Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Theres something I don't understand about Tsr Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    fair enough, but nowadays people just come here to express how sad their life is instead, of talking about education, politics, drama etc
    I see what you mean, the population of wild trolls seems to be increasing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    My point is you're a hypocrite if you are in any way critiquing.
    i dont understand how im being a hypocrite, what did i say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M451)
    I see what you mean, the population of wild trolls seems to be increasing.
    lol that could be a possibility, but i can distinguish between troll posts and genuine ones
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    whys it like 90% of people on tsr, have : no friends, introverted, a nerd, or is a virgin.

I just dont understand why, is this what tsr appeals to for people?
    I assumed you were criticising people when this thread itself is a bit silly.

ReputationRep:
    I assumed you were criticising people when this thread itself is a bit silly.
    lol you still can not comprehend information?

im not criticising anybody or anything, did i say anything bad them? i am simply pointing out what ive observed on tsr and you cant deny that what i said is true to some extents
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    lol you still can not comprehend information?

im not criticising anybody or anything, did i say anything bad them? i am simply pointing out what ive observed on tsr and you cant deny that what i said is true to some extents
    I have no trouble comprehending information, thank you very much
    And, yep you were, as let's be honest, association with those categories are not exactly seen as the best thing ever in our culture. What can you not understand about that?

ReputationRep:
    I have no trouble comprehending information, thank you very much
    And, yep you were, as let's be honest, association with those categories are not exactly seen as the best thing ever in our culture. What can you not understand about that?
    maybe their not the best thing, but did i explicitly or implicitly criticize them or anyone ? i simply made a statment which I wanted to know why the reason was, so stop assuming things
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    maybe their not the best thing, but did i explicitly or implicitly criticize them or anyone ? i simply made a statment which I wanted to know why the reason was, so stop assuming things
    Would it be unfair of me to assume you're perhaps not a 'brainiac'?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    whys it like 90% of people on tsr, have : no friends, introverted, a nerd, or is a virgin.

Because most people on here are academics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would it be unfair of me to assume you're perhaps not a 'brainiac'?
    lol, its just an online name it doesnt mean shitz

ReputationRep:
    I honestly cannot describe TSR, it is just like hanging around with multiple versions of myself.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly, 90%......
    I need some proof about those figures because I highly doubt that man people are in any of those categories.

Secondly, If you have noticed the TSR standards on here are very high (Take a look at the GCSE Expectations thread especially).
    In society the clever people (AKA Nerds) don't really get Girls (That's not true all the time, but generally that's the case).

Thirdly, The reason why I'm not ashamed to admit that I have no friends, Never made contact with a girl (yep not any) and love revising is because Alot of people on here are sort of similar to me.

If you want Sex-craved, Non-introverted people then might I suggest Yahoo Answers?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's just a stereotype that gets exaggerated. That, and people are more open about their emotions and insecurities on an anonymous forum like this rather than something like facebook.

ReputationRep:

why is being a virgin is a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Jickleson)
    I think it's just a stereotype that gets exaggerated. That, and people are more open about their emotions and insecurities on an anonymous forum like this rather than something like facebook.
    I think that the anonymous option invites shyer students and young people to this forum to express more personal things, would you agree?

ReputationRep:

I don't necessarily think that's true. I think the traits you've said above apply to a lot of people. I think you just think that a lot of people on here are like that because on the internet people are more open about who they are.

Think about it... Loads of people are virgins, but no one would just say this in real life would they? Yet on the internet it's just easier and no one can judge you for it on here as it's a forum...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Username<)
    I don't necessarily think that's true. I think the traits you've said above apply to a lot of people. I think you just think that a lot of people on here are like that because on the internet people are more open about who they are.

Think about it... Loads of people are virgins, but no one would just say this in real life would they? Yet on the internet it's just easier and no one can judge you for it on here as it's a forum...
    I feel like TSR is a safe haven for people to express their personal views, stories and experiences anonymously without facing judgement. Similar to a therapist or doctor if you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raizelcadres)
    why is being a virgin is a bad thing?
    lol youve assumed alot of things in that once sentence

i never said any of those traits are 'bad'
    i never said being a virigin is a bad thing

being a virigin is not a bad thing, if anything its a good thing

(Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    I honestly cannot describe TSR, it is just like hanging around with multiple versions of myself.
    thats great for you
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly, 90%......
    I need some proof about those figures because I highly doubt that man people are in any of those categories.

Secondly, If you have noticed the TSR standards on here are very high (Take a look at the GCSE Expectations thread especially).
    In society the clever people (AKA Nerds) don't really get Girls (That's not true all the time, but generally that's the case).

Thirdly, The reason why I'm not ashamed to admit that I have no friends, Never made contact with a girl (yep not any) and love revising is because Alot of people on here are sort of similar to me.

If you want Sex-craved, Non-introverted people then might I suggest Yahoo Answers?
    ok maybe i exaggerated it its more like 95%
    Spoiler:
    Show
    jk its probably around 70% and its mostly based on the relationship forums(lol) and some threads
    lol calm down man, i just wanted to know a reason why, not a paragragh worths explanation

so your telling me your happy to all of those things, because random people on the internet are similar to you?

ReputationRep:
    Ik what you mean... i only signed up recently and i'm having second thoughts lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iHammmy)
    Ik what you mean... i only signed up recently and i'm having second thoughts lol
    Stay with us Hammmy, we're a lovely bunch who can get rather rowdy sometimes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.