send out invitations to next round then do the rejections... hopefully I'm wrong...

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nens21)
    Still waiting
    Me too! Has anyone had/heard of anyone with a positive response yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawMe)
    Me too! Has anyone had/heard of anyone with a positive response yet?
    I spoke to someone in recruitment earlier today (albeit, he didn't really seem to know what he was talking about as he said results would be out tomorrow and I had to correct him), but he said they usually inform unsuccessful candidates first, so if you're still waiting, it could be good news. Fingers crossed for you all. Good luck!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.