Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone hope the EU punishes Britain for Brexit watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, it depends on what is deemed 'harsh'. If accepting freedom of movement is deemed harsh, then yes, I would like the EU to be 'harsh'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    I agree, let's deport everyone who voted for Brexit!
    I am beginning to think that the L is short for Loonie having indulged in the cyber equivalent of self harm reading the rubbish you have written on this topic. I am surprised you haven't resorted to calling it Breaks It

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    I am beginning to think that the L is short for Loonie having indulged in the cyber equivalent of self harm reading the rubbish you have written on this topic. I am surprised you haven't resorted to calling it Breaks It
    And there is a word that starts with R for remainers like you and OP, who wishes harm on others when the whole point of the referendum is to decide collectively what's best for the nation. You are like someone who keeps moaning long after the team had decided its direction. You have no interest in other people's arguments or judgements. It's either your way or no way.

To be frank, your ill wishes for the UK reminds me of spoiled kids in a game of monopoly. As soon as they've lost it, they completely disregard the rule of the game (the referendum) and flip the board so everyone else can't enjoy the game.

You've had your chance to put forward and argue your case, the UK voted to leave. I think it's time to make the best out of our decision, and more importantly, make the best out of yourself as a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    I hope the EU is as harsh as possible to Britain over Brexit, there must be no compromise on freedom of movement if Britain wants single market access. In fact in many ways I think the EU shouldn't give us access to the single market at all so all the Brexiteers can go and act out their idiotic Empire fantasy and realise what an irrelevant and pointless country the UK is on the world stage without the EU. I would not blame the EU at all for showing the UK what it is really like to "have their independence back".

Hopefully after a few years when the public gets it into their head that Britain has become a third world country without the EU, then they'll decide to join again, putting the EU in a great position to make sure this Brexit nonsense is gone for good by making us join the schengen area and adopt the Euro.
    Alrite Hitler, how's your delusions down in your crumbling bunker there?

Keep trollin buddy.

(Original post by Zas_21)
    At this point i hope Scotland gets its independence.
    Apparently a recent poll suggests Scots have cooled on independence (although I suppose we all know how reliable polls are now).

Although I suppose even if it got it, it's not exactly independence in any real way for a small country within the EU.
    Which I suspect is what informed the responses to that polling.

(Original post by paul514)
    I wish we could deport people who wish harm on our country which you just specifically did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The sentiment is understandable but thanks to our liberty I don't think it's fair to kick people out based on mean and stupid words.

Let the sore loser have his bitterness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Alrite Hitler, how's your delusions down in your crumbling bunker there?

Are you so ideologically wed to your weird obsession with the EU you'd genuinely wish the kind of hysterical worst-case-scenario national apocalypse you were apparently so worried about it made you vote Remain, onto the UK?

Like genuinely? Despite the end of the world not having occurred because the UK voted to disentangle itself from a supranational organization, instead of relief you want the UK to go down the *****er?.

You're a sad sad person there my friend.
    You don't care about the actual greater good for the UK,
    you don't care what the majority thinks,
    you're either just some self-involved muppet only interested in your free travel and residency privilege (which you probably don't even use), or a dangerous Europhillic ideologue.

Well, the EU is disturbingly weak on it's democratic credentials or respect for democracy, so I'm not surprised really it attracts like-minded petty little people.

Thankfully you're not the majority.
    OP is a frequent troll who posts many provocative threads like these, don't take what he says seriously..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    OP is a frequent troll who posts many provocative threads like these, don't take what he says seriously..
    Hard to tell on TSR sometimes, but it is known for the trolls so I'll say well played to him. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherishFreedom)
    And there is a word that starts with R for remainers like you and OP, who wishes harm on others when the whole point of the referendum is to decide collectively what's best for the nation. You are like someone who keeps moaning long after the team had decided its direction. You have no interest in other people's arguments or judgements. It's either your way or no way.

To be frank, your ill wishes for the UK reminds me of spoiled kids in a game of monopoly. As soon as they've lost it, they completely disregard the rule of the game (the referendum) and flip the board so everyone else can't enjoy the game.

You've had your chance to put forward and argue your case, the UK voted to leave. I think it's time to make the best out of our decision, and more importantly, make the best out of yourself as a person.
    Eh?

How TF did you come to the conclusion that I'm a Remoaner? Or are you confusing me with the OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humanteaparty)
    The EU can't punish Brexit, it would be REALLY controversial if they did. The EU is meant to be made up of democratic european countries, the fact that we made a democratic decision means they'll look like *******s. Its up to the EU now to give the UK a fair deal while proving EU membership is the best thing on offer. Thats how they can make sure the EU survives.
    Democratic? With a simple lead in a constitutional matter?

El oh el.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    Eh?

How TF did you come to the conclusion that I'm a Remoaner? Or are you confusing me with the OP?
    My apologies if you aren't one of them, I may have fired at the wrong person.

But people like OP are why some politicians are against having referendums. They like to make their argument just like everyone else before the referendum, but refuses to accept the result like everyone else after it. You just can't please them unless they win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherishFreedom)
    My apologies if you aren't one of them, I may have fired at the wrong person.

But people like OP are why some politicians are against having referendums. They like to make their argument just like everyone else before the referendum, but refuses to accept the result like everyone else after it. You just can't please them unless they win.
    1) Accepted

2) Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    I hope the EU is as harsh as possible to Britain over Brexit, there must be no compromise on freedom of movement if Britain wants single market access. In fact in many ways I think the EU shouldn't give us access to the single market at all so all the Brexiteers can go and act out their idiotic Empire fantasy and realise what an irrelevant and pointless country the UK is on the world stage without the EU. I would not blame the EU at all for showing the UK what it is really like to "have their independence back".

Hopefully after a few years when the public gets it into their head that Britain has become a third world country without the EU, then they'll decide to join again, putting the EU in a great position to make sure this Brexit nonsense is gone for good by making us join the schengen area and adopt the Euro.
    If the EU does punish the UK, it will justify the leave vote which basically says the EU is no longer the free market what we joined, but a trade blocking, federalising, controlling, manipulative dictatorial comission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus2)
    If the EU does punish the UK, it will justify the leave vote which basically says the EU is no longer the free market what we joined, but a trade blocking, federalising, controlling, manipulative dictatorial comission.
    Check mate

ReputationRep:
    One does not simply leave the EU. In a secret Bilderberg meeting Merkel, Schauble, Juncker, the Illuminati, the Rothschilds and Lizardmen have decided to punish Britain by unleashing a swarm of rapefugees, ISIS terrorists, and Polish plumbers the likes the world has never seen.

ReputationRep:
    You sound patriotic. And the EU isn't relevant on the world stage. I don't really care about that, especially not in perverse, futile grandiose wars. I am actually rather isolationist. Oh, and here's the thing- it isn't an 'empire fantasy' it's a 'perfectly capable of being independent, autonomous and successful and not held back by the most regressive economic deal on the planet' reality. Like, you know, Australia, Japan, Canada, the US, India, Russia. Independent, you see those are proper countries with a sense of their national interests. No-one really has empires anymore in that sense, do you really think that's the justification for Brexit? We will be more connected to the world in trade through Brexit, I know remainers have been propagandized, but there are people queuing up. China couldn't get any deal with the EU all that time, they are all ready, as well as India, Australia, Canada and the US.

You should bugger off and live in the EU. Unfortunately so many people think it's a 'progressive cause' when it is regressive.

I'd much rather live in an independent France than an EU one controlled by open borders fools. Let's hope Europe goes back to sovereign nations co-operating and ejecting federal union. Vastly more sensible for all of us, plus we'll get better politics in our own counties, a chance to defy neo-liberal consensus.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.