Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else think schools should do more compulsory PE Watch

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I hated sports at high school but that was because I was forced to do sports I hated (rugby f*** that s***) or sports that I was at a disadvantage at like netball where all the tall girls towered over me :lol:

I think if I'd been allowed to choose my sports and do it at my own pace as opposed to forcing everyone to try snd compete at the same level, it might've been more fun and I maybe wouldn't have been put off by team sports for life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    Or you could have some bantz with the lads and play some footy. :giggle:
    I'd rather keep my gains. :laugh:

Its funny non-lifters make jokes at people who lift but when the tables turned around people can't handle it.
    Its like a unspoken rule... :lol:

Just saying in general not you. ^

ReputationRep:
    Yes!

Every year at my Academy gets 4 hours of P.E. a fortnight. Our Academy does offer GCSE P.E. and BTEC Sport at GCSE (which most of our year took because we all think we need more P.E. on our timetable!) and I took BTEC Sport. I love P.E., and although I know people who don't like P.E. they still wish we had more hours of it. It definitely helps with the overweight students as well. Our Academy does an awful lot of extra curricular P.E. as well, but to have more P.E. on timetables would be helpful I think.

ReputationRep:
    PE no, circuit training and running, yes. Obesity is becoming too much of a problem and costing the NHS way too much. Being fat is not healthy nor beautiful. If they realise how unfit they are hopefully that would make a change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Possibly but only if there's less of an emphasis on competitive sport.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    No no no n o n o nooooo

I hated pe so much in secondary school. In my class there were the *****y popular girls, they thought they were amazing at pe and would look down on everyone who were terrible at it. They would always talk about people behind their backs saying how **** they were at pe.
    Whenever my friend and I got put in a group with any of them I always hear them say "ugh omg no, why do I have to be in such a **** team!"
    And another time, apparently my friend and I "calculated the scores wrong" so one of them girls had a hissy fit and started shouting at us.

I can totally relate, it was the same at my school.

We also had SETS in p.e that put you in order of how **** or great you are at p.e! Talk about decreasing motivation - not the best way to go about making people understand how important health is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    I can totally relate, it was the same at my school.

We also had SETS in p.e that put you in order of how **** or great you are at p.e! Talk about decreasing motivation - not the best way to go about making people understand how important health is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree. The only way that would make me enjoy pe more and to want to do more would be to let me choose the stuff I like and to let me work with the people I know I get on well with.

I remember towards the end of year 11 all the girls wanted to do dodgeball and it got so boring because that's all we did. I was really different from them because I'm not competitive at all, the stuff I enjoyed doing was dance mats and going to the fitness suite.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.