The Student Room Group

Which event in the Olympics would you take part in?

Scroll to see replies

Either swimming or rowing, always wanted to do rowing to be fair.
Reply 41
Original post by 04MR17
.Basically any rowing discipline with enough people in the boat so that you don't have to work as hard?

On the contrary, some people (like myself and many more lower level athletes) find it much easier to work to full potential in crew boats because there is less worry about balance and it's easier to rate higher. It is by no means easier, if anything it might be harder since you are able to apply more of your available power. I like to watch them because I row in a single scull all the time, I get to go in a double once every month or less. The difficulty in crews is the synchronization which to some people is also a big problem. Single scullers, to me, are very skilled and probably the most talented rowers but since I almost only row in a single I like to watch other events.
Long jump if the summer games, Bobsleigh if the winter.
Original post by 130398
On the contrary, some people (like myself and many more lower level athletes) find it much easier to work to full potential in crew boats because there is less worry about balance and it's easier to rate higher. It is by no means easier, if anything it might be harder since you are able to apply more of your available power. I like to watch them because I row in a single scull all the time, I get to go in a double once every month or less. The difficulty in crews is the synchronization which to some people is also a big problem. Single scullers, to me, are very skilled and probably the most talented rowers but since I almost only row in a single I like to watch other events.
It was just a little joke...
Original post by 34908seikj
The one with the least physical activity.

Archery then
Reply 45
Archery! I did it competitively for 5 years before I hit sixth form and took an educational break. I got up to county champion at one point :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Women's beach volleyball. I'd referee...
Reply 48
Original post by Wellzi
Women's beach volleyball. I'd referee...

That's some good **** right there :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by 04MR17
It was just a little joke...

Didn't mean to sound hostile. I know that rowing isn't a very big sport and chances are that not many people know about its specifics. Hence I gave some info that I usually give to anyone who asks about the sport.

Quick Reply

Latest