Lloyds TSB STudent Account 2007 Watch

Sephiroth
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My account is still listed under "Current accounts and savings" but called "Student". I assume this means it's still not upgraded? Either way I haven't received any free stuff yet.
monkeyru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it's been changed =D no more worrying. well, unless they dont send me the forms for the nus card
Treepee
Report 11 years ago
How can you tell it has been updated without receiving the NUS forms and that?
monkeyru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ive registered for internet banking and it says at the top 'student' instead of 'under 19 account'. alternatively you can go into a bank and they'll tell you.
~Bex~
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mine's said "Student" since I signed up for the Early Student Account.
Treepee
Report 11 years ago
I went into the branch today and they told me it can take up to 14 working days and its probably really delayed because of the volume of people applying and if its not been received by like 3 and a half weeks to come back in. I think though none of them really have a clue in the branch.
Chrish2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Treepee)
I think though none of them really have a clue in the branch.
Try telling them you don't want there student account.

Attempt 1
When they sent the first letter out I sent the reply slip saying I did not want it

Attempt 2
After getting back from the US on Sunday I have a letter saying "Thank you for choosing Lloyds TSB". I was so mad when I read the first line. Phoned them up and told them I have already told them I did not want it. He says that you can't do it over the phone but have to do it in branch (the letter says you have to tell them befor the 3rd. It was the 3rd the next day.

Attempt 3
Walk into my local branch on Monday morning (waited ages in the line). Explained the situation. She photocopied the letter and took my details and promised that it would be sorted out.

Attempt 4
Log into online banking this morning and I now have a Student account. Go to my local bank, look forever to be seen. The lady is clearly cynical of my story, asking me who I spoke with (could not remember) and which desk they were at. After around 5 mins she is on the phone to her manager who is in one of the back offices. I'm told that she's busy and that it's in her to-do box.

Out of the 4 attempts 0 have worked

This is why I don't want to have my student account with Lloyd's TSB. Ever things good when you want to just do pay-ins and withdrawals but once something goes more complex than that then they run round like headless chickens. God knows what they would be like if you wanted to stop a cheque!

Its just like that advert on TV where the guy is in a bank and they keep saying "It doesn't work like that"
jrt87
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Treepee)
I went into the branch today and they told me it can take up to 14 working days and its probably really delayed because of the volume of people applying and if its not been received by like 3 and a half weeks to come back in. I think though none of them really have a clue in the branch.
Looks like I've made the wrong choice with this account.:rolleyes:

I'm leaving in 11 days on the 15th. My loan probably won't be paid in till about the 21st. That's 6 days without any money. I need the overdraft. I'll definitely ring first thing tomorrow morning and see what's up. If they try to fob me off with going down my local branch (for me, it entails a £5 bus fare that I'd rather not spend at the moment) I'll just play up a little.

They'll soon get their act together once I threaten to move to another bank.
Lolly-88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got my letter today with my card...but no pin number (i hate when banks do that :rolleyes:) i logged on and have my overdarft too. When do we get the freebies???? I really want my NUS card as mine expired this month, i need to get some clothes and stuff but want my discount.
devils_nose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The PIN will come in a couple of days (that is how it worked for me) as they won't risk them both showing up in the same batch of post for security reasons.. I called Lloyds a little over a week ago about the NUS extra info and they said letters with the details should be coming out at the beginning of this month. I think it if hasn't arrived by Friday I will be popping into the branch for a word and a chase-up!!
x mel x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
am i right thinking we should get a letter saying when our account has been updated?
monkeyru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i got my overdraft today. i think they felt sorry for me because it was my third time there trying to get an overdraft but hopefully it is all sorted now. going to apply for the yha card tonight.
Sephiroth
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
On my online banking my over-draft limit just says "Apply". They told me I'd be getting 500 to begin with.
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Has anyone received information about the NUS Extra card yet?
Lolly-88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Bex~)
I haven't yet...but most places stll accept the old one, they don't really check properly to see if it's out of date...even though the new one is bright yellow.
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't have an old one, so that's not much use to me lol!
jrt87
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm getting sick of these clowns. :rolleyes:

End of July, I provide all details. Get early student account, £100 OD, Visa Debit etc. I assume that just after A level results are out, my OD will go up to £500 (the limit for the first 6 months) and I'll get the other stuff through the post.

Nada.

Rang them twice now. First time told that they can't do anything, and that the pack should come through within 28 days (so after I'm gone) :rolleyes: . Just rang again to be told I need to go to the local branch to get the overdraft up. Now, my local branch equates to £6 in travel fares I don't really have :mad:. Pisses me off having to overdraw from them, just to sort this out. Plus, I'm sure when I get there, no-one will be free. With them trying to get me to book an appointment. No way will I be going back to waste another £6 getting there again.

I don't really care for the NUS extra card, but that £25 and overdraft would be welcome. Complete amateurs the lot of them. It's sad I'll have to resorts to threatening to close my account for them to do their very easy job (ie pushing a button on a computer).
Treepee
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I agree its getting appauling now. Does anyone know if you get the £500 overdraft as soon as the account gets upgraded or are we gonna have to mess around applying for it?

I havent got the £25 yet but its only been 21 days since I opened it, if my account hasnt been upgraded by mid next week Im gonna go in and complain as this is getting a stupidly long time and its not even long till Uni starts
devils_nose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Bex~)
I got the letter in yesterday's post so they have started sending them out now - won't be long till yours arrives, I'm sure!!
Lolly-88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't understand why you're having so much trouble getting the overdraft. I got mine straight away. Did you open the account in the branch or do it online???

I got a letter from them today telling me they were transferring all my direct debits and standing orders and getting my other bank to close my account on the 12th. What will happen to my money in my old bank account?? Will it get tranferred over or will i have to take it all out and deposit it in my new account??
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (390)
74.57%
No (133)
25.43%

Watched Threads