Turn on thread page Beta

Who is going to America this year? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    doesn't he need to be accepted first? Which Boston Uni? There are something like 80 of them.
    I don't know if it is in Boston I was guessing
    I think he's going to Harvard or Yale :rolleyes: don't know
    One of them is at Harvard
    He has been accepted I don't know why he's going out there this time, or maybe he hasn't. To be honest I don't speak to the guy I'm just going there for a holiday

ReputationRep:
    well that's another debate, but actually the French Quebeckers prefer the Americans far more than the English Canadians.
    They've got this weird admiration for the Americans...

Chateauguay? I think I've heard of that place.
    its a quite suburb...rather boring actually...im going out tonight so its ok...lol
    How come you went to montreal? stayed so long there i mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    its a quite suburb...rather boring actually...im going out tonight so its ok...lol
    How come you went to montreal? stayed so long there i mean.
    Looked for a job there but ended up in Boston as I couldn't find anything decent.

ReputationRep:
    Looked for a job there but ended up in Boston as I couldn't find anything decent.
    didnt you find it annoying, how they had je me souviens written on every car number plate.

lol...my cousin was telling me, they only have waitressing jobs for girls willing to 'show off a bit' ....that made me laugh. But seriously, anything that pays!

ReputationRep:
    didnt you find it annoying, how they had je me souviens written on every car number plate.

lol...my cousin was telling me, they only have waitressing jobs for girls willing to 'show off a bit' ....that made me laugh. But seriously, anything that pays!
    It refers to the 1837 rebellion. I studied it in my History of Canada course at McMaster.

You probably noticed the number of stripclubs, and also the number of girls willing to work as a stripper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaRRR)
    Going to Florida in about 2 1/2 weeks time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait going to be soooooooo much funnnnnnnnnnnn
    Me too but It doesnt make the same sense to me.. cause im 2 1/2 airplane hours from Miami

ReputationRep:
    It refers to the 1837 rebellion. I studied it in my History of Canada course at McMaster.

You probably noticed the number of stripclubs, and also the number of girls willing to work as a stripper...
    yeah i know what the whole thing is about, its against the english...its like let GO...

lol...you are a funny boy...as long as it pays! i dont think they take 16 yr olds...hehehe. Here its only legal at 18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    I'm also going to Florida in... about 2 1/2 weeks time, whereabouts are you headed? I'm off to the Keys myself.
    Highlands reserve, Kissimmee

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm hoping to find a nice american girl to play with, as well as going to the uber cool theme parks and taking a look at america as a whole!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know what the whole thing is about, its against the english...its like let GO...

lol...you are a funny boy...as long as it pays! i dont think they take 16 yr olds...hehehe. Here its only legal at 18
    you could always lie if you really wanted to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    We're staying at the Plaza in New York Personally I think it's crazy spending that much money for a hotel but apparently it was on offer "pay three nights, get one free" or something
    my dad stayed there and said it wasnt worth the money :confused:
    but at least ur right by central park which is gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    you could always lie if you really wanted to...
    I might just do that ...i lied about the communicating in french well...
    did you need your national insurance card to work there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    my dad stayed there and said it wasnt worth the money :confused:
    but at least ur right by central park which is gorgeous!
    I don't think it's worth the money either. I'd rather stay in the hotel we stayed in last time. Ok, so it wasn't the most luxerious of places, but it was half the price and right next to Time Square! But it should still be good, central park is nice Although I think I prefered Battery Park. That was so nice!

ReputationRep:
    I might just do that ...i lied about the communicating in french well...
    did you need your national insurance card to work there?
    I worked in Boston on a J-1 visa. Never worked in Canada.

So you're up for lapdances? Interesting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I don't think it's worth the money either. I'd rather stay in the hotel we stayed in last time. Ok, so it wasn't the most luxerious of places, but it was half the price and right next to Time Square! But it should still be good, central park is nice Although I think I prefered Battery Park. That was so nice!
    we stayed in the hilton in times square...it was fab! i loved the hustle and bustle it was right by madame tussauds so everytime we stepped outside we saw a samuel l jackson wax model lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    yeh i preferred battery park too. the immigration island thing was boring though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    yeh i preferred battery park too. the immigration island thing was boring though
    Battery Park is good - but then Central Perk is in the middle of everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Yeah, central park is nice, there was just something about battery park that made me really like it. I don't know what it was though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    ice skating in central park at christmas is magic
    until u fall over that is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    ice skating in central park at christmas is magic
    until u fall over that is
    I prfer watching it!

Both at Central Perk and at The Rockerfeller Centre.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.